Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,528

Re: | PHX @ MIN | GAME 46 

Post#141 » by Note30 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:56 pm

walk with me wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
walk with me wrote:I don’t care what kat did in the first half... that line up with Deng Bayless rose saric and tolliver won the game and obviously rose and taj with their clutch plays.... I personally need more from kat and wigs

Towns got his pts early. With 13 FT shots i think mostly all early in game. Will just add it to the list of 30 pt games later and be seen as a great game for him. No one will remember he was completely ineffective later in the game just trying to force the same move in the paint in the second half as the first. The Suns adjusted to stop him and kept the lead most of the game. Either he didn't adjust, or the coach didn't adjust what they were trying to do with him. But I guess the attention he drew may have helped a few others get open shots on other occasional possessions.

empty stats imo. The way loul looked I believe we beat this team comfortably if kat and Wiggins don’t play at all. Less talent but more effort.

For those of you who think we should tank, no disrespect but you’re disgusting. This team has tanked for 13 years. Losers mentality won’t get you anywhere. Zion and Barrett aren’t even worth tanking for anyways. Neither are franchise changers.

Its not a losers mentality. Its a pragmatic viewpoint. People who think fighting blindly for a possible win are the people who lose first. Losing the battle to win the war is much more decisive. We don't have young players here who can push through the tough times.

It worked for the Sixers. It can work for us. We spent too much, for nothing. They screwed it up recently, but outside of that they were set.

Zion's a monster, he's a genetic freak. There's no comparison to him physically in NBA history at his age especially. If you don't think he's going to be good you're nuts. Worse case he's a poor mans Blake Griffin, best case he's LeBron.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#142 » by walk with me » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:28 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
walk with me wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Towns got his pts early. With 13 FT shots i think mostly all early in game. Will just add it to the list of 30 pt games later and be seen as a great game for him. No one will remember he was completely ineffective later in the game just trying to force the same move in the paint in the second half as the first. The Suns adjusted to stop him and kept the lead most of the game. Either he didn't adjust, or the coach didn't adjust what they were trying to do with him. But I guess the attention he drew may have helped a few others get open shots on other occasional possessions.

empty stats imo. The way loul looked I believe we beat this team comfortably if kat and Wiggins don’t play at all. Less talent but more effort.

For those of you who think we should tank, no disrespect but you’re disgusting. This team has tanked for 13 years. Losers mentality won’t get you anywhere. Zion and Barrett aren’t even worth tanking for anyways. Neither are franchise changers.

You have to stop with the insults.

That’s cool but watch the insults coming my way also then....
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#143 » by walk with me » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:33 pm

Note30 wrote:
walk with me wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

Its not a losers mentality. Its a pragmatic viewpoint. People who think fighting blindly for a possible win are the people who lose first. Losing the battle to win the war is much more decisive. We don't have young players here who can push through the tough times.

It worked for the Sixers. It can work for us. We spent too much, for nothing. They screwed it up recently, but outside of that they were set.

Zion's a monster, he's a genetic freak. There's no comparison to him physically in NBA history at his age especially. If you don't think he's going to be good you're nuts. Worse case he's a poor mans Blake Griffin, best case he's LeBron.

The 76ers situation was pure luck and won’t ever be duplicated.

They had 4 years of top 5 picks basically....
Embiid basically missed his first two years roughly
Okafor missed like 80 games in 2 years
Simons missed his entire first year
Fultz missed his entire first year

Their horrific health enabled them to stay in the top of the lotto. We won’t have that same kind of luck and even if we do Zion isn’t franchise changing. He could very well enter the league and be not that impactful.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,818

Post#144 » by KGdaBom » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:34 pm

Note30 wrote:
walk with me wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

It is a losers mentality. What have the 76ers accomplished????? NOTHING!! As for Zion the chances of us getting him if we do our best to lose every game the rest of the season are still minuscule. I get rebuilding. Trading away resources that have value today for resources that have greater value in the future. Not flat out tanking. As for Zion I have only watched some film clips and he looked pretty good. I checked his last game and the 7-14 FTs stood out.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#145 » by Note30 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:59 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:
walk with me wrote:

It is a losers mentality. What have the 76ers accomplished????? NOTHING!! As for Zion the chances of us getting him if we do our best to lose every game the rest of the season are still minuscule. I get rebuilding. Trading away resources that have value today for resources that have greater value in the future. Not flat out tanking. As for Zion I have only watched some film clips and he looked pretty good. I checked his last game and the 7-14 FTs stood out.

They've gotten 50 wins with just two young stars, plenty of resources and assets left, and made it out of the first round and almost made the conference finals. So if they've accomplished nothing, we are in the negative.

I'm not saying lose every game on purpose, I'm saying trade everyone who can win us games. (Teauge, Gibson). Clear our bad contracts (Wiggins+Dieng) and commit to developing 2 way contracts and late picks. Build depth with an actual process not some hack win quick superstar trade.

We're in the **** for atleast 2 years, might as well make it worth it.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

K4P
Assistant Coach
And1: 17,103

Post#146 » by K4P » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:03 pm

Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:

They've gotten 50 wins with just two young stars, plenty of resources and assets left, and made it out of the first round and almost made the conference finals. So if they've accomplished nothing, we are in the negative.

I'm not saying lose every game on purpose, I'm saying trade everyone who can win us games. (Teauge, Gibson). Clear our bad contracts (Wiggins+Dieng) and commit to developing 2 way contracts and late picks. Build depth with an actual process not some hack win quick superstar trade.

OR you can aim to make the playoffs for a few years, draft some complimentary talent in the mid 1st round and hope to set a track record of winning seasons
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#147 » by Note30 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:03 pm

walk with me wrote:
Note30 wrote:
walk with me wrote:

Their horrific health enabled them to stay in the top of the lotto. We won’t have that same kind of luck and even if we do Zion isn’t franchise changing. He could very well enter the league and be not that impactful.

That wasn't really luck with Embiid, it was a gamble that worked. Okafor and Fultz were duds, but they developed Covington and stashed Saric, there was a lot sound with their plan. Yes there was some luck, but if you look at what they started with it was pretty well done. They would still have more potential to build a GS type dynasty if the Coangelos were never hired. Imagine Tatum, plus another pick instead of fultz. And they kept Saric and Covington. They would be in a prime spot. Add in some more developed talent with 2 ways and they'd be a dynasty.

Sikma85
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#148 » by Sikma85 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:07 pm

Note30 wrote:
walk with me wrote:
Note30 wrote:

That wasn't really luck with Embiid, it was a gamble that worked. Okafor and Fultz were duds, but they developed Covington and stashed Saric, there was a lot sound with their plan. Yes there was some luck, but if you look at what they started with it was pretty well done. They would still have more potential to build a GS type dynasty if the Coangelos were never hired. Imagine Tatum, plus another pick instead of fultz. And they kept Saric and Covington. They would be in a prime spot. Add in some more developed talent with 2 ways and they'd be a dynasty.

Embiid and Simmons are HOF players but Covington and Saric are just guys. Saric is terrible on D and Covington is just a guy. No big loss there for Philly, they are 19-9 when Jimmy plays. Covington and Saric are dime a dozen role players.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#149 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:08 am

Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:

You are in favor of rebuilding by trading away every useful player we have for future assets. That is one form of tanking, but I can understand it. I'm not one of these championship or nothing types. I think Ricky Bobbie was wrong and his dad was right. There's 2nd and 3rd and 4th place etc.. Not just first and last. I'm OK with having a winning team like when we made the playoffs 7 years in a row. I enjoyed those years and if Cassell hadn't got injured in the playoffs we would have had one title.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#150 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:10 am

Mods please get rid of this Sikma Troll. I'm pretty sure he was posting a few under SMR or SKR? Is there any way to get rid of a poster based on IP address so they can't just keep making up new names and coming back?
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#151 » by Note30 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:27 am

Sikma85 wrote:
Note30 wrote:
walk with me wrote:

Embiid and Simmons are HOF players but Covington and Saric are just guys. Saric is terrible on D and Covington is just a guy. No big loss there for Philly, they are 19-9 when Jimmy plays. Covington and Saric are dime a dozen role players.

The lineup would look like Simmons, RoCo, Tatum, Chandler, Embiid. With JJ and Saric off the bench and the two semi decent guards they have. It's better than the current lineup.

Butler is great but he doesn't fit their timeline any better than he did ours. That was my single biggest problem with him. Tatum value > Butler value over time.

Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#152 » by Note30 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:31 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:It is a losers mentality. What have the 76ers accomplished????? NOTHING!! As for Zion the chances of us getting him if we do our best to lose every game the rest of the season are still minuscule. I get rebuilding. Trading away resources that have value today for resources that have greater value in the future. Not flat out tanking. As for Zion I have only watched some film clips and he looked pretty good. I checked his last game and the 7-14 FTs stood out.

You are in favor of rebuilding by trading away every useful player we have for future assets. That is one form of tanking, but I can understand it. I'm not one of these championship or nothing types. I think Ricky Bobbie was wrong and his dad was right. There's 2nd and 3rd and 4th place etc.. Not just first and last. I'm OK with having a winning team like when we made the playoffs 7 years in a row. I enjoyed those years and if Cassell hadn't got injured in the playoffs we would have had one title.

Yeah I'm much more of the mentality of second place is just the first loser.

Agree to disagree respectfully sir.

Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#153 » by Note30 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:34 am

KAT4PREZ wrote:
Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:It is a losers mentality. What have the 76ers accomplished????? NOTHING!! As for Zion the chances of us getting him if we do our best to lose every game the rest of the season are still minuscule. I get rebuilding. Trading away resources that have value today for resources that have greater value in the future. Not flat out tanking. As for Zion I have only watched some film clips and he looked pretty good. I checked his last game and the 7-14 FTs stood out.

OR you can aim to make the playoffs for a few years, draft some complimentary talent in the mid 1st round and hope to set a track record of winning seasons

Just because we aim doesn't mean well make it. Id understand attempting it if we had a core I could believe in but KAT and Wiggs aren't exactly the players I see leading us to the chip.

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#154 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:17 am

Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:

Yeah I'm much more of the mentality of second place is just the first loser.

Agree to disagree respectfully sir.

I just disagree with you. I don't agree to do it LOL. Honestly if the only thing that will make you happy is a championship odds are against you being happy anytime in this lifetime.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#155 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:18 am

Note30 wrote:
KAT4PREZ wrote:
Note30 wrote:

Just because we aim doesn't mean well make it. Id understand attempting it if we had a core I could believe in but KAT and Wiggs aren't exactly the players I see leading us to the chip.

I believe a team can improve slowly but surely. I don't think bottoming out and hoping to get lucky in the draft is a good path to success.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves