ImageImageImage

What are you hearing on Teague?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,513

What are you hearing on Teague? 

Post#1 » by panthermark » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:14 pm

I have not seem much on him. Do you think he will opt out?

If not, (and after looking through your trade thread), I have a very simple trade for you to put on the back-burner.

Dunn for Teague.

Both are one year deals....saves you about $14M.

Something to think about...
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Re: What are you hearing on Teague? 

Post#2 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:41 pm

panthermark wrote:I have not seem much on him. Do you think he will opt out?

If not, (and after looking through your trade thread), I have a very simple trade for you to put on the back-burner.

Dunn for Teague.

I doubt he opts out. I don't think he will get more money or a long term deal anywhere.
As far as a trade, not sure why Chi would do it but I would. Dunn could be a starting PG for us, depends on this summer.
We would trade Wiggins for LaVine. :D
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,969

Post#3 » by Domejandro » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:19 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:

Dunn for Teague.

I doubt he opts out. I don't think he will get more money or a long term deal anywhere.
As far as a trade, not sure why Chi would do it but I would. Dunn could be a starting PG for us, depends on this summer.

Absolutely zero chance Kris Dunn would start over Tyus Jones. He is a worse defender, worse ball-handler, worse passer, and worse shooter.

That said, I absolutely would do the suggested trade from a financial standpoint.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#4 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:46 pm

Domejandro wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:

Dunn for Teague.

Absolutely zero chance Kris Dunn would start over Tyus Jones. He is a worse defender, worse ball-handler, worse passer, and worse shooter.

That said, I absolutely would do the suggested trade from a financial standpoint.
Yes, but if Tyus isn't here?

I actually watched Dunn a few times this year, and while not a quality starting PG he could spot fill. Tyus is good, but he does get beat up by bigger PG's quite often. For his whole career he's been talked about in here and other boards as a back up. IMO not a real starting PG.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,986

Post#5 » by wolves_89 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:48 pm

I doubt Teague opts out, but I guess there is a chance if he thinks he can get a multi-year deal for decent money. If he opts in I would be in favor of a Dunn for Teague move. With Teague gone I strongly suspect that Jones and Rose would both be back, leaving Dunn on the fringe of the rotation (though with Rose's health he would still get a fair amount of playing time).
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,513

Post#6 » by panthermark » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:26 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:

Dunn for Teague.

I'm not sure if you've been able to watch Dunn this year. We have a "Dunn is Done" thread on the Bulls board. For Chicago, it is one of those moves to kick the tires on while we see what the draft or free agency brings, but from our standpoint, Dunn is about done as a starter in Chicago.

Best way I can put it. When the Bulls were going through the trade with you, Hoiberg was coach, Lavine was rusty, and Lauri was a rookie....Dunn stood out because we needed somebody...ANYBODY that could score, no matter how inefficient. Fast forward till now. Our new coach has settled in. Lavine is playing like the way you hoped he would eventually play when you took the gamble and drafted him. Lauri is playing like a young Dirk, and most importantly, the Porter trade made everything run soother (high IQ, uber efficient SF in, low IQ, no defense chucker PF's out). When that happened, the talent level around him increased, and Dunn was exposed. He does not shoot threes. He does not get to the FT line. On offense he is a middling ball handler.
We play 4 on 5.

We will see what the draft brings, along with FA's like Collison or Beverly...but this a "trade for Jru or Conley" alternative.
Thanks
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#7 » by walk with me » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:52 pm

Teague willl be traded most likely this summer
CoachD
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,820

Post#8 » by CoachD » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:09 pm

walk with me wrote:Teague willl be traded most likely this summer

What's his projected value at this point? It's got to be painfully low.
I don't see many playoff teams he could start for - MAYBE Denver? MAYBE Indy?
DaMplsKid
Junior
And1: 106

Post#9 » by DaMplsKid » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:08 pm

I didn't think Crawford was going to opt out last off season so never say never. Maybe he doesn't like his teammates/coach/owner? Maybe he "thinks" he will get paid and longer deal in FA. Sometimes players don't always do what we think they will because they believe in themselves and have agents who want to get paid on a new contract.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,723

Post#10 » by minimus » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:50 am

https://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/jeff-teague-medical-update

The Minnesota Timberwolves announced guard Jeff Teague underwent a successful debridement of his left ankle.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,723

Post#11 » by minimus » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:32 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Post#12 » by Klomp » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:00 pm

23-18 record in games he started this past season
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#13 » by Jedzz » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:08 pm

minimus wrote:https://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/jeff-teague-medical-update

The Minnesota Timberwolves announced guard Jeff Teague underwent a successful debridement of his left ankle.

Got the Mayo right there. The logo stands behind them at press moments.
Methodist Sports Medicine in Indianapolis, Indiana

Waits till after the season is over and goes elsewhere to get things fixed. Turning into a regular Wolves thing. Get dinged up,take the season off, wait for the offseason to go out of state and heal up. Oh and he must have left a note before leaving town "I'll be back for my 19MM in September."
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#14 » by Jedzz » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:11 pm

Klomp wrote:23-18 record in games he started this past season

Great! Half a season. Can they pay him half of 19 million next season?

I don't blame him. "he always makes the playoffs" until he doesn't as a Timberwolves player because he's not playing much anymore.

He can start or not start next season and he will help. Last thing I want to see is 5 rookies surrounding Wiggins/Towns.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#15 » by Dewey » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:38 pm

I've always felt it will come down to Teague and Jones as the two PG's ... hard to know from there, but likely a veteran deal for the 3rd spot.

Theory: Teague has always been pro-Tyus and even voiced he'd give him some of his minutes. Butler was also Pro-Tyus. I dont think its out of the question that Teague would potentially hint at signing a cheaper 3-year deal with Wolves after next season as a backup. Obviously, woulda been nice if he woulda voided his deal and signed a cheaper extension now rather than later.

Fact of the matter: As a team, we pretty much all believe we need more toughness and more grit. I think we gotta start up top and designate our PG and move on. I'd like to see Tyus at PG and see if he has the fight and toughness to keep it. As far as the rest of the team, I like seeing players when their backs are against the wall ... battle the opponent, maybe for minutes, and even for a roster spot. It's always interesting to gauge a players sense of urgency without having to be pushed. So here lies my overall concern on this team ... they do need to be motivated. This is the NBA and when you have 2 max players, there should never be a lack of motivation! KAT shows a pulse, but it would be great to see more guys (like Dieng) get fired up and wanna meet you in the hall ... Wiggins should be nose to nose with someone on a regular basis ... Teague gets chippy/defensive but then gets passive ... etc.

Bottomline: We need 2-3 more gamers. We need players who want minutes, starting jobs, and whenever they get the opportunity - they own the moment and those minutes on the floor.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#16 » by Domejandro » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Him opting in this early suggests to me that him and Minnesota will be looking for a new spot to play.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Klomp » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:09 pm

Domejandro wrote:Him opting in this early suggests to me that him and Minnesota will be looking for a new spot to play.

That's a good point. This being locked in means he's available to trade whenever. Could he be dealt for a late 1st?
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#18 » by Domejandro » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:11 pm

Klomp wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Him opting in this early suggests to me that him and Minnesota will be looking for a new spot to play.

That's a good point. This being locked in means he's available to trade whenever. Could he be dealt for a late 1st?

Possibly, only if Minnesota takes on a kind of crappy player in return (notice that Kent Bazemore also opted in, I think he is in the same position as Jeff Teague). When does the cap officially switch over to the new season? After the Draft, right?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Klomp » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:15 pm

Domejandro wrote:When does the cap officially switch over to the new season? After the Draft, right?

When the new league year starts.

Now shrink, for trades done before the new league year, they use the current salary amounts, right?

Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#20 » by Domejandro » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:17 pm

Klomp wrote:
Domejandro wrote:When does the cap officially switch over to the new season? After the Draft, right?

When the new league year starts.

Now shrink, for trades done before the new league year, they use the current salary amounts, right?

Do you know when that new league year starts? I honestly don't know the date, is that the transition that happens like a week before Free-Agency, or is it soon after the Finals?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves