ImageImageImage

Covington

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: Covington 

Post#141 » by Jedzz » Tue Jul 9, 2019 9:04 pm

I think there are certain players you can make that argument with and Covington might be one of them. Lou Williams might be another.

Individually they aren't going to lead all the major stats boards and overpower opponent teams all by themselves like a superstar player sometimes does. But give me five of these special all around solid players with high competitive streaks in them and they would mow down plenty of teams repeatedly.
wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#142 » by wesleyt95 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 10:38 pm

Jedzz wrote:I think there are certain players you can make that argument with and Covington might be one of them. Lou Williams might be another.

Individually they aren't going to lead all the major stats boards and overpower opponent teams all by themselves like a superstar player sometimes does. But give me five of these special all around solid players with high competitive streaks in them and they would mow down plenty of teams repeatedly.

numbers dont lie, theres a reason those 2 get paid what they do; no disrespect to Lou Will
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#143 » by Jedzz » Tue Jul 9, 2019 11:46 pm

wesleyt95 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:I think there are certain players you can make that argument with and Covington might be one of them. Lou Williams might be another.

numbers dont lie, theres a reason those 2 get paid what they do; no disrespect to Lou Will

Sorry Wesley. I think you are 100% wrong on this one. I go back to your post claiming they would only score 60+ pts a game because you multiplied Covington's average by 5. I'm sorry, that's brutally faulty thinking.

Timberwolves themselves have had years of zero stars. No Towns. No fakers like Wiggins. No Love. Those teams still scored just fine. Maybe not enough to win much, but well over 60+. It's because those teams weren't exactly stocked with 5 Two Way Playing juggernauts that kept them from winning more. I 100% guarantee those teams were littered with abysmal shooters, bad defenders, underskilled underdeveloped players and they still scored over 60+. We are having an imaginative discussion about having 5 identical Pro ballers.

I pointed it out earlier, using Westbrook as example. All these people claiming he's a poor shooter and yet he's constantly a top 10 scorer and has been #1 in the entire league multiple times. They don't have to be the best when they are getting a lot of usage. They just have to be consistent pros.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves