ImageImageImage

| GSW @ MIN | GAME 75

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Re: | GSW @ MIN | GAME 75 

Post#41 » by UnFadeable21 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:20 pm

Wigs carried the team through 3 quarters, Towns and Okogie late. Bench showed up too, it was a total team effort. Everyone should be happy with the fight the team showed last night.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,332

Post#42 » by Calinks » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:27 pm

That was a hell of a game. Modern era Wolves Thunder like in its madness. Cam Reynolds seems like he can develop into a reliable sharp shooter. Wiggins had the best game in ages Obi Wan Okogie reappeared last night too.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#43 » by Killboard » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:39 pm

Some random thoughts:

Wiggins first quarter was great, but it could have been just his shot falling. Im looking for decision making improvement on him.

Saric had a lot of ball handling while KAT was out for fouls. It was mostly good.

Dieng was good. He is more lighter now, auspicious for the next season.

The first half deficit was more about 3>2 and the Warriors shooting lights out than the wolves playing bad.

Tyus was doing smart and aggressive things in the 3rd comeback. He too quick 3's with rebound advantage, turned the corner when they left him, simple passes to open Dieng. Lot of good decisions.

Okogie knows how to create havoc, couple of successful double teams in the comeback.

CAM-KBD-Tolliver to start the 4th was useful. Good shooting, switches and a lot of help in the paint.

KBD on Durant is a good match up. Reynolds was keeping himself in the game in the 4th, which is really encouraging.

Bayless as 3rd PG for the min could be OK

KAT played with poise down the stretch, patience, moving the ball. He dint have a great game but was helpful for the team.

Wiggins problem still mental. He put the game in jeopardy tooking the last shot of the regulation while tied up. He was doubled teamed and tried an off the dribble 3 with 7 seconds on the clock at the end of the regulation. Awful feel for the game. That will hardly change but I dont think we must trade away lottery picks to unload him.

Dario was fired up on the bench and calling up on his teammates. Its needed and I love it.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#44 » by Jedzz » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:40 pm

DaKid wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
DaKid wrote:
You must watch the games just to find things to complain about on here. Just enjoy the win and let it be.

I was one of two people posting about the game and both positive just as much as weeing on Wiggins.

It must really ruin your night because I'm pointing out Wiggins tried to blow the game in crunch time. If you were watching you would know they were up by 9 with about a minute left. The rest of the team was playing well enough to hold that lead. Wiggins was committing offensive fouls, turnovers and throwing up bricks. Should we just try to imagine he doesn't exist so you don't have to remember he does?

The other half of posters here aren't even watching games anymore, or they are angry that the team is losing draft positions with each win. I know, they are posting about it often enough. But your complaint is me pointing out Wiggins being special again.

How about you let me be me and you go be concerned with yourself.

Haha

Maybe some of us can watch the games without posting on here.

Maybe some of us don't want to just see negative posts dragging down one player all the time. You don't like him, that's fine. Don't you get sick of posting about it all the time?

It's something worth while to talk about in my opinion.
I was here posting positive things while the game was still in question.

There is a foe list and you can add me and no longer see my posts. I've added you now as I have no interest in speaking to you outside of basketball topics.

I feel sorry for you that you can't overlook one post that doesn't interest you so it sparks you into attacking me for posting at all. It's not my problem. Please refrain from quoting me unless you want to argue against the point on Wiggins. I get notified when quoted and end up seeing it. I'll ask that you do not unless you want to discuss a topic about basketball. Hopefully the foe list will stop me from being notified of you quoting me.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#45 » by Jedzz » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:15 pm

Calinks wrote:That was a hell of a game. Modern era Wolves Thunder like in its madness. Cam Reynolds seems like he can develop into a reliable sharp shooter. Wiggins had the best game in ages Obi Wan Okogie reappeared last night too.

The best topper on it all was hearing the complains from Steph and DK after the game getting aired all night and this morning. I was surprised they even were concerned about it. Competitors I guess.

KD was angry that a ref made a call on a final play. I always laugh about these because this is the exact moment many of these "great" players know refs try not to call one and the players attempt all manner of terrible fouls because they know things are less like to be called. But you can't just push someone off the court with two hands. It was almost as bad as his literal bear hug foul a few minutes earlier on Towns.

The no-call on I think it was KBD who for whatever reason went out and put two hands forward to touch KD on the earlier 3 pt attempt was interesting. Being that a possession or two before they made the same exact call when Okogie put one up from deep and he was mugged. There was maybe 19 seconds left. Okogie could have ran a lot more clock down but they weren't going to let him as he had two warriors incoming specifically to foul him. That's why he decided to jack it up. They claimed then it happened just before. These were more or less offsetting but I still can't understand why Diop touched him at all. Everyone knew the foul had to come before or as he got the pass or inbounds, not after. Rookies.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,843

Post#46 » by life_saver » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:21 pm

It's been nearly 35 games and I am still not sure about whether Ryan is good or not...with so many injuries, it's just really tough to evaluate his work.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#47 » by Jedzz » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:27 pm

upriser7 wrote:It's been nearly 35 games and I am still not sure about whether Ryan is good or not...with so many injuries, it's just really tough to evaluate his work.

Still hard to figure out how they can beat the Warriors, Rockets twice, OKC three times and then be hapless for three games in between each. It was much the same last season with a different coach. Has to be the players themselves or just how they and the team prepare for games. I guess it's better than losing all the games they "should" and then also games they shouldn't. It's either fun or twisted to hear everyone talk about zero chance to compete for finals every year and yet they compete highly against the good teams often enough. Could an outside consultant maybe just assess their game preparations maybe? Find the thing that turns them on or off.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#48 » by Jedzz » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:56 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:Wigs carried the team through 3 quarters, Towns and Okogie late. Bench showed up too, it was a total team effort. Everyone should be happy with the fight the team showed last night.

Wigs did start well. His shooting anyway. His head was classic Wiggins gone late in regulation however.

28 seconds left, point wiggins carries the ball up ultra slow bleeding the time as we have often seen. He stands there outside the three waiting for his big moment and then charges in the same as he always does. His favorite place to mess up. Green strips him so easily. Wiggins reaches back for it fouling. We've seen it happen so many times now only this time he commits a foul too. Wolves were ahead 115-114 when this occurred. Green ties it on the Free Throw. 115 all.

12 seconds left when Wiggins gets the ball from Bayless at the three pt line. Still 115-all. Wiggins surveys and then doesn't pass as usual then sidesteps and jacks up a contested 3. Bayless had come back out to the 3 beyond the key and had more room. Towns had inside position if wiggins wanted to dump to either of them. Wiggins' contested 3 clanks rim and the rebound is swatted right back out to him. At this point he immediately jacks another 3 up. Bayless was wide open if he had quick shuffled it to his right to him. But he shot it with very little time left like you probably would suggest a decent shooter should. Yet another useless clank job. Overtime they go.
McHalesBurner
Junior
And1: 499

Post#49 » by McHalesBurner » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:29 pm

I would have been very helpful if we had lost this game.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves