ImageImageImage

Russell Westbrook

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Re: Russell Westbrook 

Post#401 » by theGreatRC » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:40 am

Please no to CP3, would've rather had Westbrook and that fat contract.

If we can somehow get Adams, i'd be so hype
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#402 » by King Malta » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:44 am

LibertyPrime wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:Cp3 going to rebuilding okc is the greatest part about this, F him

Meh. He'll be bought out and go ring-chasing. No, the real greatest part about this is the Heat getting left at the altar, again.

I think it's a bullet dodged for Miami tbh, which is a shame really.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,884

Post#403 » by Klomp » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:47 am

Glad we can put an end to this
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,884

Post#404 » by Klomp » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:49 am

Fargofan5 wrote:Change the thread to CP3, I would take him for Wiggins and Dieng.

Not going to happen....

I think this staff genuinely believes Wiggins is more valuable to this organization than whatever trash other teams are offering.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Piecake
Assistant Coach
And1: 264

Post#405 » by Piecake » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:53 am

theGreatRC wrote:Please no to CP3, would've rather had Westbrook and that fat contract.

If we can somehow get Adams, i'd be so hype

If we had a guarantee that Paul would decline his players option and become a free agent in 2 years I might do Paul for Wiggins. We would have a ton of cap space 2 years from now as Dieng and Paul come off the books.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,565

Post#406 » by shrink » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:38 am

I feel like we dodged a bullet here too.

Shut ‘er down!
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Alwaysrightguy
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#407 » by Alwaysrightguy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:24 am

Any opportunity to rid Wiggz is a negative. Even Presti wasn't stupid enough to take back Wiggz contract for any options. Think about it! They thought a 34 year old CP3 was worth more than a young lazy bum Wiggz!

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#408 » by SO_MONEY » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:34 am

Alwaysrightguy wrote:Any opportunity to rid Wiggz is a negative. Even Presti wasn't stupid enough to take back Wiggz contract for any options. Think about it! They thought a 34 year old CP3 was worth more than a young lazy bum Wiggz!

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app

lol. :crazy:
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,191

Post#409 » by Neeva » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:52 am

King Malta wrote:
LibertyPrime wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:Cp3 going to rebuilding okc is the greatest part about this, F him

Meh. He'll be bought out and go ring-chasing. No, the real greatest part about this is the Heat getting left at the altar, again.

I think it's a bullet dodged for Miami tbh, which is a shame really.

I agree I wanted that smug fanbase to stay in caphell purgatory. But just wait till butler messes up another locker room.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,371

Post#410 » by younggunsmn » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:25 am

Another magnificent trade by Presti. 2 1st rounders that could become pretty valuable for a lateral move, and chopping a year off a bad contract. Maybe Russ does have a little bit more left in the tank, but Paul is still a pretty good player.
With all the picks Houston threw at them, glad we didn't get involved (and sounds like we werent on Westbrook's preffered team list anyway).

Adding 8 1st rounders and 4 pickswaps, and on paper Thunder is still a playoff contender if Paul stays healthy (If they don't move him again). Steven Adams is a great match with CP3 as a pick and dive 5, and Galinari gives them some outside shooting.
Wherever he ends up, it will be interesting to see if CP3 can stay healthy and regain his pre-Harden dominance.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#411 » by Jedzz » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:37 pm

Would have been nice to have a consistent force at PG. Will be interesting to see how they make it work in Houston now.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#412 » by jscott » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:55 pm

LibertyPrime wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:
LibertyPrime wrote:

bought out? hes owed 120,000,000

They'll figure out something. I don't believe a ringless Paul will be willing to waste his last few productive years in OKC.

They basically can’t. I read you can’t have more than 15% of your cap tied into cut/stretched cap. Paul is paid about 35-40% of their cap. He’d need to agree to give up almost 30m per year. He won’t find that anywhere else in the NBA because no one has it to offer (and if they did they wouldn’t pay him that).

He’s either stuck on OKC for 3 years or they need to hope MIA will take him for Waiters and other assorted garbage.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves