Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Re: Timberwolves free agency 

Post#401 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:39 pm

DaKid wrote:
shrink wrote:
DaKid wrote:Would anyone be opposed to us bringing in Jeremy Lin on a cheap 1 yr deal?

I’d like that. I want to see Napier get some play, but we could use a third PG in case of injury, to be able to run an offense within which our youth can develop.

No one else seems willing to give him another chance. Who knows if he would take a 1 yr deal over going overseas but why not if he would

I wonder what he's asking for a contract. That may be the issue.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,822

Post#402 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:29 pm

Nick K wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Vonleh was by far the Knicks' best two-way player last season, and the one constant in our best 5-man line-ups. He was good on both ends. Unless he gets lazy after signing his contract, he will fit nicely alongside KAT. One of the most underrated signings of the offseason.

I hope to see your Wolves succeed after Thibs stole your future.

When I was paying attention to Vonleh he was constantly doing good stuff. Thanks for stopping by and backing up my opinion. :D

I'm hoping Vonleh starts next to Towns. I'm not buying a full diet of RoCo at the 4. Of course, he has to earn it, but his play indicates he's ready to contribute in a big way.

I'm pretty sure RoCo will be starting at the 4. That is the game that we intend to play unless Rosas has been lying to us. Vonleh can get out and run and shoot the three OK. He can get minutes backing up both RoCo and KAT. Layman is going to get in there as well. I still think Dieng is our best backup Center and he can play PF as well. Unless we decide to let Dieng rot I don't think he, Vonleh, or Layman ca, get more than 20 minutes with Bell and KBD not getting many at all. KBD might be G League bound. Okogie and Napier will get some run. I don't expect to see much of Wallace, Reid, Graham, Nowell at all.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Post#403 » by Nick K » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:19 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Nick K wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:When I was paying attention to Vonleh he was constantly doing good stuff. Thanks for stopping by and backing up my opinion. :D

I'm hoping Vonleh starts next to Towns. I'm not buying a full diet of RoCo at the 4. Of course, he has to earn it, but his play indicates he's ready to contribute in a big way.

I'm pretty sure RoCo will be starting at the 4. That is the game that we intend to play unless Rosas has been lying to us. Vonleh can get out and run and shoot the three OK. He can get minutes backing up both RoCo and KAT. Layman is going to get in there as well. I still think Dieng is our best backup Center and he can play PF as well. Unless we decide to let Dieng rot I don't think he, Vonleh, or Layman ca, get more than 20 minutes with Bell and KBD not getting many at all. KBD might be G League bound. Okogie and Napier will get some run. I don't expect to see much of Wallace, Reid, Graham, Nowell at all.

I hope you're wrong on that but it's more wishfull thinking for me. The one thing we need most next to Towns is a strong rebounder who blocks out plus rim defender. Vonleh fits perfect there.

We'll see if Ryan plays Teague, Culver, Wigs and Cov next to Towns. Cov is a good rebounder but he'll get pushed around and probably give up too many second chance points compared to Towns/Vonleh.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,822

Post#404 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:46 pm

Nick K wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Nick K wrote:

I hope you're wrong on that but it's more wishfull thinking for me. The one thing we need most next to Towns is a strong rebounder who blocks out plus rim defender. Vonleh fits perfect there.

We'll see if Ryan plays Teague, Culver, Wigs and Cov next to Towns. Cov is a good rebounder but he'll get pushed around and probably give up too many second chance points compared to Towns/Vonleh.

That's the risk. The reward is that we will be too quick for opponents to defend.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves