ImageImageImage

The Jaylen Nowell Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

Jedzz
Analyst
Posts: 3,466
And1: 867
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#121 » by Jedzz » Sat Aug 3, 2019 12:31 am

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
I find it good comparison if you heard whole Morey talk on the radio. What part of conversation you have not understood?

Minimus it is obvious that Rosas is a sacred cow to you. He can do no wrong. I will not bother to discuss anything critical about Rosas with you until you realize he is like all of us a flawed human being very capable of making mistakes.


Once again. I'm not speaking about future, and some obvious things like human mistakes. What Rosas move looks like mistake? Or out of logic? Do you know more details about Nowell situation than Rosas? If you do please share with us. For which reason Nowell was drafted so low? Why other teams passed on him?

Smaller school, team didn't garner more national attention like Culvers. He doesn't have to be a star player to help this team. He just has to be a good all around basketball player and it would help this team. I don't understand your need to suggest he is trash when the team drafted him for some reason. It's not like the Wolves could have drafted him sooner. That's where their second pick was. I find it funny that you will defend them to the end of the earth today, when it fits your team centric narrative you want to go with today. But then you want to trash the quality of this player THEY DRAFTED simply to help excuse their lowball garbage offer.

Maybe we should have asked you about this the day after Tyus wasn't matched. You had a little different tone that day. Then it was back to rose peddles before their feet.

Some of us have cheered their second round selection. That's supporting the team's choices for once. Only to see them pissing that choice down their own leg now.

2009, Steph Curry is selected 7th overall. 5 "professional" basketball teams skipped him. This includes the Wolves skipping him TWICE.

Every single one of those 5 teams would trade two to three #1 overall picks to get his services today. Maybe more. Nope, teams never screw up. Certainly not the Timberwolves.
These are my opinions.
old school 34
Freshman
Posts: 87
And1: 38
Joined: Jun 14, 2018
         

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#122 » by old school 34 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 4:33 am

KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Great way to get a bad rep with players and agents.


It is one way to negotiate deals. Did HOU low ball Capella? He was/is an important part of their roster. They needed him badly, but they negotiated that deal. As result he is on team friendly deal now. Bad rep Morey now? I don't think so.

I'm not saying the team should never try to get the players on team friendly contracts. I'm suggesting that lowballing rookies where every player can see what you offered compared to all the other teams in the same area did is probably not in the teams best interest overall.
I think that's being overstated some or at least is very defensible....it's not like if he signed the 1+3...others behind Nowell had gotten more...there has to be a line @ some point & Nowell wants that to start @ 44 instead of 43...so it's fair that it gets negotiated more so than others perhaps.

My question is...we're offering 1+3 & Nowell wants 2+1 reportedly....which makes 2+2 just too easy of a compromise for both sides to end this thing.....makes me wonder that maybe the real hold up....isn't about that as much as maybe Nowell's asking for more than minimum as well (like a select few others have gotten)? That's where I could see Rosas having a lot harder line in the sand (cause the roster spot @ the minimum whether guaranteed or not doesn't create any real significant flexibility)?

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
minimus
Head Coach
Posts: 6,132
And1: 1,365
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#123 » by minimus » Sat Aug 3, 2019 5:51 am

Jedzz, you can ask me about any post I wrote on this forum. Find it and ask me.
KGdaBom
Head Coach
Posts: 7,069
And1: 1,467
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#124 » by KGdaBom » Sat Aug 3, 2019 7:26 am

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
I find it good comparison if you heard whole Morey talk on the radio. What part of conversation you have not understood?

Minimus it is obvious that Rosas is a sacred cow to you. He can do no wrong. I will not bother to discuss anything critical about Rosas with you until you realize he is like all of us a flawed human being very capable of making mistakes.


Once again. I'm not speaking about future, and some obvious things like human mistakes. What Rosas move looks like mistake? Or out of logic? Do you know more details about Nowell situation than Rosas? If you do please share with us. For which reason Nowell was drafted so low? Why other teams passed on him?

We were the team that didn't pass on him. That means we like him even more than other teams. Every player drafted before him got a two year guarantee. The first player who didn't was drafted 6 picks later. That is the most up to date info I'm aware of. Based on this information it is apparent that Rosas is indeed low balling Nowell. It IMO is a MISTAKE. However, I'm sure that with you this will fall on deaf ears.
KGdaBom
Head Coach
Posts: 7,069
And1: 1,467
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#125 » by KGdaBom » Sat Aug 3, 2019 7:32 am

old school 34 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
It is one way to negotiate deals. Did HOU low ball Capella? He was/is an important part of their roster. They needed him badly, but they negotiated that deal. As result he is on team friendly deal now. Bad rep Morey now? I don't think so.

I'm not saying the team should never try to get the players on team friendly contracts. I'm suggesting that lowballing rookies where every player can see what you offered compared to all the other teams in the same area did is probably not in the teams best interest overall.
I think that's being overstated some or at least is very defensible....it's not like if he signed the 1+3...others behind Nowell had gotten more...there has to be a line @ some point & Nowell wants that to start @ 44 instead of 43...so it's fair that it gets negotiated more so than others perhaps.

My question is...we're offering 1+3 & Nowell wants 2+1 reportedly....which makes 2+2 just too easy of a compromise for both sides to end this thing.....makes me wonder that maybe the real hold up....isn't about that as much as maybe Nowell's asking for more than minimum as well (like a select few others have gotten)? That's where I could see Rosas having a lot harder line in the sand (cause the roster spot @ the minimum whether guaranteed or not doesn't create any real significant flexibility)?

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app

The 2+2 is the offer that makes sense. Of course Nowell will ask for the 2+1 like we ask for the 1+3. Now if we offer the 2+2 which as far as I know we haven't and Nowell turns it down I will place all the blame on Nowell.
User avatar
minimus
Head Coach
Posts: 6,132
And1: 1,365
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#126 » by minimus » Sat Aug 3, 2019 9:29 am

KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Minimus it is obvious that Rosas is a sacred cow to you. He can do no wrong. I will not bother to discuss anything critical about Rosas with you until you realize he is like all of us a flawed human being very capable of making mistakes.


Once again. I'm not speaking about future, and some obvious things like human mistakes. What Rosas move looks like mistake? Or out of logic? Do you know more details about Nowell situation than Rosas? If you do please share with us. For which reason Nowell was drafted so low? Why other teams passed on him?

We were the team that didn't pass on him. That means we like him even more than other teams. Every player drafted before him got a two year guarantee. The first player who didn't was drafted 6 picks later. That is the most up to date info I'm aware of. Based on this information it is apparent that Rosas is indeed low balling Nowell. It IMO is a MISTAKE. However, I'm sure that with you this will fall on deaf ears.


You don't know all factors that are in play for Nowell contract negotiations and yet you blame Rosas. You don't know me, but you still call me deaf to truth. I am trying to indicate that we need to be patient and there absolutely no rush, but you prefer to finger point as you need someone to blame either Rosas or Nowell. Many of our recent signings went through long hiring process. Gupta signing was announced just recently despite all news.
Jedzz
Analyst
Posts: 3,466
And1: 867
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#127 » by Jedzz » Sat Aug 3, 2019 9:37 am

minimus wrote:Jedzz, you can ask me about any post I wrote on this forum. Find it and ask me.


What in the world are you talking about? Are you referring to my mention of your team defensive tone change that I noticed? No need to ask you about it. I just let you know I noticed it.
These are my opinions.
Jedzz
Analyst
Posts: 3,466
And1: 867
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#128 » by Jedzz » Sat Aug 3, 2019 9:50 am

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
Once again. I'm not speaking about future, and some obvious things like human mistakes. What Rosas move looks like mistake? Or out of logic? Do you know more details about Nowell situation than Rosas? If you do please share with us. For which reason Nowell was drafted so low? Why other teams passed on him?

We were the team that didn't pass on him. That means we like him even more than other teams. Every player drafted before him got a two year guarantee. The first player who didn't was drafted 6 picks later. That is the most up to date info I'm aware of. Based on this information it is apparent that Rosas is indeed low balling Nowell. It IMO is a MISTAKE. However, I'm sure that with you this will fall on deaf ears.


You don't know all factors that are in play for Nowell contract negotiations and yet you blame Rosas. You don't know me, but you still call me deaf to truth.


He knows from your posts and responses that you are possibly deaf to truth on some subjects, or are unwilling to post honestly about this or other subjects. KGdaom was initially sort of defending the team's offer when he believed it was possible that the breaking point of changes to offers was happening right at or near Nowell;s draft slot. However when he became aware of the truth that it happened much later he has changed his stance towards that truth of the matter and it looks like he has commented further on the possible ramifications of such a choice. Admitting that kind of thing seems to escape you on some subjects minimus. Responses such as stating you "don't speak about the future" or all of a sudden claiming you don't quite understand the language you typically post fluently with does not lend itself to the idea of honest responses. Not to me anyway. Such things speak to a person's unwillingness to accept the truth that a discussion had helped surface.
These are my opinions.
User avatar
minimus
Head Coach
Posts: 6,132
And1: 1,365
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#129 » by minimus » Sat Aug 3, 2019 10:36 am

Jedzz wrote:
minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:We were the team that didn't pass on him. That means we like him even more than other teams. Every player drafted before him got a two year guarantee. The first player who didn't was drafted 6 picks later. That is the most up to date info I'm aware of. Based on this information it is apparent that Rosas is indeed low balling Nowell. It IMO is a MISTAKE. However, I'm sure that with you this will fall on deaf ears.


You don't know all factors that are in play for Nowell contract negotiations and yet you blame Rosas. You don't know me, but you still call me deaf to truth.


He knows from your posts and responses that you are possibly deaf to truth on some subjects, or are unwilling to post honestly about this or other subjects. KGdaom was initially sort of defending the team's offer when he believed it was possible that the breaking point of changes to offers was happening right at or near Nowell;s draft slot. However when he became aware of the truth that it happened much later he has changed his stance towards that truth of the matter and it looks like he has commented further on the possible ramifications of such a choice. Admitting that kind of thing seems to escape you on some subjects minimus. Responses such as stating you "don't speak about the future" or all of a sudden claiming you don't quite understand the language you typically post fluently with does not lend itself to the idea of honest responses. Not to me anyway. Such things speak to a person's unwillingness to accept the truth that a discussion had helped surface.


You write too many words. If you don't like my personality you can write it directly, that is not a problem. I can live with it. If you don't like things or vision that I have then probably you should look in a mirror before calling me deaf to truth.
User avatar
KAT4PREZ
Analyst
Posts: 3,683
And1: 16,362
Joined: Aug 27, 2017
 

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#130 » by KAT4PREZ » Sat Aug 3, 2019 11:26 am

Uhh There's really no need to be beefing about nothing in this thread to be honest as it derails the flow of posts/conversation.
Clutch Carter wrote:I still believe in wiggy.
KGdaBom
Head Coach
Posts: 7,069
And1: 1,467
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#131 » by KGdaBom » Sat Aug 3, 2019 11:48 am

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
Once again. I'm not speaking about future, and some obvious things like human mistakes. What Rosas move looks like mistake? Or out of logic? Do you know more details about Nowell situation than Rosas? If you do please share with us. For which reason Nowell was drafted so low? Why other teams passed on him?

We were the team that didn't pass on him. That means we like him even more than other teams. Every player drafted before him got a two year guarantee. The first player who didn't was drafted 6 picks later. That is the most up to date info I'm aware of. Based on this information it is apparent that Rosas is indeed low balling Nowell. It IMO is a MISTAKE. However, I'm sure that with you this will fall on deaf ears.


You don't know all factors that are in play for Nowell contract negotiations and yet you blame Rosas. You don't know me, but you still call me deaf to truth. I am trying to indicate that we need to be patient and there absolutely no rush, but you prefer to finger point as you need someone to blame either Rosas or Nowell. Many of our recent signings went through long hiring process. Gupta signing was announced just recently despite all news.

I don't know all the factors true. So I comment on the factors I do know. Those factors make it look likely that Rosas has made a mistake. You won't even consider him making a mistake to be a possibility. You would gain some respect with me and maybe others if you acknowledged that possibility.
User avatar
minimus
Head Coach
Posts: 6,132
And1: 1,365
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#132 » by minimus » Sat Aug 3, 2019 3:45 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:We were the team that didn't pass on him. That means we like him even more than other teams. Every player drafted before him got a two year guarantee. The first player who didn't was drafted 6 picks later. That is the most up to date info I'm aware of. Based on this information it is apparent that Rosas is indeed low balling Nowell. It IMO is a MISTAKE. However, I'm sure that with you this will fall on deaf ears.


You don't know all factors that are in play for Nowell contract negotiations and yet you blame Rosas. You don't know me, but you still call me deaf to truth. I am trying to indicate that we need to be patient and there absolutely no rush, but you prefer to finger point as you need someone to blame either Rosas or Nowell. Many of our recent signings went through long hiring process. Gupta signing was announced just recently despite all news.

I don't know all the factors true. So I comment on the factors I do know. Those factors make it look likely that Rosas has made a mistake. You won't even consider him making a mistake to be a possibility. You would gain some respect with me and maybe others if you acknowledged that possibility.


Once again, I would like to know all factors about these situation before making assumptions. You are ready to blame Rosas then to blame Nowell. I am not blaming anyone, because it is negotiation process, just a part of business. Like Tyus fans were upset about not matching MEM offer, but after this came up information about our 25/4 offer that Tyus declined and everyone felt much better.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 22,278
And1: 5,772
Joined: Dec 27, 2003
     

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#133 » by Worm Guts » Sat Aug 3, 2019 5:02 pm

Most likely Nowell eventually gets signed and this entire discussion is meaningless.
Jedzz
Analyst
Posts: 3,466
And1: 867
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#134 » by Jedzz » Sat Aug 3, 2019 6:33 pm

minimus wrote:You write too many words. If you don't like my personality you can write it directly, that is not a problem. I can live with it. If you don't like things or vision that I have then probably you should look in a mirror before calling me deaf to truth.


Comprehension is there one day, then it's absolutely gone the next post. It's either full on denial and delusion or you just can't admit when you are wrong so you just try to redirect constantly. Have a nice life.
These are my opinions.
Jedzz
Analyst
Posts: 3,466
And1: 867
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#135 » by Jedzz » Sat Aug 3, 2019 6:49 pm

Worm Guts wrote:Most likely Nowell eventually gets signed and this entire discussion is meaningless.


Aren't all the discussions meaningless? We could also say that if no one ever said anything about him, and coupled with the lowball offer they gave him, that it might be likely he goes straight to Iowa and is never heard from again. Because that's the easy thing to do when you have a Maxed underachiever wanting to play SG, a FRP SG that you want to give minutes to, and a high character second year workhorse defending SG to find minutes for. It would be too easy to quietly sweep him into an out of sight out of mind development system.

Only, this team won only 34 games again and finished 5th in Northwest for the 8th season out of the last 10 seasons. They owe it to everyone involved, including the player they drafted, to see if he can help the shooting woes here already and become an early asset they maybe didn't expect. It's a good problem to have if he is.
These are my opinions.
KGdaBom
Head Coach
Posts: 7,069
And1: 1,467
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#136 » by KGdaBom » Sat Aug 3, 2019 9:14 pm

Worm Guts wrote:Most likely Nowell eventually gets signed and this entire discussion is meaningless.

If he signs after ill will has been created it won't be meaningless.
KGdaBom
Head Coach
Posts: 7,069
And1: 1,467
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#137 » by KGdaBom » Sat Aug 3, 2019 9:18 pm

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
You don't know all factors that are in play for Nowell contract negotiations and yet you blame Rosas. You don't know me, but you still call me deaf to truth. I am trying to indicate that we need to be patient and there absolutely no rush, but you prefer to finger point as you need someone to blame either Rosas or Nowell. Many of our recent signings went through long hiring process. Gupta signing was announced just recently despite all news.

I don't know all the factors true. So I comment on the factors I do know. Those factors make it look likely that Rosas has made a mistake. You won't even consider him making a mistake to be a possibility. You would gain some respect with me and maybe others if you acknowledged that possibility.


Once again, I would like to know all factors about these situation before making assumptions. You are ready to blame Rosas then to blame Nowell. I am not blaming anyone, because it is negotiation process, just a part of business. Like Tyus fans were upset about not matching MEM offer, but after this came up information about our 25/4 offer that Tyus declined and everyone felt much better.

You don't know all the factors with Thibs, Butler, Taylor, Wiggins etc.. but that hasn't stopped you from making assumptions about that. You are Rosas' lap dog. Did we offer 25/4 or is that what Tyus was asking for that we declined.
User avatar
LibertyPrime
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,679
And1: 1,289
Joined: Dec 08, 2013
   

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#138 » by LibertyPrime » Sat Aug 3, 2019 9:22 pm

KAT4PREZ wrote:Uhh There's really no need to be beefing about nothing in this thread to be honest as it derails the flow of posts/conversation.


Amen. I keep clicking on this thread hoping to find actual news about Nowell.....
"The last domino falls here!"
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 22,278
And1: 5,772
Joined: Dec 27, 2003
     

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#139 » by Worm Guts » Sat Aug 3, 2019 9:57 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:Most likely Nowell eventually gets signed and this entire discussion is meaningless.

If he signs after ill will has been created it won't be meaningless.


Disagree. I think 90% percent of scenarios lead to this being insignificant. Hopefully it is and Nowell ends up having a long and great career with the Wolves.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 53,227
And1: 10,345
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: The Jaylen Nowell Thread 

Post#140 » by Klomp » Sat Aug 3, 2019 10:02 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:Most likely Nowell eventually gets signed and this entire discussion is meaningless.

If he signs after ill will has been created it won't be meaningless.

The whole talk of ill will is way overblown. If it was as big a deal as you're making it, he probably wouldn't be spending time with the team in workouts.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves