Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Re: | NOP @ MIN | GAME 43 

Post#81 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:11 am

southern wolf wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
wolves_89 wrote:That was one of the best all around games I've seen from KAT. His offensive game has always been impressive, but tonight he dominated on the defensive end as well.

Not one of the best, it was the best. Hes been better offensively, but he's never willed the team like this with his defense and timely buckets.

KAT must really want another All Star call up because he has been playing like a man possessed for a while now. Hopefully the coaches recognise that when voting because the fans haven't.

KAT has been dominant since the Butler trade. If coaches can forget about the first 5-6 weeks of the season, he'll be the third center along with Jokic/AD...even if they do take into account the first 6 weeks of the year, you can't name 3 Centers in the west better than KAT.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
K4P
Assistant Coach
And1: 17,103

Post#82 » by K4P » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:17 am

Quality win basically willed by KAT and the bench but I hope they can bring this level of intensity on both sides of the ball when General Soreness comes to town and when we play Phoenix back to back right after

There are a lot of things you can criticize about this team but the important thing is that they have won 4 of their last 5 and are right there in the playoff race with big games against the 9 seeded Utah Jazz and the 8 seeded La Lakers later this month

This is the most important month of the season imo
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#83 » by Calinks » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:34 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:I don't know how long ad stays because that team needs some serious wing help.

I will be pissed if he goes to the Lakers and they get gifted another superstar. So annoying how much of an advantage they get for being the Lakers.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#84 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:39 am

KAT4PREZ wrote:Quality win basically willed by KAT and the bench but I hope they can bring this level of intensity on both sides of the ball when General Soreness comes to town and when we play Phoenix back to back right after

There are a lot of things you can criticize about this team but the important thing is that they have won 4 of their last 5 and are right there in the playoff race with big games against the 9 seeded Utah Jazz and the 8 seeded La Lakers later this month

This is the most important month of the season imo

Yeah, we are always looking for problems with this team (me included), but we are still in the playoff hint even after that jimmy fiasco where we really fell behind.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#85 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:09 am

Kat now leads our team in netrtg, this is one helluva run.

We now only have 2 players with a negative.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,772

Post#86 » by life_saver » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:58 am

We took 39 3's today...is this our highest number of 3 point attempts? I do think that going forward, our 3 point attempts are gonna increase. Ryan did mention this earlier today -

Read on Twitter
McHalesBurner
Junior
And1: 499

Post#87 » by McHalesBurner » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:20 am

Ryan Saunders is building This House.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#88 » by packforfreedom » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:18 am

KORL!
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,772

Post#89 » by life_saver » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:00 am

Does anyone else think KAT is having much quick release when it comes to some of his 3 point attempts? Some of the 3's he made today were pretty quick releases, like a catch and shoot guy, he wasn't taking these kind of 3 point attempts much last season.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,829

Post#90 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:32 am

upriser7 wrote:We took 39 3's today...is this our highest number of 3 point attempts? I do think that going forward, our 3 point attempts are gonna increase. Ryan did mention this earlier today -

Read on Twitter

We've had 4 games with more. Interestingly, we were just 1-3 in those games.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:33 am

upriser7 wrote:Does anyone else think KAT is having much quick release when it comes to some of his 3 point attempts? Some of the 3's he made today were pretty quick releases, like a catch and shoot guy, he wasn't taking these kind of 3 point attempts much last season.

I think the release is the same, but the decision-making to put 'em up is a little quicker
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,704

Post#92 » by minimus » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:13 am

Couple of overreactions:

1) KAT is phenomenal. His defense, passing are getting better
2) Okogie is progressing with every game as starter. His passing is excellent for rookie, just compare him dropping that quick dimes to cutters, bigmen and tunnel vision of Shabazz. That pull up jumper from FT line is money. He really should take more corner threes than other threes. It is like he is one-two offseasons from being reliable shooter from non corner 3s. Mainly it is about footwork, i.e. little hop before getting the ball and shooting
3) Wiggins had solid game, that long two at the end of the game was a mistake, but overall a good game, he fought for the ball, hustled back in transition, deflected the ball
4) Tyus has been excellent playing at his strengths, controlled tempo, attacked open lanes. He seems to enjoy playing for Ryan, and that is really good sign
5) Saric looked good in offence, but he is still learning how to communicate in defence as bigman, that is a long way, since he clearly does not recognise his responsibilities as bigman. But he is smart player, he is a baller, he will be fine.
6) Now that we shoot threes, we really need quality 3pt shooters, will be less critical with RoCo and Rose, but still an issue
7) good to see Ryan reacting to the reality as coach, in calmly encouraging way. Glad that Rose sit out his b2b game.
8) nice to see KBD on the bench, just being with the team helps at this stage
9) Jrue is so underrated, he is an All Star and certainly 1 defense team. It is funny that he is exactly that type of player that PHI needs.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#93 » by Calinks » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:36 pm

If Okogie can consistently hit that three ball he will be in the NBA for a long time. Major piece to his game and essentially puts him on the path to be a 3&D guy. I really think that if Shabazz had a consistent 3 point shot, that with the rest of his game would have kept him in an NBA rotation.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:50 pm

Calinks wrote:If Okogie can consistently hit that three ball he will be in the NBA for a long time. Major piece to his game and essentially puts him on the path to be a 3&D guy. I really think that if Shabazz had a consistent 3 point shot, that with the rest of his game would have kept him in an NBA rotation.

It's interesting looking at his last four games. Negatives would probably point to the fact that he's shooting just 30% (7-23) from 3-point range. What excites me is that he's made 67% (10-15) on 2s. He's not gun-shy at all either, which is refreshing from a rookie. Honestly, I feel like we've got a Smart-level role player at worst in this kid.

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#95 » by Jedzz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:58 pm

Klomp wrote:
upriser7 wrote:Does anyone else think KAT is having much quick release when it comes to some of his 3 point attempts? Some of the 3's he made today were pretty quick releases, like a catch and shoot guy, he wasn't taking these kind of 3 point attempts much last season.

I think the release is the same, but the decision-making to put 'em up is a little quicker

The whole team is a bit streaky in this. As if they respond when someone directs them to stop hesitating just before a game. The quick catch/shoot play ensues. The next game it's gone and the hesitation is back, pulling it down to step forward begins. Keep reminding them.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#96 » by Jedzz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:13 pm

minimus wrote:Couple of overreactions:

1) KAT is phenomenal. His defense, passing are getting better

It's always cool to see something new a player has clearly been working on just arrive on stage and work so well. His passes come at unexpected times and are crisp. If defensive output was on a graph from career start to now, it would show a steep climb starting in December and going straight up off the chart.
YaleS
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#97 » by YaleS » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:30 pm

KAT has been a monster for a while now, if he can stay out of foul trouble i expect more nights like this from him. Im so happy about his improved defense, i didnt see that coming at the start of the season. Also im pleased with the first 2 games from Saunders, good timeouts and rotations.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#98 » by theGreatRC » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:32 pm

Contracts aside, would you guys trade KAT for AD straight up?

I'd personally say no due to KAT's age and durability & i'd go as far to say that they have the same impact on the court 8-)
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#99 » by Note30 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:04 pm

theGreatRC wrote:Contracts aside, would you guys trade KAT for AD straight up?

I'd personally say no due to KAT's age and durability & i'd go as far to say that they have the same impact on the court 8-)

Offensively yes.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#100 » by Jedzz » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:15 pm

Klomp wrote:
Calinks wrote:If Okogie can consistently hit that three ball he will be in the NBA for a long time. Major piece to his game and essentially puts him on the path to be a 3&D guy. I really think that if Shabazz had a consistent 3 point shot, that with the rest of his game would have kept him in an NBA rotation.

It's interesting looking at his last four games. Negatives would probably point to the fact that he's shooting just 30% (7-23) from 3-point range. What excites me is that he's made 67% (10-15) on 2s. He's not gun-shy at all either, which is refreshing from a rookie. Honestly, I feel like we've got a Smart-level role player at worst in this kid.

What was good to see was during the Mavs game where he had been shooting poorly all game but they allowed him to keep trying and he did. In game I posted I wanted him pulled he was shooting so cold. Yet he had that big 3 go in I think mid 4th q when they needed something to go in. All to often when a player has been shooting cold they will shy away from further shots, and if they don't shy away they rarely seem to break the cold spell. Okogie did that game.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves