ImageImageImage

The Jarrett Culver Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Re: The Jarrett Culver Thread 

Post#721 » by UnFadeable21 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:47 am

Jarrett Culver will never be a knockdown shooter.

But what he can be is a secondary ball handler & adequate defender.

I think he can become an Evan Turner. He’s got size, can finish at the rim & is still working on his touch. This is the best hope for him & the Timberwolves.
WiggyWorld
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#722 » by WiggyWorld » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:51 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:Jarrett Culver will never be a knockdown shooter.

But what he can be is a secondary ball handler & adequate defender.

I think he can become an Evan Turner. He’s got size, can finish at the rim & is still working on his touch. This is the best hope for him & the Timberwolves.

He has terrible touch around the rim and is probably well below average for his size/position. He’s also not a good ball handler or playmaker. Evan turner is an optimistic ceiling at this rate.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,963

Post#723 » by Domejandro » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Out for the season due to ankle surgery. Hopefully he will be able to get his career on track, once healthy.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,605

Post#724 » by shrink » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:52 am

I think Rosas will clearly try to trade Culver this summer. At $6.4 mil, it’s unlikely, but not impossible, a team will take him on without the Wolves adding incentive. I think there is an NBA player in him, and maybe a team closer to home (OKC or a Texas team) could unlock him. Simply getting back cap space could help the Wolves avoid the looming lux tax.

If he is still on the roster by October 31, Rosas will be forced to decline his $8.1 mil 2022-23 team option. If using the #6 pick to draft Culver is already a black mark on Rosas’ record, admitting it by declining the option would put the black mark in permanent marker.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves