ImageImageImage

2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

Rookie-Mistake
Junior
Posts: 386
And1: 108
Joined: Jun 27, 2008

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#41 » by Rookie-Mistake » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:38 pm

This.
King Malta wrote:
packforfreedom wrote:I'm torn. I really don't like the lakers. But the LeBron hate is out of control, so I guess I'd like to see one last run from the King to shut them up.

Too bad we couldn't squeeze into the deal. Let's hope we do something before the draft.


I have tons of respect for Bron, but I just hate Lakers fans way too much. I hope it all implodes.


Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,079
And1: 7,869
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#42 » by Calinks » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:13 am

I'm really excited for FIBA this summer. I want to see Team Canada make some noise. They have enough talent to be a threat to most teams. If Wiggins plays for them would be awesome to see him be one of the best players on that team. Either way if most of the Canadian NBA guys show up, they should be solid.

R.J. Barrett Forward Duke (NCAA) Mississauga, Ont.
Dillon Brooks Guard Memphis Grzzlies (NBA) Mississauga, Ont.
Melvin Ejim Forward BC UNICS (VTB United League) Toronto, Ont.
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Guard Los Angeles Clippers (NBA) Hamilton, Ont.
Brady Heslip Guard Istanbull BŞB (Turkish Super League) Oakville, Ont.
Cory Joseph Guard Indiana Pacers (NBA) Ajax, Ont.
Jamal Murray Guard Denver Nuggets (NBA) Kitchener, Ont.
Kelly Olynyk Forward Miami Heat (NBA) Kamloops, B.C.
Dwight Powell Forward Dallas Maverick (NBA) Toronto, Ont.
Nik Stauskas Guard Cleveland Cavaliers (NBA) Mississauga, Ont.
Tristan Thompson Forward Cleveland Cavaliers (NBA) Brampton, Ont.
Andrew Wiggins Forward Minneota Timberwolves (NBA) Vaughan, Ont.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
SaintS
Sophomore
Posts: 173
And1: 28
Joined: May 24, 2012
   

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#43 » by SaintS » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:47 am

Calinks wrote:I'm really excited for FIBA this summer. I want to see Team Canada make some noise. They have enough talent to be a threat to most teams. If Wiggins plays for them would be awesome to see him be one of the best players on that team. Either way if most of the Canadian NBA guys show up, they should be solid.

R.J. Barrett Forward Duke (NCAA) Mississauga, Ont.
Dillon Brooks Guard Memphis Grzzlies (NBA) Mississauga, Ont.
Melvin Ejim Forward BC UNICS (VTB United League) Toronto, Ont.
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Guard Los Angeles Clippers (NBA) Hamilton, Ont.
Brady Heslip Guard Istanbull BŞB (Turkish Super League) Oakville, Ont.
Cory Joseph Guard Indiana Pacers (NBA) Ajax, Ont.
Jamal Murray Guard Denver Nuggets (NBA) Kitchener, Ont.
Kelly Olynyk Forward Miami Heat (NBA) Kamloops, B.C.
Dwight Powell Forward Dallas Maverick (NBA) Toronto, Ont.
Nik Stauskas Guard Cleveland Cavaliers (NBA) Mississauga, Ont.
Tristan Thompson Forward Cleveland Cavaliers (NBA) Brampton, Ont.
Andrew Wiggins Forward Minneota Timberwolves (NBA) Vaughan, Ont.

and Nick Nurse as a HC.
SaintS
Sophomore
Posts: 173
And1: 28
Joined: May 24, 2012
   

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#44 » by SaintS » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:55 am

minimus wrote:If I were Rosas I would try to get Jrue for right price. Not sure if Lonzo stays in NOP though. If not they will try to reroute him

what's a right price from your point of vew ?
User avatar
minimus
Head Coach
Posts: 6,132
And1: 1,365
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#45 » by minimus » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:24 am

SaintS wrote:
minimus wrote:If I were Rosas I would try to get Jrue for right price. Not sure if Lonzo stays in NOP though. If not they will try to reroute him

what's a right price from your point of vew ?


He has 2yrs more with 3rd yr PO. I'd start negotiations with Teague, #11. I'd add Saric if needed.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,079
And1: 7,869
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#46 » by Calinks » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:58 pm

Sounds like Wiggins may play for team Canada, at lest that's the impression one reporter at the Rosas presser had. I'm pumped up for FIBA.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
User avatar
minimus
Head Coach
Posts: 6,132
And1: 1,365
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#47 » by minimus » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:00 pm

Hawks Trade No. 44 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft to Heat for Future Pick and Cash
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 39,079
And1: 7,869
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#48 » by Calinks » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:17 pm

Was just thinking, Jazz my be dark horse final contenders. Conley gives them a boost and they were never far worse than Houston was last season. Crazy but they could be playing for a title in 11 months.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
User avatar
minimus
Head Coach
Posts: 6,132
And1: 1,365
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#49 » by minimus » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:25 pm

Calinks wrote:Was just thinking, Jazz my be dark horse final contenders. Conley gives them a boost and they were never far worse than Houston was last season. Crazy but they could be playing for a title in 11 months.


Exactly my thoughts. Grit and Grid. The best defensive bigman in NBA + Mitchell + one of the best PnR PG. It makes a lot of sense.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 53,227
And1: 10,345
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#50 » by Klomp » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:02 am

The NBA is nuts!

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
cellphonecamera
Junior
Posts: 320
And1: 411
Joined: May 28, 2019

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#51 » by cellphonecamera » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:20 am

Now the T Wolves should try to get Westbrook. Send Wiggins for him, and obviously a few more stuff. Westbrook and Towns would be sick!
KGdaBom
Head Coach
Posts: 7,071
And1: 1,468
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#52 » by KGdaBom » Sat Jul 6, 2019 6:48 am

This has been by far the best craziest best off season in NBA history. I'm so glad that Leonard didn't go to the Lakers. Can Kawhi and George with the team gutted compete for the title.
User avatar
minimus
Head Coach
Posts: 6,132
And1: 1,365
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#53 » by minimus » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:00 am

cellphonecamera wrote:Now the T Wolves should try to get Westbrook. Send Wiggins for him, and obviously a few more stuff. Westbrook and Towns would be sick!


No, please no Westbrook
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 53,227
And1: 10,345
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#54 » by Klomp » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:02 am

KGdaBom wrote:Can Kawhi and George with the team gutted compete for the title.

Clippers aren't really gutted. Still have Lou, Beverley, Harkless, Harrell, Shamet, etc.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
horaceworthy
Head Coach
Posts: 6,629
And1: 216
Joined: Jan 17, 2006
Location: Ruining Fuddrucker's for everyone

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#55 » by horaceworthy » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:23 am

Yeah, a Zubac/Kawhi/PG13/Shamet/Beverley starting lineup with LouWill, Trez, Harkless, and McGruder as proven depth and Kabengele/Jerome Robinson as recently drafted wild cards can’t really be considered gutted.

OKC certainly got quite the haul though. Gallo is great when healthy, SGA is one of the most interesting young point guards in the league, and the draft pick haul is unprecedented. Excellent leveraging of the Clips needing George to get Kawhi by Presti.
Image
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
younggunsmn
Analyst
Posts: 3,578
And1: 128
Joined: May 28, 2007
Location: Hiding from the thought police.

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#56 » by younggunsmn » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:28 am

Wow. Just wow. Biggest surprise is that Clippers knew and have been trying to trade for PG all week and were able to keep that a secret. SGA+Galinari, 3 unprotected clippers picks, 2 clippers pickswaps, unprotected 2021 Miami pick, and lottery protected 2023 Miami pick. Those Miami picks are nice, clippers picks are far enough out that the last couple have the potential to be valuable.

I am really glad there is no Lakers superteam, but hate that both LA teams are going to be good now. I like the Clippers a lot better because they did a great job stockpiling good veteran roleplayers on cheap deals. They need a couple more bigs and another PG but should have no problem finding some players on the vet min.

This sets up the trade market favorably for us, but West just got even more competetive, if that was even possible. I still expect Thunder in the playoffs, and I expect Presti to use all those picks as trade capital. Covington would be a perfect fit there.

It will be interesting to see if Toronto is able to do a S/T to generate a huge TPE out of it. If so, it sets up a Wiggins homecoming scenario (but their GM has to be way too smart for that).

Dallas missed out on Danny Green so they might be back in play for a guard.
User avatar
minimus
Head Coach
Posts: 6,132
And1: 1,365
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#57 » by minimus » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:35 am

I am sorry to tell this, shrink, but this is just another example that NBA has no real leverage if a player wants to be traded. I trade him and try to get best return possible. Sorry, to all who thinks that we should not be worried about KAT feelings, I should say we need to "maximise KAT window" starting right now.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 53,227
And1: 10,345
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#58 » by Klomp » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:40 am

minimus wrote:I am sorry to tell this, shrink, but this is just another example that NBA has no real leverage if a player wants to be traded. I trade him and try to get best return possible. Sorry, to all who thinks that we should not be worried about KAT feelings, I should say we need to "maximise KAT window" starting right now.

George has TWO seasons before he can get out of his contract. Towns has FIVE.

Sure it can happen, but it probably won't.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
minimus
Head Coach
Posts: 6,132
And1: 1,365
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#59 » by minimus » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:40 am

I hope Rosas already calling Ujiri number. LeBron will be chasing his last title, Kawhi, PG13 and Beverly will be form top defensive team in West. We need to trade Wiggins now.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 53,227
And1: 10,345
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: 2019 NBA Off-Season and general basketball news Thread 

Post#60 » by Klomp » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:44 am

I haven't been as strong in the camp to trade Wiggins, but there may be no better time to trade him to Toronto
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves