ImageImageImage

What does 'questioning the norm' mean to you?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

What does 'questioning the norm' mean to you? 

Post#1 » by Klomp » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:01 pm

It's been a bit of a buzzword since Rosas took over, but what does it mean? What is the norm, and how will it be questioned?

With a week before the draft, thought we could discuss something that could be a big part of the franchise's future.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,643

Re: What does 'questioning the norm' mean to you? 

Post#2 » by shrink » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:08 pm

I see this as MBA-speak that no one disagree with.

Who would disagree, and say, “I demand that we SHOULDN’T question the norm!”
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
shrink
RealGM

Post#3 » by shrink » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:16 pm

By the way, from 10,000 feet, it’s mission critical we get our ducks in a row, and embark on a paradigm shift. We should do a deep dive to unearth our core competencies, to incentivize moving the needle to develop synergies that optimize growth while still nabbing low hanging fruit.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
SmokeyPaw
Starter
And1: 1,163

Post#4 » by SmokeyPaw » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:44 pm

shrink wrote:By the way, from 10,000 feet, it’s mission critical we get our ducks in a row, and embark on a paradigm shift. We should do a deep dive to unearth our core competencies, to incentivize moving the needle to develop synergies that optimize growth while still nabbing low hanging fruit.

Unfortunately sounds like a mission statement from a company I worked for.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Klomp » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:09 pm

shrink wrote:I see this as MBA-speak that no one disagree with.

While people won't disagree about doing it, there will be disagreement in HOW it's done.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

shrink
RealGM

Post#6 » by shrink » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:12 pm

Klomp wrote:
shrink wrote:I see this as MBA-speak that no one disagree with.

While people won't disagree about doing it, there will be disagreement in HOW it's done.

Maybe I should be clearer. I think this is meaningless - the type of stuff management is taught to say.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Klomp » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:20 pm

shrink wrote:Maybe I should be clearer. I think this is meaningless - the type of stuff management is taught to say.

Maybe so, but it's the offseason. I don't see a problem in discussing what he meant by those statements.

Just trying to create some dialogue.... :roll:

Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#8 » by Dewey » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:41 pm

When people step outside the box without instant success - people are always quick to criticize. Fully expected. However, if they have a well-communicated plan that has measurable expectations, they will have opportunities to work their way through change and prove some success via wins/losses. They (front office, coaches, players) all wanna prove themselves as the foundation for success.

The franchise sorely needs some identity/direction. Thibs is an old-fashioned bulldog, and while this crew will be far more trendy, the drive and expectations will still be directly on their shoulders. I make no excuses for the new front office and coaching staff - they will have a draft and full off-season to get a grasp on critical needs, accountability, and team goals.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#9 » by shangrila » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:00 am

Shoot more long 2s. Nobody will expect it and thus won't be able to defend it.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves