Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Re: Trade Talk (Part Two) 

Post#1641 » by andyhop » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:55 am

KGdaBom wrote:
andyhop wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:OMG Beal is a top ten player in the NBA and Still young and we get to Dump Wiggins by just throwing in Culver????
Wesley you are way overthinking this.

Beal is nowhere near being a top 10 player in the NBA

The numbers would disagree with you. I also take into account durability. Guys like Leonard and Embiid don't make the top ten for me.
Off the top of my head the 10 best.
Freak
Harden
Curry
Paul George
Davis (I think you can count on him for 70 games moving forward)
KAT
Joker
Beal
Lillard
I'll leave 10 open for a player to be named later.

What numbers ?

He wasn't top 20 in WS,RPM wins or VORP which are all cumulative
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Post#1642 » by KGdaBom » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:04 am

andyhop wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
andyhop wrote:

The numbers would disagree with you. I also take into account durability. Guys like Leonard and Embiid don't make the top ten for me.
Freak
Harden
Curry
Paul George
KAT
Joker
Beal
Lillard

What numbers ?

Andy you sure like to argue. Beal's numbers are ridonkulous. Of course you will come back with a lame argument about WS, RPM, and VORP, but here they are. 25.6 PPG on 47.5 shooting for a guy making 2.5 3s a game. 55% on 2 point 81% on FTs, 5boards, 5.5 assists, 1.5 steals *** .7 blocks and only 2.7 TOs. Those are insane across the board numbers both in volume and efficiency. Also he put up those efficient numbers playing on a $hit team. Show me 30 players who put up better numbers to back up your contention that he's "nowhere near a top 10 player" because if he's top 20 that is near being a top ten player. I'm prepared to wait until hell freezes over for you to give me a decent answer. And he played 82 games.
andyhop
Analyst

Post#1643 » by andyhop » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:07 am

KGdaBom wrote:
andyhop wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:The numbers would disagree with you. I also take into account durability. Guys like Leonard and Embiid don't make the top ten for me.
Freak
Harden
Curry
Paul George
KAT
Joker
Beal
Lillard

What numbers ?

Andy you sure like to argue. Beal's numbers are ridonkulous. Of course you will come back with a lame argument about WS, RPM, and VORP, but here they are. 25.6 PPG on 47.5 shooting for a guy making 2.5 3s a game. 55% on 2 point 81% on FTs, 5boards, 5.5 assists, 1.5 steals *** .7 blocks and only 2.7 TOs. Those are insane across the board numbers both in volume and efficiency. Also he put up those efficient numbers playing on a $hit team. Show me 30 players who put up better numbers to back up your contention that he's "nowhere near a top 10 player" because if he's top 20 that is near being a top ten player. I'm prepared to wait until hell freezes over for you to give me a decent answer.

Go find me some numbers that show he has anything like top 10 impact and is therefore a top 10 player.
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1644 » by KGdaBom » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:10 am

andyhop wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
andyhop wrote:

What numbers ?

Andy you sure like to argue. Beal's numbers are ridonkulous. Of course you will come back with a lame argument about WS, RPM, and VORP, but here they are. 25.6 PPG on 47.5 shooting for a guy making 2.5 3s a game. 55% on 2 point 81% on FTs, 5boards, 5.5 assists, 1.5 steals *** .7 blocks and only 2.7 TOs. Those are insane across the board numbers both in volume and efficiency. Also he put up those efficient numbers playing on a $hit team. Show me 30 players who put up better numbers to back up your contention that he's "nowhere near a top 10 player" because if he's top 20 that is near being a top ten player. I'm prepared to wait until hell freezes over for you to give me a decent answer.

Go find me some numbers that show he has anything like top 10 impact and is therefore a top 10 player.

I just did show you the numbers and you are too blind to see. I claim victory. You have no argument against Beal's #s. But you said he is "nowhere near being a top 10 player." There are not 10 players who can beat those numbers and he played 82 games. Flat out top 10 in the NBA STUD.
andyhop
Analyst

Post#1645 » by andyhop » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:16 am

KGdaBom wrote:
andyhop wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Andy you sure like to argue. Beal's numbers are ridonkulous. Of course you will come back with a lame argument about WS, RPM, and VORP, but here they are. 25.6 PPG on 47.5 shooting for a guy making 2.5 3s a game. 55% on 2 point 81% on FTs, 5boards, 5.5 assists, 1.5 steals *** .7 blocks and only 2.7 TOs. Those are insane across the board numbers both in volume and efficiency. Also he put up those efficient numbers playing on a $hit team. Show me 30 players who put up better numbers to back up your contention that he's "nowhere near a top 10 player" because if he's top 20 that is near being a top ten player. I'm prepared to wait until hell freezes over for you to give me a decent answer.

I just did show you the numbers and you are too blind to see. I claim victory. You have no argument against Beal's #s. But you said he is "nowhere near being a top 10 player." There are not 10 players who can beat those numbers and he played 82 games. Flat out top 10 in the NBA STUD.

LOL

I just showed you that he doesn't have the numbers to be top 10 , you are ignoring them because you don't seem to understand that impact is more important than box score numbers.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1646 » by KGdaBom » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:24 am

andyhop wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
andyhop wrote:

LOL

I just showed you that he doesn't have the numbers to be top 10 , you are ignoring them because you don't seem to understand that impact is more important than box score numbers.

The box score numbers are a players numbers. His numbers are totally deserving and you have no argument against them. They are not just volume, but also very efficient. They just aren't the numbers you want to use. VORP, RPM, WS laughing my a$$ off about those lame stats. I'm talking real stats. Pts rebounds assist steals blocks shooting percents. You stick with your lame stats I will stick with mine. I also bet the stats you are using are better for players on the better teams. How does Nikola Vucevic stack up in your lame stats. He's the other player I would have in my top 10. I don't have any player (except Davis special circumstances) who plays less than 70 games on the list. Have to draw the line somewhere.
wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#1647 » by wesleyt95 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:48 am

KGdaBom wrote:
andyhop wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:OMG Beal is a top ten player in the NBA and Still young and we get to Dump Wiggins by just throwing in Culver????

Freak
Harden
Curry
Paul George
KAT
Joker
Beal
Lillard

Beal is better than Kawhi? Kyrie? Klay? Are you out of your mind? Not even mentioning LeBron
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1648 » by KGdaBom » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:50 am

wesleyt95 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
andyhop wrote:

Freak
Harden
Curry
Paul George
KAT
Joker
Beal
Lillard

Beal is better than Kawhi? Kyrie? Klay? Are you out of your mind? Not even mentioning LeBron

70 Game minimum. If you can't stay on the court you're not worthy of my consideration. Klay not even in the realm.
wesleyt95
Rookie

Post#1649 » by wesleyt95 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:00 am

KGdaBom wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:The numbers would disagree with you. I also take into account durability. Guys like Leonard and Embiid don't make the top ten for me.
Freak
Harden
Curry
Paul George
KAT
Joker
Beal
Lillard

70 Game minimum. If you can't stay on the court you're not worthy of my consideration. Klay not even in the realm.

He's on Oladipo, Donovan Mitchell's level, i think you're overrating him just because he may be available
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1650 » by KGdaBom » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:01 am

wesleyt95 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:Beal is better than Kawhi? Kyrie? Klay? Are you out of your mind? Not even mentioning LeBron

He's on Oladipo, Donovan Mitchell's level, i think you're overrating him just because he may be available

His numbers bury those guys. You are underrating him because he played for Washington.
wesleyt95
Rookie

Post#1651 » by wesleyt95 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:11 am

KGdaBom wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:70 Game minimum. If you can't stay on the court you're not worthy of my consideration. Klay not even in the realm.

His numbers bury those guys. You are underrating him because he played for Washington.

Considering I'm in DC as I type I dont think that has anything to do with it lol, idk man I think u just like to argue, u win
wesleyt95
Rookie

Post#1652 » by wesleyt95 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:16 am

I've been to multiple wizards games, I still dont know if I would make that trade today
andyhop
Analyst

Post#1653 » by andyhop » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:09 am

KGdaBom wrote:
andyhop wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I just did show you the numbers and you are too blind to see. I claim victory. You have no argument against Beal's #s. But you said he is "nowhere near being a top 10 player." There are not 10 players who can beat those numbers and he played 82 games. Flat out top 10 in the NBA STUD.

LOL

The box score numbers are a players numbers. His numbers are totally deserving and you have no argument against them. They are not just volume, but also very efficient. They just aren't the numbers you want to use. VORP, RPM, WS laughing my a$$ off about those lame stats. I'm talking real stats. Pts rebounds assist steals blocks shooting percents. You stick with your lame stats I will stick with mine. I also bet the stats you are using are better for players on the better teams. How does Nikola Vucevic stack up in your lame stats. He's the other player I would have in my top 10. I don't have any player (except Davis special circumstances) who plays less than 70 games on the list. Have to draw the line somewhere.

The 1990's would like their statistical analysis back please
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,723

Post#1654 » by minimus » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:48 am

Beal has improved a lot last season as primary ballhandler and first option in offense, he is only 25yrs old, which is crazy. He might be not in top10 yet, but there is little doubt that he continue to improve. He is an ideal fit in current NBA.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,971

Post#1655 » by Domejandro » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:02 pm

I would absolutely make that deal for Bradley Beal.

Andrew Wiggins, Jarrett Culver, and a lightly protected first for Bradley Beal is amazing for Minnesota (especially if you can net Davis Bertans, I'd chip in a bit more if needed to get him).

Jeff Teague / Shabazz Napier / Lindell Wigginton
Bradley Beal / Josh Okogie / Jaylen Nowell
Robert Covington / Jake Layman / Treveon Graham
Davis Bertans / Jordan Bell / Keita Bates-Diop
Karl-Anthony Towns / Noah Vonleh / Naz Reid

When you have the opportunity to 100% lock in a young All-Star like Bradley Beal who perfectly fits the timeline (Towns 24, Beal 26, Covington 28/29), you take that and run. No need to overthink it, he is the IDEAL fit next to Karl-Anthony Towns; he is an offensive creator who is elite off the ball as well.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1656 » by KGdaBom » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:30 pm

wesleyt95 wrote:I've been to multiple wizards games, I still dont know if I would make that trade today

Whatever Wesley. His numbers bury Oladipo and Mitchell.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1657 » by Jedzz » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:56 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
andyhop wrote:

Freak
Harden
Curry
Paul George
KAT
Joker
Beal
Lillard

Pretty hard to leave leonard out. Regardless of his 'breaks'.
wesleyt95
Rookie

Post#1658 » by wesleyt95 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:48 pm

Domejandro wrote:I would absolutely make that deal for Bradley Beal.

Andrew Wiggins, Jarrett Culver, and a lightly protected first for Bradley Beal is amazing for Minnesota (especially if you can net Davis Bertans, I'd chip in a bit more if needed to get him).

Jeff Teague / Shabazz Napier / Lindell Wigginton
Bradley Beal / Josh Okogie / Jaylen Nowell
Robert Covington / Jake Layman / Treveon Graham
Davis Bertans / Jordan Bell / Keita Bates-Diop
Karl-Anthony Towns / Noah Vonleh / Naz Reid

When you have the opportunity to 100% lock in a young All-Star like Bradley Beal who perfectly fits the timeline (Towns 24, Beal 26, Covington 28/29), you take that and run. No need to overthink it, he is the IDEAL fit next to Karl-Anthony Towns; he is an offensive creator who is elite off the ball as well.

Wouldn't even make the playoffs or would get swept first round at best with no young talent to reload for the next year with holes at the 1 and 4
wesleyt95
Rookie

Post#1659 » by wesleyt95 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:51 pm

If Rosas' vision was someone like bertans at pf we would've kept saric
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#1660 » by Mattya » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:17 pm

Beal would be great here, but Idk if that team has the assets after trading for him to actually compete. They would need to hope a core of KAT/Beal/Covington could attract a third piece.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves