ImageImageImage

Krawczynski: Minnesota to sign Gersson Rosas as POBO (Update Page 11)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Guardian
Ballboy
And1: 16

Re: Krawczynski: Minnesota to sign Gersson Rosas as POBO (Update Page 11) 

Post#381 » by Guardian » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:27 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Another season of tanking? no. If it ends up a season of close fought losses and a middle round FRP fine. But another season of losing on purpose and garbage games? nope. Can't do it.

Who said anything about tanking?

Wait for December.

This team won’t be going for the tank in December. They’ll be going for the eighth seed.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#382 » by Jedzz » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:39 am

Guardian wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:Who said anything about tanking?

Wait for December.

This team won’t be going for the tank in December. They’ll be going for the eighth seed.
I'll take your word for it.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#383 » by minimus » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:59 am

Klomp wrote:
minimus wrote:
Tukkerwolf wrote:Germans taking over this board.... :o

:lol: don't know if it helps, but I'm not German, more Russian with korean roots.

Damnit, always the Russians....

that's why I like to have you, Klomp as an opponent, but more as a friend!
Guardian
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#384 » by Guardian » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:42 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Guardian wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Wait for December.

I'll take your word for it.

I mean, if they’re going for the tank it means Wiggins is on the way out. I’m assuming with the analytics driven game plans that he’ll show some improvement which should see us competitive every night.

I hope.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,954

Post#385 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:46 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#386 » by Klomp » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:16 pm

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#387 » by Rookie-Mistake » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:41 am

I need more Rosas videos.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#388 » by Jedzz » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:11 pm

Klomp wrote:

Rosas says "all individuals from all walks of life." Two seconds later guy interviewing asks, "how do we get more Latino Americans involved in..."

It's cool and all that he's first. Got the celebration of it done, great. Ok, now let's move on and stop dividing them more with every breath. We don't need anything more than a person's name to differentiate them from another. We don't need to hold a parade for the first immigr...latino...whatever the case may be. Like Rosas said, the country is built on immigrants. I have relatives outside this country, I come from there if you follow it back. The more it becomes commonplace and the less these people doing the interviews have to focus on the divisions of people the better.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#389 » by Klomp » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:34 pm

Jedzz wrote:Rosas says "all individuals from all walks of life." Two seconds later guy interviewing asks, "how do we get more Latino Americans involved in..."

It's cool and all that he's first. Got the celebration of it done, great. Ok, now let's move on and stop dividing them more with every breath. We don't need anything more than a person's name to differentiate them from another. We don't need to hold a parade for the first immigr...latino...whatever the case may be. Like Rosas said, the country is built on immigrants. I have relatives outside this country, I come from there if you follow it back. The more it becomes commonplace and the less these people doing the interviews have to focus on the divisions of people the better.

Yikes.....

Jedzz
RealGM

Post#390 » by Jedzz » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:25 am

Klomp wrote:Yikes.....

I guess you don't get it. When the Wolves hired Rosas I never gave one single thought to where he was born or what nationality ethnicity he was. It doesn't matter to me. Players are from all over, owners starting to be. Great now a GM of a team is. Need mentioning? Maybe once. Maybe not at all. But to keep asking about the specific ethnicity group?

I think it is clear, this interviewer sees Rosas as only a "Latin-American". Rosas sees himself like any other immigrant, like those that built the country. Like Prigioni, an Argentinian or argentino for this interviewer. Or maybe they are just great basketball minds and who gives a rats ass about anything else?
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#391 » by minimus » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:09 am

Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:Yikes.....

I guess you don't get it. When the Wolves hired Rosas I never gave one single thought to where he was born or what nationality ethnicity he was. It doesn't matter to me. Players are from all over, owners starting to be. Great now a GM of a team is. Need mentioning? Maybe once. Maybe not at all. But to keep asking about the specific ethnicity group?

I think it is clear, this interviewer sees Rosas as only a "Latin-American". Rosas sees himself like any other immigrant, like those that built the country. Like Prigioni, an Argentinian or argentino for this interviewer. Or maybe they are just great basketball minds and who gives a rats ass about anything else?

Yikes...
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#392 » by Klomp » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:14 am

Jedzz wrote:I guess you don't get it. When the Wolves hired Rosas I never gave one single thought to where he was born or what nationality ethnicity he was. It doesn't matter to me. Players are from all over, owners starting to be. Great now a GM of a team is. Need mentioning? Maybe once. Maybe not at all. But to keep asking about the specific ethnicity group?

Double yikes...

I'll be honest, I once had similar thoughts. I never did pay much attention to it, because it didn't matter to ME. You don't want them to talk about it because it doesn't matter to YOU. However, by telling minorities like Rosas to stop talking about their heritage, you're telling them that their own heritage shouldn't matter to THEM. That they shouldn't be proud of their heritage because you don't want to hear about it. I don't think that's very fair.

Minorities are just that...a MINORITY. They are under-represented. It's easy to say you aren't looking at skin color or ethnicity, but track records can say otherwise. A company's hiring practices or someone saying not to bring up ethnicity because it doesn't matter to them just fuels the under-representation.

As for the media continuing to ask him about it? I'm fairly certain this is the first time ESPN has interviewed him since his hire, I know for sure it's the first time on Outside the Lines. I don't get why the national media shouldn't be allowed to ask about his making history as the first Latino to run a NBA front office because a local newspaper asked him about it two months ago. Especially with the current perceptions and narratives about immigration.

Jedzz
RealGM

Post#393 » by Jedzz » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:41 am

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:I guess you don't get it. When the Wolves hired Rosas I never gave one single thought to where he was born or what nationality ethnicity he was. It doesn't matter to me. Players are from all over, owners starting to be. Great now a GM of a team is. Need mentioning? Maybe once. Maybe not at all. But to keep asking about the specific ethnicity group?

Double yikes...

I'll be honest, I once had similar thoughts. I never did pay much attention to it, because it didn't matter to ME. You don't want them to talk about it because it doesn't matter to YOU. However, by telling minorities like Rosas to stop talking about their heritage, you're telling them that their own heritage shouldn't matter to THEM. That they shouldn't be proud of their heritage because you don't want to hear about it. I don't think that's very fair.

Look, you guys can both go fly a kite. It's my opinion this dude in the media asking the questions and driving the narrative of this interview can't get over our new Wolves GM being a Latino, or Latin-American. As Rosas put it, an immigrant.

I'm not telling Rosas to stop talking about it. When it's his choice to bring it up, great. However that too would in fact have limits. Even for you. But that's besides the point. Rosas is of course going to answer proudly when asked. One personal piece on his background...fine. Each week? Every question? Come on already, give it a rest if you ask me. But again, besides the point. The point is this specific interview example that you guys aren't picking up on.

I'm commenting that the interviewer should stop circling back to it and forcing the whole thing to be about Latinos. The interviewer seems to like the personal interest piece in all this and only sees Rosas as Latino-American. I listened to that and felt Rosas was kind of trying to include others, but the guy wasn't having it. Immediately after Rosas says this, the interviewer again jumps right back to asking him how more Latino-Americans can get involved. Is that the only type of people for which Rosas might have an opinions or insights into helping more gain more access? The guy isn't listening to Rosas. Maybe you guys didn't pick up on that the way I did. Maybe it only strikes me odd how much this interviewer can't get over the latino part.

I'll repeat Rosas' words. "I want other Individuals, from all walks of life to get more opportunities like I did"
Interviewer responds by asking: "Well lets talk about just that, how do can Latinos get more opportunities..."

ugh

Just like you guys missed that in the interview, you are missing that I'm pointing this out.

The Timberwolves have a partial Chinese shareholder too. Just call us the melting pot team, of the melting pot country. News at 11.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#394 » by Klomp » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:44 pm

Jedzz wrote:I'm not telling Rosas to stop talking about it. When it's his choice to bring it up, great. However that too would in fact have limits. Even for you. But that's besides the point. Rosas is of course going to answer proudly when asked. One personal piece on his background...fine. Each week? Every question? Come on already, give it a rest if you ask me. But again, besides the point. The point is this specific interview example that you guys aren't picking up on.

I'm commenting that the interviewer should stop circling back to it and forcing the whole thing to be about Latinos. The interviewer seems to like the personal interest piece in all this and only sees Rosas as Latino-American. I listened to that and felt Rosas was kind of trying to include others, but the guy wasn't having it. Immediately after Rosas says this, the interviewer again jumps right back to asking him how more Latino-Americans can get involved. Is that the only type of people for which Rosas might have an opinions or insights into helping more gain more access? The guy isn't listening to Rosas. Maybe you guys didn't pick up on that the way I did. Maybe it only strikes me odd how much this interviewer can't get over the latino part.

Each week, every question? That's not even close to being the case. I think there's only been 2-3 pieces about it since the initial wave after he was hired in early May.

And are you familiar with the show Outside the Lines? Apparently not. These types of stories are what they do.

DaKid
Senior
And1: 186

Post#395 » by DaKid » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:06 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Double yikes...

Look, you guys can both go fly a kite. It's my opinion this dude in the media asking the questions and driving the narrative of this interview can't get over our new Wolves GM being a Latino, or Latin-American. As Rosas put it, an immigrant.

I'm not telling Rosas to stop talking about it. When it's his choice to bring it up, great. However that too would in fact have limits. Even for you. But that's besides the point. Rosas is of course going to answer proudly when asked. One personal piece on his background...fine. Each week? Every question? Come on already, give it a rest if you ask me. But again, besides the point. The point is this specific interview example that you guys aren't picking up on.

I'll repeat Rosas' words. "I want other Individuals, from all walks of life to get more opportunities like I did"
Interviewer responds by asking: "Well lets talk about just that, how do can Latinos get more opportunities..."

ugh

Just like you guys missed that in the interview, you are missing that I'm pointing this out.

The Timberwolves have a partial Chinese shareholder too. Just call us the melting pot team, of the melting pot country. News at 11.

I noticed that the interviewer made a bigger deal out of his specific origin as well but you are making it out to be this huge thing and it's just not. I get that it's off-season but every story and every video or lack there of is not as big of a deal as you are making them.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#396 » by Jedzz » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:20 pm

DaKid wrote:
I noticed that the interviewer made a bigger deal out of his specific origin as well but you are making it out to be this huge thing and it's just not. I get that it's off-season but every story and every video or lack there of is not as big of a deal as you are making them.

Well I only meant to make one post about it. The only big deal is here after posting it I have two people refusing to read the point and suggesting I'm saying something completely different. So I was trying to help them get to my point. It's obvious now they don't want to.

You noticed it, I appreciate that you are willing to say so. I'll stop trying to wag these dogs and therefore stop pumping this.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#397 » by Klomp » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:04 pm

Read on Twitter

Jedzz
RealGM

Post#398 » by Jedzz » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:02 am

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ill end up quitting the Timberwolves over things like this if this is going to be a season long storyline that just won't let up. Great, it's wonderful. But if this ends up in place of information on how the team is or isn't winning more at basketball I'll have had enough weeks ago.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves