ImageImageImage

No! I was joking but it really happened Dave Joerger, fired!

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Re: No! I was joking but it really happened Dave Joerger, fired! 

Post#41 » by MN7725 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:07 pm

Worm Guts wrote:Nothing against Joerger, but I'm not overly impressed by his track record. Yes, he won a 50 games a couple times with the Grizzlies but Lionel Hollins won 56 with Grizzlies the year before Joerger was hired. He basically fit in with the trajectory of the coaches before and after him.

The most appealing thing about Joerger is how different those Grit n Grind Grizz and this year's Kings team were, would be nice to have a coach with that ability to adapt

Most people were surprised when Pacers fired Vogel that they went with McMillian since their stated goal was to play faster and that had not been McMillian's MO previously

Just want to avoid the square peg -> round hole thinking where the coach has to have "scoring PG" or "rim protecting big" or they can't coach the team
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,200

Post#42 » by Neeva » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:46 pm

The kings are insane
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,364

Post#43 » by Calinks » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:19 am

Neeva wrote:The kings are insane

How dare you!? Luke Walton is the golden child! Greatest coach in the NBA. Remeber all the praise he got for having the crazy record with the Warriros?

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/43389/laid-back-luke-walton-looks-to-duplicate-warriors-culture-with-lakers

Wherever he went he was going to bring that Warriors swagger. Kings will be in the WCF next season now. He's a genius who had the winningst record in NBA history before he took the Lkaers job.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves