ImageImageImage

| NOP @ MIN | GAME 15

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,723

Re: | NOP @ MIN | GAME 15 

Post#361 » by minimus » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:26 pm

shangrila wrote:But baby steps in the right direction is nice. Hopefully it continues.

#trusttheprocess
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#362 » by Worm Guts » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:47 pm

It was nice to see Wiggins play like it matters for a few minutes
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#363 » by Crazy-Canuck » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:10 pm

Worm Guts wrote:It was nice to see Wiggins play like it matters for a few minutes

JVG was going after him during the game, calling him no.1 pick type talent and an all star. He was screaming how wiggins needed to attack more instead of being camped at the 3 pt line. It was almost if he auditioning for a job.
ronnierarko
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#364 » by ronnierarko » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:27 pm

feel like a 2nd unit comprised mostly of Rose, Okogie, Cov, Saric, & KAT can really do damage. It's practically a starting lineup. Great balance of big time offense and defense.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Post#365 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:07 pm

ronnierarko wrote:feel like a 2nd unit comprised mostly of Rose, Okogie, Cov, Saric, & KAT can really do damage. It's practically a starting lineup. Great balance of big time offense and defense.

Considering that Saric will be the starter soon that is 3 fifths of the starting lineup and Rose has been 1B to Teague's 1A yep it's practically a starting lineup.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#366 » by packforfreedom » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:08 pm

It was obvious that the team has fun again, now that Jimmy is gone and I think I had fun again watching.

I'm also sold on Daric and RoCo. Daric will be such a good fit next to KAT like he was next to Embiid. He is a better interior man defender than I thought, he moves the ball quickly and has solid court vision, he shoot form looks fluid. He's slow af and we will getting frustrated at times when his shot doesn't fall, but he seems to be a hustler. could be our PF going forward after Taj is gone next offseason. RoCo has a quick release, is massive and a good positional defender. The floor spacing was the best I've seen in years for a wolves team. I think I'm really happy with the trade now.

Also Wiggy DUNKED!
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,849

Post#367 » by life_saver » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:33 pm

I saw on twitter yesterday where a Wolves related journo tweeted about Wiggins saying that he will go to rim more often now that Butler isn't here anymore
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#368 » by PharmD » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Worm Guts wrote:It was nice to see Wiggins play like it matters for a few minutes

yeah this

I missed the Last 5 Minutes of a Close Game Wiggins. Unfortunately in the JButt era Wiggins' 43 minutes of coasting transformed into 48 minutes of coasting. Hopefully he's back to his old self.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#369 » by Killboard » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:39 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
ronnierarko wrote:feel like a 2nd unit comprised mostly of Rose, Okogie, Cov, Saric, & KAT can really do damage. It's practically a starting lineup. Great balance of big time offense and defense.

Considering that Saric will be the starter soon that is 3 fifths of the starting lineup and Rose has been 1B to Teague's 1A yep it's practically a starting lineup.

Covington can't play 40 minutes though.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Post#370 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:45 pm

Killboard wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Covington can't play 40 minutes though.

His first game with us and he gets 41 minutes. Amazing. Do we win if he just played 36?
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,849

Post#371 » by life_saver » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:01 pm

Read on Twitter
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#372 » by Shaka_Zulu » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:48 pm

Calinks wrote:Seeing that dunk gave me 90's/early 00's nostalgia for some reason. I know players still dunk, just something about it just jolted that feeling in me.
It slightly reminded me of Pippen dunking on Ewing and landing with his nuts on Ewing's face.

But Wiggins skipped the landing part and just kicked Mirotic in the nuts before dunking lol.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#373 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm

KGdaBom wrote:

I feel like Rose stops the ball movement. Thibs is still going to let him go ISO whenever he wants. I hope we can get him to adjust now that his bromance is gone. We need a PG who wants to distribute first like JT.
This team need a coaching change, but after statements by Taylor, sounds like TT is going to be here the rest of the season.
wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#374 » by wesleyt95 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:33 pm

I'm looking forward towards a lineup of Rose-Okogie-Wiggins-Covington-Towns as well, i'd put that on the floor against anyone
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#375 » by Jedzz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:44 pm

upriser7 wrote:dude...it's very rare that players play well consistently in all the quarters...especially in matches where a player has like 15 points in a quarter, he will obviously cool down at some point and will have quarters where they might not score much.
Also stop coming to conclusions over players just based on some 4-5 games early in season. These were KAT's scoring numbers last season by quarters -
First quarter - 4.3
2nd Quarter - 6.4
3rd Quarter - 5.3
4th Quarter - 5.3
So..as you can see, there really wasn't any significant difference in his performances in first half and 2nd half last season

You chose last season. I'm thinking about the Towns, Wiggins, Lavine days where they were destroying teams in the first two and vanishing in the third. Lavine was usually the only one left in the second half back then trying to keep them afloat. Everything changed of course when the team brought in Butler Teague and Taj. Guys that don't completely vanish for one or two quarters. Going cold doesn't mean you don't stay involved. He just removes himself from the equation in the quarters I'm talking about. No shots no nuthing. Can't have that.

Towns wanted it back to the way it was with him and Wiggs as the prize fighters again. That's great and all. But he needs to be the 180 million dollar man now and can no longer vanish like that. You want everything to go through you, then own it. 4 quarters. I don't expect him to post 40 every night. But if you got 20 in the first two quarters, it's not an excuse to go to sleep for the rest of it. There is no other big dogs around anymore. He made sure of that.

He came up and played big again late in the 4th. That's something we didn't always get from him in the past. So I've given him props for that already. Still won't excuse the vanishing quarters. I don't think he's figured out yet how to stay involved when his foul numbers are high and he's avoiding more so he can finish games.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#376 » by Jedzz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:50 pm

Went from a wing weakness to a strength pretty quickly this year.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#377 » by Jedzz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:53 pm

Calinks wrote:
Read on Twitter

A response from there...
AndyMetzger
‏ @AndyMetzger
16h16 hours ago

You mean you don't miss Jimmy holding on to the ball and killing the shot clock to take a long two as guys stand around? Cmon!

I saw Teague doing a bit of that in the 3rd and 4th last night. Not to take long twos, but still.
Tukkerwolf
Starter
And1: 2,178

Post#378 » by Tukkerwolf » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:58 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Calinks wrote:
Read on Twitter

A response from there...
AndyMetzger
‏ @AndyMetzger
16h16 hours ago

You mean you don't miss Jimmy holding on to the ball and killing the shot clock to take a long two as guys stand around? Cmon!

I saw Teague doing a bit of that in the 3rd and 4th last night. Not to take long twos, but still.
Crazy how ball movement stalled the second half, why?
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#379 » by Killboard » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:59 pm

Jedzz wrote:
upriser7 wrote:dude...it's very rare that players play well consistently in all the quarters...especially in matches where a player has like 15 points in a quarter, he will obviously cool down at some point and will have quarters where they might not score much.
Also stop coming to conclusions over players just based on some 4-5 games early in season. These were KAT's scoring numbers last season by quarters -
First quarter - 4.3
2nd Quarter - 6.4
3rd Quarter - 5.3
4th Quarter - 5.3
So..as you can see, there really wasn't any significant difference in his performances in first half and 2nd half last season

You chose last season. I'm thinking about the Towns, Wiggins, Lavine days where they were destroying teams in the first two and vanishing in the third. Lavine was usually the only one left in the second half back then trying to keep them afloat. Everything changed of course when the team brought in Butler Teague and Taj. Guys that don't completely vanish for one or two quarters. Going cold doesn't mean you don't stay involved. He just removes himself from the equation in the quarters I'm talking about. No shots no nuthing. Can't have that.

Towns wanted it back to the way it was with him and Wiggs as the prize fighters again. That's great and all. But he needs to be the 180 million dollar man now and can no longer vanish like that. You want everything to go through you, then own it. 4 quarters. I don't expect him to post 40 every night. But if you got 20 in the first two quarters, it's not an excuse to go to sleep for the rest of it. There is no other big dogs around anymore. He made sure of that.

He came up and played big again late in the 4th. That's something we didn't always get from him in the past. So I've given him props for that already. Still won't excuse the vanishing quarters. I don't think he's figured out yet how to stay involved when his foul numbers are high and he's avoiding more so he can finish games.

The wolves won more games last season, but they struggled in 4th quarters too, even with the "tough guys" you mention. I dont have the stat right blw, but the Thibs wolves are worse than league average giving away leads. I will try to find it.

Then about Towns, he isn't happy with Thibs. The system doesn't help him. Our more played guards aren't pass first or good defenders. Thibs system up to now relays a lot on guards pounding the ball up to infinity and little to none side movement.

Butler had one assist to him in 100 minutes of crunch time last season. That wasn't him choosing anything. That is on Butler not being so team first as he alegadly is. And on Thibs for not calling out Jimmy egoism.

We want him to be a anchor, but we dont want him to be in foul trouble. Know what? That isn't possible. There will be growing pains, specially if the guards can't stay in front of anyone.

But so far this season his defense has improved. He dominated Davis last night. That isn't easy to do at all.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#380 » by Slim Tubby » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:03 pm

The entire game was great but I was most encouraged by KAT's defensive effort against AD. I'm a true Wolves "homer" but I honestly believe this team will be better with RoCo and Saric than with General Soreness on the roster. It was great to see KAT smile and having fun again!
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves