Post#61 » by Merc_Porto » Wed Jun 5, 2019 12:51 am

Toliver is back for 19-20 season?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Re: Offseason Team News/Updates 

Post#62 » by Worm Guts » Wed Jun 5, 2019 12:57 am

mercgold3 wrote:Toliver is back for 19-20 season?

He’s a free agent.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#63 » by PharmD » Wed Jun 5, 2019 12:51 pm

Read on Twitter

Last offseason nobody set foot in town until Teague at the end of September. Hopefully this means we'll see a much more cohesive team. No more ThibsTax.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#64 » by shangrila » Wed Jun 5, 2019 2:21 pm

Nick K wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
Klomp wrote:But while Gupta’s connection to Morey may have helped him get his foot in the door, he was also fortunate enough to work in an environment that was built on meritocracy. Emboldened by the open environment Morey and Hinkie created, Gupta, who became an expert on the ins and outs of the NBA’s Collective Bargaining Agreement while developing the trade machine at ESPN, began branching out, pitching trade ideas to Morey and Hinkie despite not having the job title most would deem necessary to be taken seriously.

One such instance was the buildup to the summer of 2010, the year of LeBron, when every team in the league was clearing cap space, convincing themselves that they had a real chance to sign James and turn their franchise around. The Rockets took the the road less traveled, using their cap space to capitalize on the rest of the league’s unrealistic optimism in order to gain additional youth and draft picks, such as Jordan Hill, a future 1st round draft pick, and the right to swap first round picks with the Knicks, pieces which would prove valuable as the team tried to rebound from the devastating injuries to Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady.

That trade, according to those involved with the Houston front office at the time, was the brainchild of Gupta. Over the years this would prove to be Gupta’s forte, even more so than the comfort level with statistics that got him in the door.

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2017/01/31/sachin-gupta-trades-sam-hinkie/

As a perpetual whiner and debbie-downer, I really hope people can join me in recognizing how formidable a front-office line-up of Gersson Rosas, Sachin Gupta, and Gianluca Pascucci is.... like top-tier levels of excellent. Gianluca is one of the best scouts in the league (played a HUGE role in Brooklyn drafting Rodions Kurucs), Gersson has experience at (effectively) every level and is very systems oriented, and Sachin Gupta is a genius at leveraging cap-space in positive ways. I am very excited about this squad.

I love your intro. :)

BTW, Gupta was announced that he would be joining us 2 weeks ago yet we've heard nothing more. Any ideas? The longer it goes it can't be good. Gupta is a very important piece to the puzzle.

I wonder if there are contract problems and Detroit doesn't want to let him go for a lateral move? Does Detroit want compensation to let him go?

I wouldn't worry about it. There was a sizable gap between Gianlucca's actual hiring and the tweets reporting on it too.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#65 » by minimus » Wed Jun 5, 2019 3:41 pm

PharmD wrote:Last offseason nobody set foot in town until Teague at the end of September. Hopefully this means we'll see a much more cohesive team. No more ThibsTax.

"Who wants to DIE today?!"
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,953

Post#66 » by Klomp » Thu Jun 6, 2019 3:24 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#67 » by minimus » Sun Jun 9, 2019 1:24 am

Interesting who will be back next season from this group: Mitch Creek, AT, Terrell, Deng, Rose. I would offer all of them non guaranteed min deals.
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#68 » by wildvikeswolves » Sun Jun 9, 2019 4:30 am

minimus wrote:Interesting who will be back next season from this group: Mitch Creek, AT, Terrell, Deng, Rose. I would offer all of them non guaranteed min deals.

Rose is the only one I don’t think will be back from that group. Maybe AT and Terrell leave, but I hope we keep AT forsure. Amazing team guy!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by Klomp » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:28 pm

minimus wrote:Interesting who will be back next season from this group: Mitch Creek, AT, Terrell, Deng, Rose. I would offer all of them non guaranteed min deals.

I think Creek and maybe AT. On the others, I feel like we'll move on or they'll have more interest elsewhere.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Post#70 » by Nick K » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:19 pm

Klomp wrote:

I think Creek and maybe AT. On the others, I feel like we'll move on or they'll have more interest elsewhere.

Of all those guys I'd love to have back Deng as he played so well when he had the chance, at a reduced deal of course.

I'm iffy on Tolliver and Creek. I'd love to have Rose back as a scorer off the bench but i think he'll demand too much and he is far too injury prone.

I'm high on KBD and Cam Reynolds. I'd like to see us give them every chance to succeed.

Now if we only had a PG who could create his own shot, shoot the 3 at a decent %, and finish at the basket, we'd be in business.
shangrila
RealGM

Post#71 » by shangrila » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:57 am

Klomp wrote:

I'd put Deng above either of those 2.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#72 » by Klomp » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:14 am

shangrila wrote:
Klomp wrote:

I wasn't saying who I'd want, but what I think will happen

shangrila
RealGM

Post#73 » by shangrila » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:34 am

Klomp wrote:
shangrila wrote:
Klomp wrote:I think Creek and maybe AT. On the others, I feel like we'll move on or they'll have more interest elsewhere.

Uh, yeah, so was I. Deng has a better chance of coming back over either Tolliver or Creek.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#74 » by King Malta » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:37 am

shangrila wrote:
Klomp wrote:
shangrila wrote:I'd put Deng above either of those 2.

Uh, yeah, so was I. Deng has a better chance of coming back over either Tolliver or Creek.

No, Creek's coming back for sure.

Why are you so sure, I hear you ask. Well because if he's signed by an NBA team then he won't be playing for my Australian team, and it would be typical Wolves for them to do that to me.
shangrila
RealGM

Post#75 » by shangrila » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:52 am

King Malta wrote:
shangrila wrote:
Klomp wrote:I wasn't saying who I'd want, but what I think will happen

Why are you so sure, I hear you ask. Well because if he's signed by an NBA team then he won't be playing for my Australian team, and it would be typical Wolves for them to do that to me.

As a fellow Australian I'm not sure why you'd care. I sure as hell don't.
King Malta
Starter

Post#76 » by King Malta » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:37 pm

shangrila wrote:
King Malta wrote:
shangrila wrote:Uh, yeah, so was I. Deng has a better chance of coming back over either Tolliver or Creek.

Im assuming this is a jab at the NBL. I follow my local sporting leagues as well as the overseas ones. I quite enjoy attending live sport regardless of reduced quality.
shangrila
RealGM

Post#77 » by shangrila » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:20 pm

King Malta wrote:
shangrila wrote:
King Malta wrote:

Im assuming this is a jab at the NBL. I follow my local sporting leagues as well as the overseas ones. I quite enjoy attending live sport regardless of reduced quality.

Not really. I don't watch the NBL but don't feel any animosity towards it either. I thought you were talking about the international Oz team, which in hindsight you clearly weren't because what would an NBA contract have to do with him playing there?

So my bad.
King Malta
Starter

Post#78 » by King Malta » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:11 pm

shangrila wrote:
King Malta wrote:
shangrila wrote:As a fellow Australian I'm not sure why you'd care. I sure as hell don't.

Not really. I don't watch the NBL but don't feel any animosity towards it either. I thought you were talking about the international Oz team, which in hindsight you clearly weren't because what would an NBA contract have to do with him playing there?

So my bad.

Haha no worries!

In all seriousness though I have a feeling we might offer him a minimum deal. He's spending a lot of time with the rest of the team during the off-season, perhaps we're going to give him a run in the Summer League and see how he performs.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#79 » by Klomp » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Read on Twitter

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by Klomp » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:38 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves