Carmelo Anthony
Sam Dekker
Jonas Jerebko
Trey Lyles
Omri Casspi
Micheal Beasley
Dante Cunningham
Cheick Diallo
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Re: Timberwolves free agency 

Post#82 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:15 pm

shrink wrote:Top remaining PF’s in Free Agency:

Marcus Morris
Ken Faried
Markieff Morris
Jeff Green
JaMychal Green
Jared Dudley
Carmelo Anthony
Sam Dekker
Jonas Jerebko
Trey Lyles
Omri Casspi
Micheal Beasley
Dante Cunningham
Cheick Diallo

To me JaMychal Green stands out Head and Shoulders above the rest. My second and third choices one of the Morris's I'm not sure which and Diallo. I don't think Green signs for the MLE. I think he gets more. If we can get him for the MLE we should have done it yesterday.
SaintS
Sophomore
And1: 32

Post#83 » by SaintS » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:33 pm

For MLE prio
1) JaMychal Green
2) Marcus Morris
3) Markieff Morris

for min
1) Jeff Green
2) Jared Dudley
3) Trey Lyles

I don't see a reson to spent MLE in our current situation. MLE guy don't give us segnificant bust and we'll not become a play off caluibre team.
wolfen
Senior
And1: 216

Post#84 » by wolfen » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:12 pm

SaintS wrote:For MLE prio
1) JaMychal Green
2) Marcus Morris
3) Markieff Morris

for min
1) Jeff Green
2) Jared Dudley
3) Trey Lyles

I don't see a reson to spent MLE in our current situation. MLE guy don't give us segnificant bust and we'll not become a play off caluibre team.

This is a good plan of attack. I like the players in that order for MLE, but I'd put Trey Lyles at the top of the other list. He can really shoot it from deep. He had an off year shooting from distance last year but you've got to think he'll bounce back to the upper 30's in shooting percentage from beyond the arc. Important to get guys who aren't AFRAID to let it fly from deep, and he's that. Dario, Tyus, Teague, etc. kill spacing because they haven't been willing to shoot the 3 ball. The problem would still be that we still wouldn't have a legit starter at the PF position between he and Jordan Bell. I suppose you could start bell, he would fit better with the starters for defense and rebounding.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#85 » by Norseman79 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:33 pm

wolfen wrote:
SaintS wrote:For MLE prio
1) JaMychal Green
2) Marcus Morris
3) Markieff Morris

for min
1) Jeff Green
2) Jared Dudley
3) Trey Lyles

This is a good plan of attack. I like the players in that order for MLE, but I'd put Trey Lyles at the top of the other list. He can really shoot it from deep. He had an off year shooting from distance last year but you've got to think he'll bounce back to the upper 30's in shooting percentage from beyond the arc. Important to get guys who aren't AFRAID to let it fly from deep, and he's that. Dario, Tyus, Teague, etc. kill spacing because they haven't been willing to shoot the 3 ball. The problem would still be that we still wouldn't have a legit starter at the PF position between he and Jordan Bell. I suppose you could start bell, he would fit better with the starters for defense and rebounding.

This makes a lot of sense given our current roster makeup. If, if, we were somehow able to walk out of FA with Lyles and Wright I would not be happy, but satisfied - short of major trades happening - given where we are at right now.

Teague, Wright (Jones?)
Wiggins, Culver,
Roco, Okoge
Bell, Lyles
Towns, Dieng

It isn't perfect, but it's a start.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#86 » by Killboard » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:43 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Killboard wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:Napier is going to be let go I would hope. Makes more sense to go after a Delon Wright

Why the Wolves would have taken the deal then?

Napier has been successful in 3 Guard lineups algong Lillard and McCollum in Portland (with Vaterpool) and you always need a third string PG for depth. Napier for the Min fits really well.

The way the deal is reported I don't see how any team would not take the deal. I know there is something I'm missing and please somebody help me out. We were given cash considerations. I don't know if that is a dollar or a couple million. Both players have non-guaranteed contracts. Zero Risk that I can see. We can keep one or both if we like them or we let them go and still got the cash.

Something is wierd. The warriors stolen Russell from us from nowhere. He really doesnt fit there. People in the Warriors FO was reportedly surprised about it. Then they dump Iggy to not be above the apron and reduce the payroll considerably (and high likely Livingston as well).

Wolves had a null first day of FA (just 3 teams did this). Then the Warriors paid us to send us two unguaranteed contracts and we helped them. Why us in 30 teams? Then we snag Jordan Bell in coordination with the Warriors since they have to renounce to his rights (the wolves clearly knew what would happen) and Bell accepts instead of talking with other FO´s or test the market.

If anything, it seems we are very fluid with the Warriors FO which isnt bad (even if they stolen Russell from us) but is surprising, and it seems like they are trying to keep the caproll honest which is not usual on them, but expectable since they losed Klay and KD. Would be wise to do anything at reach to go below the tax and reload for the aftermath of KD, Green extension and Klay and Steph new contracts value.
twolves31
Junior
And1: 255

Post#87 » by twolves31 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:44 pm

Come on team Kat and friends, bring in both of his Kentucky teammates in WCS and Lyles...but seriously I do want Green if he can be had.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#88 » by Dewey » Tue Jul 2, 2019 3:00 pm

As is ....

1. Nowell could be a pleasant surpise as a Combo Guard
2. Napier could be a pleasant addition at PG
3. Battle: Wiggins/Okogie/RoCo/Culver ... fight for minutes
4. Tyus may get his chance ... may not los you games, but will he become a reliable 3pt shooter?
5. Battle: KBD/GD/Bell

Bottomline: Overall, I am not that disappointed about the Russell scenario - but - I do really like Nowell for the value$$, very eager to see Wiggins work to earn/keep his starting position, extremely curious how KDB will approach this season with the open PF position... Lastly, I'd like to see Teague dial in on a 3pt shooting role.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#89 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:43 pm

Killboard wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Killboard wrote:Why the Wolves would have taken the deal then?

Napier has been successful in 3 Guard lineups algong Lillard and McCollum in Portland (with Vaterpool) and you always need a third string PG for depth. Napier for the Min fits really well.

The way the deal is reported I don't see how any team would not take the deal. I know there is something I'm missing and please somebody help me out. We were given cash considerations. I don't know if that is a dollar or a couple million. Both players have non-guaranteed contracts. Zero Risk that I can see. We can keep one or both if we like them or we let them go and still got the cash.

Something is wierd. The warriors stolen Russell from us from nowhere. He really doesnt fit there. People in the Warriors FO was reportedly surprised about it. Then they dump Iggy to not be above the apron and reduce the payroll considerably (and high likely Livingston as well).

Wolves had a null first day of FA (just 3 teams did this). Then the Warriors paid us to send us two unguaranteed contracts and we helped them. Why us in 30 teams? Then we snag Jordan Bell in coordination with the Warriors since they have to renounce to his rights (the wolves clearly knew what would happen) and Bell accepts instead of talking with other FO´s or test the market.

If anything, it seems we are very fluid with the Warriors FO which isnt bad (even if they stolen Russell from us) but is surprising, and it seems like they are trying to keep the caproll honest which is not usual on them, but expectable since they losed Klay and KD. Would be wise to do anything at reach to go below the tax and reload for the aftermath of KD, Green extension and Klay and Steph new contracts value.

I'm not a conspiracy theory guy at all, but stating that there are just enough strange things going on with Russell that I am now willing to concede a 10% chance that GSW will be moving him to us and if so it will probably be for Teague and Covington. The salaries work.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,948

Post#90 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:45 pm

I know it doesn't match up with the roster positionally, but I almost wonder if we should buy low on Demarcus Cousins.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#91 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:46 pm

Dewey wrote:As is ....

1. Nowell could be a pleasant surpise as a Combo Guard
2. Napier could be a pleasant addition at PG
3. Battle: Wiggins/Okogie/RoCo/Culver ... fight for minutes
4. Tyus may get his chance ... may not los you games, but will he become a reliable 3pt shooter?
5. Battle: KBD/GD/Bell

Bottomline: Overall, I am not that disappointed about the Russell scenario - but - I do really like Nowell for the value$$, very eager to see Wiggins work to earn/keep his starting position, extremely curious how KDB will approach this season with the open PF position... Lastly, I'd like to see Teague dial in on a 3pt shooting role.

Solid analysis.
Comment: It's KBD Keita Bates-Diop. I see you used it correctly in one spot and incorrectly in the other. I continuously see people using KDB not just you Dewey and I just don't get this.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,948

Post#92 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:49 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Comment: It's KBD Keita Bates-Diop. I continuously see people using KDB not just you Dewey and I just don't get this.

Comment: It's the bomb. I continuously see you using daBom and I just don't get this.

Or maybe they're just referring to you....
KG
da
Bom
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Post#93 » by Nick K » Tue Jul 2, 2019 4:55 pm

KGdaBom wrote:

Marcus Morris
Ken Faried
Markieff Morris
Jeff Green
JaMychal Green
Jared Dudley
Carmelo Anthony
Sam Dekker
Jonas Jerebko
Trey Lyles
Omri Casspi
Micheal Beasley
Dante Cunningham
Cheick Diallo

To me JaMychal Green stands out Head and Shoulders above the rest. My second and third choices one of the Morris's I'm not sure which and Diallo. I don't think Green signs for the MLE. I think he gets more. If we can get him for the MLE we should have done it yesterday.

I didn't realize his number were that good. I'd love to get him. Can we afford him?
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,723

Post#94 » by minimus » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:10 pm

Nick K wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Marcus Morris
Ken Faried
Markieff Morris
Jeff Green
JaMychal Green
Jared Dudley
Carmelo Anthony
Sam Dekker
Jonas Jerebko
Trey Lyles
Omri Casspi
Micheal Beasley
Dante Cunningham
Cheick Diallo

I didn't realize his number were that good. I'd love to get him. Can we afford him?

I hope that NYK finished to spend all their money, so we have a small chance. but I'd target Tyus first.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#95 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:13 pm

Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Comment: It's KBD Keita Bates-Diop. I continuously see people using KDB not just you Dewey and I just don't get this.

Comment: It's the bomb. I continuously see you using daBom and I just don't get this.

Or maybe they're just referring to you....
KG
da
Bom

Da Bom is my way of being cool and gangsta LOL :lol:
I like your theory about KDB being a tribute to me. :D

Anyway seriously it is just so weird how often I see KDB for Keita Bates-Diop.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#96 » by KGdaBom » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:15 pm

Nick K wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Marcus Morris
Ken Faried
Markieff Morris
Jeff Green
JaMychal Green
Jared Dudley
Carmelo Anthony
Sam Dekker
Jonas Jerebko
Trey Lyles
Omri Casspi
Micheal Beasley
Dante Cunningham
Cheick Diallo

I don't think so because I think he goes for more than the MLE. As I said if we can get him for the MLE it should already be done.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#97 » by Jedzz » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:21 pm

Kawhi is still available. Throw thy hat in the ring. Send two picks to Toronto to take Wiggins and free up money for Kawhi.

Kawhi / Towns provide top tier offense, everything else built to defend. Teams would never reach 100 against Wolves.

Tyus/Napier
Okogie/Culver
Kawhi/RoCO
RoCO/Bell/KBD
Towns/Dieng/Bell
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#98 » by Kilo » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:43 pm

Any interest in a veteran shooting guard on a one year deal? Speaking of Langston Galloway, expiring 7.3M deal with the Pistons but could be traded for a S&T Derrick Rose, maybe with a second rounder or two thrown in.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,652

Post#99 » by shrink » Tue Jul 2, 2019 5:56 pm

Kilo wrote:Any interest in a veteran shooting guard on a one year deal? Speaking of Langston Galloway, expiring 7.3M deal with the Pistons but could be traded for a S&T Derrick Rose, maybe with a second rounder or two thrown in.

Probably not. We don’t have much room under the lux, and we may want a true starting PF.

I like the idea though. We have Rose’s early Bird rights, so we can sign him for up to $8.8 mil, thought it must be a two-year deal. That seems reasonable compared to your rumored offer of two years, $15 mil. Anything on your end that matches our needs, or some kind of three-way?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#100 » by Kilo » Tue Jul 2, 2019 6:17 pm

shrink wrote:
Kilo wrote:Any interest in a veteran shooting guard on a one year deal? Speaking of Langston Galloway, expiring 7.3M deal with the Pistons but could be traded for a S&T Derrick Rose, maybe with a second rounder or two thrown in.

Probably not. We don’t have much room under the lux, and we may want a true starting PF.

I like the idea though. We have Rose’s early Bird rights, so we can sign him for up to $8.8 mil, thought it must be a two-year deal. That seems reasonable compared to your rumored offer of two years, $15 mil. Anything on your end that matches our needs, or some kind of three-way?

Rose's deal with us is 7.3M first year, 7.7M year two. Matches up perfectly with Galloway's expiring number this season which is why I hoped he would fill a need. Otherwise I'm not sure we fit - we only have three bigs ourselves in Drummond, Griffin and Thon Maker. Wings we have Luke Kennard, Galloway, Tony Snell (23M/2yrs), second round second year players Khyri Thomas, Bruce Brown, Svi Mykhailiuk all making around 1.2M a piece and then 15 OA pick Sekou Doumbouya and Reggie Jackson for 18M at the point.

Three way could happen if another team had a big and wanted Galloway - I'm not that far down this rabbit hole yet though. Also it would probably be a problem as moving Galloway for a Rose S&T would be to free up our MLE again so we could bid on bigger fish PF/CE's ourselves. So the situation would be you'd have to value the third teams PF more than we would sorta deal.

Oh well, it was just a thought.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves