Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Re: The Dario Šarić thread: "Super Dario" 

Post#41 » by Killboard » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:11 pm

SixersMS wrote:
upriser7 wrote:
SixersMS wrote:Fans in Minnesota are going to turn on him quick he's absolutely pathetic on defense, very slow footed, very limited athletically, and can't even come close to creating his own shot. He has regressed this year quite a bit.

Fans in Minnesota haven't turned on Wiggins yet...so Dario should be fine lol...don't think fans have high expectations after this trade anyway...as long as the players on court give effort and make it competitive, it should atleast be fine I guess...moreover Dario might need some time to adjust to new city , teammates and a coach like Thibs

He's a nice guy just very limited ...he's only shooting 30% from 3-point land this year and the scoring average is down 3 points. Teams have figured out how to play him and he doesn't have the athletic ability to adjust. I'll be pulling for him he's a nice guy.

13 games is a small sample and I will take the 39 3p% in 400 attempts. I don't think he needs to create for himself. I want him to space the floor for KAT and wigs, make entry passes using his height and remove himself from the paint as Taj can't do. Defensively I don't think we can be worse. He is a better rebounder than Taj BTW.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#42 » by mplsfonz23 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:21 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
upriser7 wrote:
Read on Twitter

He should be starting. Maybe not day one but soon.

I really don't like that. He should be more concerned about winning over starting. Will he sulk once Thibs yells at him, or pulls him out?
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,604

Post#43 » by FireMorey » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Saric doesn't sulk, he just plays better when he starts. Saric is a team guy, he won't be a problem if he comes off the bench.
wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#44 » by wesleyt95 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:03 pm

I think Dario comes in and competes against everyone not named Towns for 2nd option; substituting Taj for Dario's spacing and passing will take offense to another level.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#45 » by Jedzz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:17 pm

ProcessTrusta wrote:Saric doesn't sulk, he just plays better when he starts. Saric is a team guy, he won't be a problem if he comes off the bench.
Are we hearing a comparable trait with Bjelica again? He seemed to play differently from bench/start too.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#46 » by Phila Tough » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:37 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
upriser7 wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:
Nobody cared because it didn't fit their `Sixers process failed' narrative. Now people are going to start acknowledging the Process babies

it obviously didn't fail but one thing for sure...majority wanted it to fail badly

The process certainly hasn't succeeded yet. Philadelphia has accomplished nothing other than a bad loss in the second round to an extremely short handed Celtics team. I am part of the majority. I want it to fail badly. It is a disgrace to the game to make it your mission to lose every game for several years.

Ehhhh we have a top 5 player in the league. I'd say we succeeded. That was the plan after all. That sucks to hear though, I always found it easy to root for the Timberwolves. They've been mediocre forever, similar to the Sixers. Those are the teams I want to see succeed.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#47 » by theGreatRC » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:44 pm

Phila Tough wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
upriser7 wrote:it obviously didn't fail but one thing for sure...majority wanted it to fail badly

The process certainly hasn't succeeded yet. Philadelphia has accomplished nothing other than a bad loss in the second round to an extremely short handed Celtics team. I am part of the majority. I want it to fail badly. It is a disgrace to the game to make it your mission to lose every game for several years.

Ehhhh we have a top 5 player in the league. I'd say we succeeded. That was the plan after all. That sucks to hear though, I always found it easy to root for the Timberwolves. They've been mediocre forever, similar to the Sixers. Those are the teams I want to see succeed.

Don't let one posters words make you think that about the Wolves, he's been saying a bunch of stuff like that.

Jimmy Butler left a horrible last impression on this franchise before he left, but none of us can deny that Jimmy is a game changer and gives you guys that push to be legit finals contenders. I think Toronto is the only thing stopping you guys from winning the East (I think you guys need to get some shooters at the deadline). I think if Simmons can take that next step, then there's nothing stop PHI from greatness because Jimmy/Biid are already two dominant stars
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#48 » by Killboard » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:48 pm

Phila Tough wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
upriser7 wrote:it obviously didn't fail but one thing for sure...majority wanted it to fail badly

Bron, Durant, Giannis, Davis, Leonard. And I'm leaving out Harden because he doesn't like to defend. Who you remove from that list and why?
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Post#49 » by KGdaBom » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:10 am

theGreatRC wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:The process certainly hasn't succeeded yet. Philadelphia has accomplished nothing other than a bad loss in the second round to an extremely short handed Celtics team. I am part of the majority. I want it to fail badly. It is a disgrace to the game to make it your mission to lose every game for several years.

Don't let one posters words make you think that about the Wolves, he's been saying a bunch of stuff like that.

Jimmy Butler left a horrible last impression on this franchise before he left, but none of us can deny that Jimmy is a game changer and gives you guys that push to be legit finals contenders. I think Toronto is the only thing stopping you guys from winning the East (I think you guys need to get some shooters at the deadline). I think if Simmons can take that next step, then there's nothing stop PHI from greatness because Jimmy/Biid are already two dominant stars

Even if Embiid is a top five player which I certainly don't think he is that's irrelevant to my point. The extent of their success so far is a 1-4 second round loss. Not bad, but not special. Of course they have talent to succeed. I just hope they don't. I don't want to see what they did rewarded in any way shape or form.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,562

Post#50 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:01 am

KGdaBom wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:
Phila Tough wrote:

Even if Embiid is a top five player which I certainly don't think he is that's irrelevant to my point. The extent of their success so far is a 1-4 second round loss. Not bad, but not special. Of course they have talent to succeed. I just hope they don't. I don't want to see what they did rewarded in any way shape or form.

Process is far from perfect, I actually find us just being lucky with Embiid and without it we’re really in bad shape with the flops we had on our multiple lottery picks like MCW, Noel and Okafor.

But it accomplished our goal of finding multiple stars and possibly a superstar on the team.

For one of the worst team in league’s history to be a top team in the east, it’s a success for me. Well, for my standard and everyone has their own.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,197

Post#51 » by Neeva » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:12 am

Not to mention fultz I am amazed at the assets Philly has with four busts like that in the top 5 of lottery.
76ciology wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:

Process is far from perfect, I actually find us just being lucky with Embiid and without it we’re really in bad shape with the flops we had on our multiple lottery picks like MCW, Noel and Okafor.

But it accomplished our goal of finding multiple stars and possibly a superstar on the team.

For one of the worst team in league’s history to be a top team in the east, it’s a success for me. Well, for my standard and everyone has their own.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,562

Post#52 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:24 am

Neeva wrote:Not to mention fultz I am amazed at the assets Philly has with four busts like that in the top 5 of lottery.
76ciology wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Even if Embiid is a top five player which I certainly don't think he is that's irrelevant to my point. The extent of their success so far is a 1-4 second round loss. Not bad, but not special. Of course they have talent to succeed. I just hope they don't. I don't want to see what they did rewarded in any way shape or form.

True.

Thats why asset accumulation is a way different ball game than nailing them.

Look at Vlade, he’s probably horrible at algebra that he did a poor job managing assets by wasting cap and picks but look at how good Kings are right now.

Kings process is a success, so was ours. Luck or not, results justify the process.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
sky4it
Junior
And1: 83

Post#53 » by sky4it » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:45 am

SixersMS wrote:
Dewey wrote:
SixersMS wrote:
He's a nice guy just very limited ...he's only shooting 30% from 3-point land this year and the scoring average is down 3 points. Teams have figured out how to play him and he doesn't have the athletic ability to adjust. I'll be pulling for him he's a nice guy.

.... just as long as he gives the effort, i dont care if he's "athletic". Maybe I'm wrong but he reminds me of Bjelica ... not overly athletic but learned where to be for open shots, decent passer, learned to play decent help defense. Then we didnt resign him :roll:

with the great Ben Simmons & the great Joel embiid on the floor drawing double and triple teams ...he had a wide open shots ....time to set his feet and he can still only shoot 30% this year. Like I say he's a very likeable young man I hope he does well but you're going to get frustrated with him.

Ouch. why did we get rid of Bjelica?
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#54 » by KGdaBom » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:14 pm

sky4it wrote:
SixersMS wrote:
Dewey wrote:.... just as long as he gives the effort, i dont care if he's "athletic". Maybe I'm wrong but he reminds me of Bjelica ... not overly athletic but learned where to be for open shots, decent passer, learned to play decent help defense. Then we didnt resign him :roll:

with the great Ben Simmons & the great Joel embiid on the floor drawing double and triple teams ...he had a wide open shots ....time to set his feet and he can still only shoot 30% this year. Like I say he's a very likeable young man I hope he does well but you're going to get frustrated with him.

Bjelica has totally come back down to earth. Saric is just starting to play very well.
croat25
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#55 » by croat25 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:47 pm

I hope Šarić will do well but I'm afraid right now he's mentally devastated. Will take time to accept and adjust.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,723

Post#56 » by minimus » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:34 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
sky4it wrote:
SixersMS wrote:

Bjelica has totally come back down to earth. Saric is just starting to play very well.
Lol. Last game against SAS Bjelica had 4-5Fg, perfect 3-3pt, 6 rebs in 26 minutes.
Macwolf527
Junior
And1: 217

Post#57 » by Macwolf527 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:44 pm

I like Saric's game. He's skilled and he plays hard. People put a lot of emphasis on athleticism because of the highlight film, but a player that understands proper positioning will win you more game. I've watch his highlights and he knows how to get into a players body to create leverage on the offensive and defensive ends of the floor. Others (Wiggins) just can't hang him out to dry by being out of position. Offensively, he's going to make a lot of people better, especially those that know how to cut to the basket.

Collectively, the floor should be spaced much better with Covington and Saric in the line-up. The key will be Towns and Wiggins learning to trust their teammates and pass the ball out of the post or on the drive, if the opportunities are not there. The more this is done, the more the defense will loosen up for scoring opportunities. The trade may not be glamorous, but the incoming players definitely fit our two max players.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#58 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:11 pm

Macwolf527 wrote:I like Saric's game. He's skilled and he plays hard. People put a lot of emphasis on athleticism because of the highlight film, but a player that understands proper positioning will win you more game. I've watch his highlights and he knows how to get into a players body to create leverage on the offensive and defensive ends of the floor. Others (Wiggins) just can't hang him out to dry by being out of position. Offensively, he's going to make a lot of people better, especially those that know how to cut to the basket.

Collectively, the floor should be spaced much better with Covington and Saric in the line-up. The key will be Towns and Wiggins learning to trust their teammates and pass the ball out of the post or on the drive, if the opportunities are not there. The more this is done, the more the defense will loosen up for scoring opportunities. The trade may not be glamorous, but the incoming players definitely fit our two max players.

They will trust them if Thibs teaches them.
He is going to have to adjust. Those two are not ISO players, and if he can't get them to swing the ball, then we will have a lot of dysfunction.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Re: The Dario Šarić thread: 

Post#59 » by KGdaBom » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:30 pm

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
sky4it wrote:

Lol. Last game against SAS Bjelica had 4-5Fg, perfect 3-3pt, 6 rebs in 26 minutes.

Look at his last several games. He has been nothing special.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,723

Re: The Dario Šarić thread: 

Post#60 » by minimus » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:31 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Bjelica has totally come back down to earth. Saric is just starting to play very well.

Look at his last several games. He has been nothing special.
Look his season stats he has been special

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves