ImageImageImage

Are Wolves selling Hope, Winning, or Neither?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,723

Re: Are Wolves selling Hope, Winning, or Neither? 

Post#41 » by minimus » Fri May 31, 2019 2:49 pm

Killboard wrote:
Foye wrote:There's no hope for this team. We have KAT and that's it.
We aint winning either. Build to be a .500 team.

I am ready for the next rebuilding period. Just takes a couple more years for the rest of this fanbase to realize it.

Things change quickly in the NBA, ask to Bucks, Denver or Brooklyn fans this season.

I think KAT and Roco are two pieces that bring the team above 35 wins with average NBA talent around them. After that Tyus, Saric and Okogie are above average NBA talent on modest deals. Reynolds, KBD and Deng (if returns) are good players on minimum contracts. Wiggins, Teague and Dieng eating 60M per season is damaging, but two of them will expire over the next 2 seasons. If we can replace those spots via draft/MLE this can turn around quicky.

Yeah, I really think there is a hope. For instance, I have been studying NBA draft combine measurements for last three years looking for comboforwards with 7'2+ wingspan, guys like Nigel Hayes. But after spending an hour I have realized that the best prospect is... KBD. 6'7" with 7'3" wingspan with shooting potential and he showed some improvement in defense.

Another example, Okogie was the bottom NBA in terms of shooting, but he was still a positive contributor as rookie. He was slowly improving. Last 30 games he shot 43% FG, 32% from 3pt.

I have faith in Reynolds as 3&D material and Tyus solid backup PG (if he stays), and I believe in Rosas and Co as creative, smart and modern FO. It is whole new world for MIN organization. And that is my hope.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves