Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,971

Re: Timberwolves sign Noah Vonleh 

Post#61 » by Domejandro » Thu Jul 4, 2019 12:21 am

Folklore wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Noah Vonleh had bigger offers (not much bigger, but still bigger), he definitely sees this opportunity as a "bet on himself" type of year, which is great. I am a big fan on his, this is a phenomenal signing.

I'm not sure how this is a good thing for us. Vileh along with Bell have a great season by then raising thier value while taking developmental time from Nas Reid and KBD and then what? We pay them as much as Gorgui? We arent a playoff team and it doesn't make sense to give these players time to up their value when they see us as a pit-stop before they get paid.They're just using us and wont ever be seen as part of our long term plans so this is a bad signing.I want us to tank next season to get our PG.

Naz Reid was not receiving minutes on this team anyways, the dude is a two-way player; he shouldn't be considered in this equation at all. That aside, it is GREAT if players thrive in Minnesota, because that means they are both helping us in the immediate, and may be able to play a role long-term with the team. It isn't like we are signing thirty-four year old guys, these players are young and have legitimate upside as positive impact pieces. It also encourages other players to sign with us in the future if we build a quality culture.
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Timberwolves sign Noah Vonleh 

Post#62 » by southern wolf » Thu Jul 4, 2019 2:04 am

I like this signing. He’s still only 23 and looks like a great rebounder. I like that he took the shorter contract to prove himself for a bigger contract next year too. He has a genuine shot at starting in Minny.

So essentially we traded Gibson to the Knicks for Vonleh. I’ll take that.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Post#63 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jul 4, 2019 2:31 am

southern wolf wrote:I like this signing. He’s still only 23 and looks like a great rebounder. I like that he took the shorter contract to prove himself for a bigger contract next year too. He has a genuine shot at starting in Minny.

So essentially we traded Gibson to the Knicks for Vonleh. I’ll take that.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Except I think we were paying 16 million for Gibson and we are paying 2 million for Vonleh.
old school 34
Senior
And1: 240

Post#64 » by old school 34 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 4:06 am

A FA like this kind of goes back to my B. Clarke opinion. It's not that I don't value some of the things Clarke will be able to offer....but got a guy that offers a lot of the same deals with a better looking jumper & better measurables (wingspan and weight)...like going this route instead and allowing them to go another direction in the draft? Still need to keep things in check (but I was really high on this guy when @ IN)...hoping he works out & while he wants to get paid after proving himself...if that happens...hopefully, he values the fit and there's some loyalty because of the new culture hopefully being started as well?

On a last note....going down this path & this looking like it will be a development year and no Tyus signing yet...is there a young PG out there with a higher ceiling out there that might be available still (probably via trade)...Cle willing to move Sexton sooner than later @ a reasonable price? May not for sure be the answer but maybe worth the shot if cost isn't crazy?

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves