Timberwolves Acquire 6th Pick!!!

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,012

Re: Timberwolves Acquire 6th Pick!!! 

Post#121 » by shrink » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:19 am

Double Post
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Casperkid23
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#122 » by Casperkid23 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:28 am

I haven't posted on a Wolves board in a long time... maybe since rubechat shut down. But man, I am stoked for this offseason because Covington comes back and there's new leadership.

Figure this stuff out guys. You can do it!
NBA Draft Fanatic.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,661

Post#123 » by KGdaBom » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:24 am

Casperkid23 wrote:I haven't posted on a Wolves board in a long time... maybe since rubechat shut down. But man, I am stoked for this offseason because Covington comes back and there's new leadership.

Nice to hear from you. Please stick around as I believe you provided a post of value.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#124 » by minimus » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:01 am

Casperkid23 wrote:I haven't posted on a Wolves board in a long time... maybe since rubechat shut down. But man, I am stoked for this offseason because Covington comes back and there's new leadership.

Hope to see your avatars more often! :lol:
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#125 » by Jedzz » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:28 pm

I can't believe how quite the team is about Covington. Ever since his injury he's been Casper the ghost. The way he played last season for us I would expect them to be selling a lot about the future with him as part of the core. Now Saric from the trade is gone. The quiet revolving Covington just concerns me. Maybe I should be happy there is no chatter about him during these times.

I just wonder still about Towns comments about not going into a rebuilding mode. How do we not go into a rebuilding mode while looking at a roster with maybe 6 newer youngins, with questionable bench level shooting from most wings and points. Covington is maybe the only asset that could bring someone bigtime in and I hope no one would spend that asset. Still, he did miss most of the season and then waited until after the season to have a minor cleanup type surgery to repair it. Are we to trust that Covington is coming back at 100% for a full season?
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,588

Post#126 » by jpatrick » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:42 pm

In one of the podcasts that I listened to leading up to the draft, they said Covington won’t even begin light on court activities for another couple weeks and isn’t expected to be cleared for game play until right before training camp. Wouldn’t be shocking, given such a tight timeline, if he’s not quite ready at the start of camp.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#127 » by Jedzz » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:24 pm

jpatrick wrote:In one of the podcasts that I listened to leading up to the draft, they said Covington won’t even begin light on court activities for another couple weeks and isn’t expected to be cleared for game play until right before training camp. Wouldn’t be shocking, given such a tight timeline, if he’s not quite ready at the start of camp.
yes this concerns me. This is why I didn't like hearing he and the team let him wait until after the season for surgery. Top down list of mistakes year in and year out doom us. Maybe the silver lining is that this healing schedule maybe makes him untradeable.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves