Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: | POR @ MIN | GAME 77 

Post#61 » by Jedzz » Wed Apr 3, 2019 12:40 am

Killboard wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Killboard wrote:Scoring is overvalued IMO. What we need is high volume 3pt shooters and not long two chuckers.

Isn't 3-point shooting part of scoring?

Yes. But Shabazz was a good scorer and didn't fix anything for this team. Some guys can do both, I'm not against it, but I will be against a high usage low efficency scorer, like Rose for example (based on his career numbers).

You seem like kind of a numbers/advanced stat guy so if I could ask, how similar or different do Rose's numbers look compared to say Lillard's?

The high usage thing I think has a few different types. Let's for example use Wiggins who generally has lead the team in shot attempts since being drafted. Does that fit in your thoughts on high usage? Or how about Damian Lillard who can and will hoist his team on his back for an entire 4th quarter and just freakout getting it done when the team needs it? He gets into serious high usage focus I would call it and to me that's the kind of player Rose is. Rose showed when he came here last year, and even often enough this year, that he can play off ball and he can create for others when they ask him to. But he can also hoist a team on his back when asked to. Was off and on this year. Counter Lillard or Rose with our old time friend JJ superman Barea who only plays one type of hero ball game, his own all the time. He at least used to get into high usage focus times and was a black hole and it was sink or swim with him. Level of greatness aside, I see him slightly different than I do Lillard or Rose, but also somewhat the same.

To me I choose the players that can and will hoist the entire team on their back and win a game that way. We absolutely need guys like that on the team. Too often everyone goes cold, we need one of these guys that can heat up purely out of shear will.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Re: | POR @ MIN | GAME 77 

Post#62 » by Nick K » Wed Apr 3, 2019 3:30 am

Killboard wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Killboard wrote:Scoring is overvalued IMO. What we need is high volume 3pt shooters and not long two chuckers.

Isn't 3-point shooting part of scoring?

Yes. But Shabazz was a good scorer and didn't fix anything for this team. Some guys can do both, I'm not against it, but I will be against a high usage low efficency scorer, like Rose for example (based on his career numbers).

Wing scorers should do it all. Bazz was a bad example.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves