ImageImageImage

Sam Mitchell: Wolves need to move Andrew Wiggins to Shooting Guard

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: Sam Mitchell: Wolves need to move Andrew Wiggins to Shooting Guard 

Post#61 » by Jedzz » Sat Jul 6, 2019 7:12 pm

Calinks wrote:I really just think Wiggins isn't a basketball player. He's a great gifted athlete of a man. He doesn't have the natural instincts or skills of an elite ball player and probably doesn't have the burning desire to be one. He's a guy who punches in, puts in his 9-5 work, does a fine job of working though his work isn't always fine, then goes home to enjoy his real passions.

Maybe. I wish we could just make him a bench scorer at 22 minutes for the rest of his contract. Just concede the losses in cap and try to win in spite of it. Let him play minutes against bench players and continue to put up shots, hopefully a little more confidently against other bench quality players. We have oodles of wings now and don't even need him, but if you can't trade him, at least put him in a better position to be positive for you. We definitely need to recoup bench scoring with Rose gone.
Zeitgeister
General Manager
And1: 5,830

Re: Sam Mitchell: Wolves need to move Andrew Wiggins to Shooting Guard 

Post#62 » by Zeitgeister » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:53 am

Calinks wrote:I really just think Wiggins isn't a basketball player. He's a great gifted athlete of a man. He doesn't have the natural instincts or skills of an elite ball player and probably doesn't have the burning desire to be one. He's a guy who punches in, puts in his 9-5 work, does a fine job of working though his work isn't always fine, then goes home to enjoy his real passions.

I think you're spot on. He's an athlete who has coasted off of a high school highlight vid and will have over 100 million to show for it, these are crazy times.

He doesn't see the game well, he has very bad hands so he can't dribble well, can't pass well, can't shoot well, his lack of anticipation affects his defense, passing, rebounding and terrible shot selection. He's never had a good season. He has some talent for putting the ball in the hole but he's inefficient doing it, and doesn't bring much of anything else.

I do have to wonder if part of why he doesn't drive to the rim more aggressively is because he has his max contract and doesn't feel the need to risk injury. He's clearly mentally checked out through most of the games and this has been a reported problem going back to when he was in high school.
Lenin wrote: All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves