Who's next at GM?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Re: Who's next at GM? 

Post#21 » by Worm Guts » Wed Apr 3, 2019 9:16 pm

I'm pretty sure Layden was the main guy with the Knicks.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#22 » by minimus » Wed Apr 3, 2019 9:25 pm

Hinkie should be at least considered for GM job. I like following solution: Ryan at least brings some stability at HC position while Hinkie can do some crazy things as GM.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#23 » by Jedzz » Wed Apr 3, 2019 11:41 pm

How many GMs don't pick the coach? It's been quiet. Is Layden possibly staying?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

Post#24 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 4, 2019 3:33 am

Jedzz wrote:How many GMs don't pick the coach? It's been quiet. Is Layden possibly staying?

Quite a few, I'd guess. Teams fire GMs quite often but keep their current coach in place.

One recent example: Should the Sixers have let Elton Brand fire Brett Brown if he wanted to do so Day 1 on the job?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#25 » by Jedzz » Thu Apr 4, 2019 5:46 pm

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:How many GMs don't pick the coach? It's been quiet. Is Layden possibly staying?

Quite a few, I'd guess. Teams fire GMs quite often but keep their current coach in place.

One recent example: Should the Sixers have let Elton Brand fire Brett Brown if he wanted to do so Day 1 on the job?

Depends on whether he wanted Brett Brown to stay or not I suppose. Should he been allowed to if he wanted to? Probably yes.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,693

Post#26 » by Domejandro » Fri Apr 5, 2019 1:29 am

Minnesota's stalling on firing Layden is exasperating, they need to, at the very least, send a carrier pigeon to David Griffin.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#27 » by King Malta » Fri Apr 5, 2019 1:34 am

Domejandro wrote:Minnesota's stalling on firing Layden is exasperating, they need to, at the very least, send a carrier pigeon to David Griffin.

TBF, they can interview other candidates whilst Scott is there is they so choose (who knows if they are or not).

The delay makes me feel like they're targeting someone who's currently employed and therefore won't be coming across until the post-season anyway.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,693

Post#28 » by Domejandro » Fri Apr 5, 2019 1:35 am

King Malta wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Minnesota's stalling on firing Layden is exasperating, they need to, at the very least, send a carrier pigeon to David Griffin.

TBF, they can interview other candidates whilst Scott is there is they so choose (who knows if they are or not).

The delay makes me feel like they're targeting someone who's currently employed and therefore won't be coming across until the post-season anyway.

That's a fair point, but man.... I really want David Griffin. Then again, the New Orleans gig is pretty attractive.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#29 » by King Malta » Fri Apr 5, 2019 2:04 am

Domejandro wrote:
King Malta wrote:

That's a fair point, but man.... I really want David Griffin. Then again, the New Orleans gig is pretty attractive.

I feel like our GM job is gonna be a pretty hard sell for an experienced GM who has other options, if we're even looking at one from that demographic.

The coach is already going to be in the place, the roster is pretty capped and who knows how free they'll be to move Wiggins if the opportunity arises.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#30 » by Killboard » Fri Apr 5, 2019 11:25 am

King Malta wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
King Malta wrote:

I feel like our GM job is gonna be a pretty hard sell for an experienced GM who has other options, if we're even looking at one from that demographic.

The coach is already going to be in the place, the roster is pretty capped and who knows how free they'll be to move Wiggins if the opportunity arises.

I dont really care if the next GM is allowed to move Wiggins or not as much as I care about the GM telling all his guidelines and requirements before the signing is made. Im not forgiving Glen if he takes input or change the course if the GM stays on the self imposed limits, but he can ask for guidelines preemptively and the GM can take or not take the job.

Maybe you drop some guys because those guidelines are too much for them to work with, but when you got one you can align the franchise behind the same goal.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves