ImageImageImage

| LAC @ MIN | GAME 74

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Grubie024
Junior
And1: 411

Re: | LAC @ MIN | GAME 74 

Post#21 » by Grubie024 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:14 am

Calinks wrote:Its not just that the Clippers are in the playoffs, they are 15 games over .500. That's just bonkers to me. 15 games. We have struggled hard to be a .500 team in the last decade. I wouldn't recognize half the Clippers player if I walked past them on the street. I am greatly impressed.

Whatever "it" is.... they got it.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 693

Post#22 » by karch34 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:51 am

Grubie024 wrote:
Calinks wrote:Its not just that the Clippers are in the playoffs, they are 15 games over .500. That's just bonkers to me. 15 games. We have struggled hard to be a .500 team in the last decade. I wouldn't recognize half the Clippers player if I walked past them on the street. I am greatly impressed.

Great depth and guys that fill their role perfectly.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#23 » by Jedzz » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:01 am

sky4it wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
sky4it wrote:Clippers did a great job this year, they assembled NBA vets who were castoffs, but pretty good pros, added Patrick Beverly who is a winner, and with a great coach there a damn good team.

Wolves would smoke them if trying to win and with healthy roster. But I agree they've done a lot more than anyone thought they would.

Yeah but Jezz look what we got, gibson sitting on a calf injury? , its moneyball, he wont take any risk he is in his contract year, bye Gibson. Teague will probably opt in, nobodies going to give him 19 million over two years, he will make that here in one. What Taylor and Thibs did here was horrendous, and people forget, Thibs was GM too, he made these bogus decisions. Yeah lets pay a guy 25 million to a coach/Gm to wreck the team for the next 4 years, only the Wolves.

I don't know about your Gibson point. I'm of the belief Ryan just chose to sit him like a few others. The old soreness injuries that can be healed up after the season can be taken care of now because they don't want to really win more theory. But I mostly agree with the rest of it. I do think they had a decent plan initially bringing all these specific players in. Even with what having overpaid some of them. Look, they reached the playoffs and they easily would have again this season had the owner and pobo coach not screwed up on one major max deal. Even after the trade of Butler to 6elphia the team gelled quickly into something fierce for a short period. But it was just one injury away from falling apart in an already devastated situation. I agree it looks tough now. I just think they screwed up one major thing that tumbled the dominoes.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#24 » by Jedzz » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:04 am

karch34 wrote:
Grubie024 wrote:

Great depth and guys that fill their role perfectly.

A coach doing some things right. A gelling hard working team. Lucky bounces and enough heart to carry. Wolves still beat this 15 games over .500 team in a heart beat if the Wolves were all healthy.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves