Read on Twitter
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,569

Re: Coaching Staff 

Post#102 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 7, 2019 5:54 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,039

Post#103 » by shangrila » Fri Jun 7, 2019 6:07 pm

minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wasn't that long ago Pablo was a 30yr old rookie with the Knicks (or was it the Rockets?). Interesting he got into coaching so fast.
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#104 » by wildvikeswolves » Fri Jun 7, 2019 6:10 pm

Love it! Some young and new blood coming to the organization with Vanderpool and Prigioni. Rosas is killing it so far.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#105 » by Nick K » Fri Jun 7, 2019 6:47 pm

When I saw the name Pablo Prigioni I was thinking I know that name but from where? Sure enough he was the Argentinian PG in the 2008 Olympics on that Bronze medal team. He was a tough tenacious player.

He had a limited stint in the NBA too with the Knicks, Rockets and Clippers.

Jon Krawczynski
‏Verified account @jonkrawczynski
17m17 minutes ago

Gersson Rosas, Sachin Gupta, Gianluca Pascucci, David Vanterpool, Pablo Prigioni.

It’s a global game and the Wolves are assembling a global staff.
-----------------------

What a breath of fresh air! I'm loving how this is coming together.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#106 » by Klomp » Fri Jun 7, 2019 7:33 pm

Klomp wrote:The Wolves also are looking at Pablo Laso, the coach of Real Madrid in Spain, for a possible spot on the bench, sources said. Laso has won two EuroLeague championships in eight seasons coaching Real Madrid.

https://theathletic.com/1014710/2019/06/06/sources-wolves-hire-david-vanterpool-in-a-critical-first-move-for-coaching-staff/

Correction: A previous version of this story incorrectly reported that the Wolves were interested in Real Madrid head coach Pablo Laso for a spot on their bench. The candidate the Wolves had targeted was Pablo Prigioni.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#107 » by minimus » Fri Jun 7, 2019 7:59 pm

Klomp wrote:
Klomp wrote:The Wolves also are looking at Pablo Laso, the coach of Real Madrid in Spain, for a possible spot on the bench, sources said. Laso has won two EuroLeague championships in eight seasons coaching Real Madrid.

https://theathletic.com/1014710/2019/06/06/sources-wolves-hire-david-vanterpool-in-a-critical-first-move-for-coaching-staff/

Correction: A previous version of this story incorrectly reported that the Wolves were interested in Real Madrid head coach Pablo Laso for a spot on their bench. The candidate the Wolves had targeted was Pablo Prigioni.

(facepalm)
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#108 » by Rookie-Mistake » Sat Jun 8, 2019 12:45 am

I hope Rosas' doesn't just go out and hire every ex Rockets staff.. we know how well the TimberBulls thing ended... I trust Rosas', but in saying that I believed in Kahn as well...
minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#109 » by Klomp » Sat Jun 8, 2019 1:00 am

Rookie-Mistake wrote:I hope Rosas' doesn't just go out and hire every ex Rockets staff.. we know how well the TimberBulls thing ended... I trust Rosas', but in saying that I believed in Kahn as well...

Neither Saunders or Vanterpool have Houston connections

TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Post#110 » by TheDominator273 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 1:08 am

Klomp wrote:
Rookie-Mistake wrote:I hope Rosas' doesn't just go out and hire every ex Rockets staff.. we know how well the TimberBulls thing ended... I trust Rosas', but in saying that I believed in Kahn as well...

He's also not just taking people from Houston's current front office, but rather people he's worked with in the past that he knows, trusts and believes are a good fit for the vision he has for the organization.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#111 » by King Malta » Sat Jun 8, 2019 1:52 am

This is such an exciting change from the last few seasons.

Keen to see what Rosas, Saunders and co can build here with some fresh, modern thinking eyes.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#112 » by Rookie-Mistake » Sat Jun 8, 2019 5:47 am

TheDominator273 wrote:
Klomp wrote:

He's also not just taking people from Houston's current front office, but rather people he's worked with in the past that he knows, trusts and believes are a good fit for the vision he has for the organization.

This is what I meant.
deepestblue
Freshman
And1: 73

Post#113 » by deepestblue » Sat Jun 8, 2019 8:34 am

Rookie-Mistake wrote:I trust Rosas, but in saying that I believed in Kahn as well...

Fully agreed my friend.

I was a full on Kahn kool aid drinker. That should tell anyone reading the following to take it with a grain of salt.

Been a fan since '89 and I'm never again going to blindly rubber stamp everything this hamstringed franchise does. Anyone who still does after all this time, God love 'em. Reminds me of politics where one's selected favorite can do no wrong, no matter the evidence.

There are major red flags on multiple fronts already, not the least of which in the opening press conference when the owner (who i am grateful for for his keeping the franchise in MN) stated he will field recommendations from the new POBO.

Anyone who fully believes Saunders really wanted to obtain Lowe/Wittman, once again, God love 'em. That said I could be wrong.

I understand the glass half full mentality and subscribe to it, but when it comes to the Wolves franchise, a large dose of reality needs to be entertained as alluded to in your wise post.
minimus
RealGM

Post#114 » by minimus » Sat Jun 8, 2019 9:04 am

Trust the process.
deepestblue
Freshman
And1: 73

Post#115 » by deepestblue » Sat Jun 8, 2019 9:21 am

As a fan since '89 I'm finally too jaded to trust anything other than wins over losses.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#116 » by Nick K » Sat Jun 8, 2019 1:07 pm

deepestblue wrote:As a fan since '89 I'm finally too jaded to trust anything other than wins over losses.

I've been a mega fan since '89 too and I see something different and special going on this time.

I wasn't a Thibs fan but got talked into it. This time it's different. I'm loving the collaborative process.
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#117 » by wildvikeswolves » Sat Jun 8, 2019 1:18 pm

deepestblue wrote:
Rookie-Mistake wrote:I trust Rosas, but in saying that I believed in Kahn as well...

Fully agreed my friend.

I was a full on Kahn kool aid drinker. That should tell anyone reading the following to take it with a grain of salt.

Been a fan since '89 and I'm never again going to blindly rubber stamp everything this hamstringed franchise does. Anyone who still does after all this time, God love 'em. Reminds me of politics where one's selected favorite can do no wrong, no matter the evidence.

There are major red flags on multiple fronts already, not the least of which in the opening press conference when the owner (who i am grateful for for his keeping the franchise in MN) stated he will field recommendations from the new POBO.

Anyone who fully believes Saunders really wanted to obtain Lowe/Wittman, once again, God love 'em. That said I could be wrong.

I understand the glass half full mentality and subscribe to it, but when it comes to the Wolves franchise, a large dose of reality needs to be entertained as alluded to in your wise post.

Klomp quoted Johnny K’s recent Athletic article a couple pages back denying that they attempted to bring Lowe in. I’d bet the same goes for Wittman.
Frankie23
Sixth Man
And1: 312

Post#118 » by Frankie23 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:45 pm

Pablo Prigioni spent last season being a players development coach for the Nets. D’angelo Russell had a nice farewell post for him, so he must’ve been liked there. I don’t know about his impact, but the Nets played really good basketball last year. He’s going to take care of the offense.
There’s no point in grabbing top talent if you don’t have the correct coaching to develop them, right?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando RealGM Forums
minimus
RealGM

Post#119 » by minimus » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:01 pm

There was a rumor about another development coach from SAS system. Hope we can sign him as well
InfraRen
Sophomore
And1: 97

Post#120 » by InfraRen » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:54 pm

minimus wrote:There was a rumor about another development coach from SAS system. Hope we can sign him as well

Forcier?
If your heart's filled with faith then you can't fear.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves