Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,576

Re: The Jarrett Culver Thread 

Post#681 » by Klomp » Wed Dec 9, 2020 3:11 am

He definitely has gotten bigger

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,247

Post#682 » by Baseline81 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:40 am

Read on Twitter
Magoose
Junior
And1: 136

Post#683 » by Magoose » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:36 pm

Bold statement but I think Culver's gonna be a pleasant surprise. :clap:
Why? Because I feel like he was clearly improving at the end of last season and coming into his own. In addition it seems he has worked on his most important deficiencies... upper body strength and shooting motion. Next focus has to be ball handling and passing.

Hope Rosas is not giving up on him prematurely.
DaMplsKid
Junior
And1: 106

Post#684 » by DaMplsKid » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:36 pm

I don't know if I am reading to much into it or not. I wish he would of spoke about improving his shooting more then talking about "improving everything". Sometimes when you work of everything you really don't improve on anything. I also liked when a guy in the offseason work on adding one thing to their game and really putting a focus on that one thing. His shooting was so bad (3pt and free throw) I would hope he was smart enough to put a huge focus on these areas. Again might be just reading to much into it being that I can't wait for games to start.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,652

Post#685 » by KGdaBom » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:19 pm

Magoose wrote:Bold statement but I think Culver's gonna be a pleasant surprise. :clap:
Why? Because I feel like he was clearly improving at the end of last season and coming into his own. In addition it seems he has worked on his most important deficiencies... upper body strength and shooting motion. Next focus has to be ball handling and passing.

If Rosas had given up on him prematurely he would have already been traded to Atlanta. I'm confident that Culver is going to live up to his draft status this year.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,624

Post#686 » by thinktank » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:02 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Magoose wrote:Bold statement but I think Culver's gonna be a pleasant surprise. :clap:

If Rosas had given up on him prematurely he would have already been traded to Atlanta. I'm confident that Culver is going to live up to his draft status this year.

There's still a chance that Rosas gives up on Culver prematurely.

For example, Culver gets traded mid-season and then, in the future, blossoms for another team.

I, too, hope "Rosas is not giving up on him prematurely".
What would you pay a guy putting up 18 and 11 in the playoffs?
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,169

Post#687 » by Neeva » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:16 pm

Rooting for Jarrett and hope he makes all
His haters eat crow especially the boxscore reader Jeddz.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#688 » by Jedzz » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:22 pm

Neeva wrote:Rooting for Jarrett and hope he makes all

Because I research stats I'm a "box score reader". Thanks for the hate mail.

You are talking to one of the people that was trying to convince a few "haters" not to give up on him already after only one season. Describing accurately how he played last season doesn't make a person a box score reader or hater as you put it.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#689 » by Neeva » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:56 pm

Jedzz wrote:

You are talking to one of the people that was trying to convince a few "haters" not to give up on him already after only one season. Describing accurately how he played last season doesn't make a person a box score reader or hater as you put it.

You clearly dont even watch wolves games you just like looking at shooting stats.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,652

Post#690 » by KGdaBom » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:17 pm

Neeva wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

You clearly dont even watch wolves games you just like looking at shooting stats.

I would discourage posts like this as they only escalate confrontation. Many of us analytical types like to examine the stats, but we can do that and still enjoy watching the games.
Battletrigger
Junior
And1: 199

Post#691 » by Battletrigger » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:34 am

If you don't like a person you can just ignore him, you don't have to read his post.

This kind of free personal attacks are a nonesense, I suppose that you are not a child, so don't act like if you were in school.
post0115
Junior
And1: 35

Post#692 » by post0115 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:11 pm

The talk or possibility of okogie at the 4 is a joke. This offseason I’ve come to the realization that culver at the 4 is the right answer and that was before I saw the muscle gain. It is just a matter of how long it takes them to realize it.

Culver is not on the level of Lebron or Ben Simmons, but we can learn from their usage. Word out of philly is they really like idea of Simmons at the four. The lakers also finally used him the way he should have been used for years flipping between the 1 and 4. This may seem counterintuitive at 1st, but with his slow release and average shooting stats it makes a ton of sense. Also, using old Adelman logic about positions what position can a player defend while being able to exploit on offense?

Culver can fulfill a switch and point forward role on second unit with layman being the stretch forward beside him.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#693 » by theGreatRC » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:17 am

Impressed with Culver so far...wouldn't mind taking a shot with him as our starting 3....6'7 with great defensive instincts..if his shot is improved (form looks waaay better than last year)..wouldn't be surprised if he's an x factor this season.

I feel bad for writing this young man off, his shooting %s were just disgusting last year, but it's only his second season and I like his confidence coming into these 2 games.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#694 » by Dewey » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:51 pm

theGreatRC wrote:Impressed with Culver so far...wouldn't mind taking a shot with him as our starting 3....6'7 with great defensive instincts..if his shot is improved (form looks waaay better than last year)..wouldn't be surprised if he's an x factor this season.

I feel bad for writing this young man off, his shooting %s were just disgusting last year, but it's only his second season and I like his confidence coming into these 2 games.

Stats aside ... I see a player who has never made himself bigger than the game. He was clearly humbled last year, yet he's the type of player who don't get too high or too low and understands the need to focus on fundamentals and consistency. Players who can do that both ends of the floor are gonna see minutes. It's still early, but it would be great to see him have some success filling that steady eddy role on the wing.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,929

Post#695 » by wolves_89 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:32 am

Culver finishes pre-season 4-7 on 3s and 10-10 from the free throw line while playing the best perimeter defense on the team. He looks like he's taken a massive step forward this off-season.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#696 » by Neeva » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:33 am

He doesn’t look like a skinny teenager anymore either.
TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,087

Post#697 » by TheZachAttack » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:20 am

I think Culver’s apparent improvement this season is an important lesson for Wolves fans in regards to watching Edwards this season.

I think Edwards already looks like a much better athlete, arguably better handles, and has a better jump shot than Culver did in his rookie year... and is just as young.

Good organizations develop their talent further than when they come into the league. This doesn’t mean that players reach their ultimate ceiling, but they get better and are able to be productive NBA rotation players or better. The Wolves haven’t had a lot of good organizations and coaching staffs historically when it comes to developing talent.

I think the hope is, and what Rosas and his regime is trying to be, is an organization that develops their talent. It seems like with Prigioni and Vanterpool among others—we may have a chance to be a team that does that more often than not.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 681

Post#698 » by karch34 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:55 am

Defense has been good and he looks much more comfortable on offense. If he's competent on offense he opens up more options for our D as he can be on court same time as a Davis, Okogie, RHJ, etc. That and ability as secondary ball handler would be an asset most weren't expecting.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#699 » by theGreatRC » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:05 am

Pleasantly surprised with Culver this preseason..let's see how this carries over to the real games, he looks A LOT more confident.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#700 » by Dewey » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:35 pm

We’d be fortunate to have JC and Ant earn starts in the wing ...
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves