ImageImageImage

Do you want Westbrook on the Timberwolves?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Assuming the cost is minimal, do you even want Westbrook on this roster?

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 78

jscott
Veteran
And1: 917

Do you want Westbrook on the Timberwolves? 

Post#1 » by jscott » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:14 pm

Under the assumption that Westbrook doesn’t cost us RoCo, Culver, or a number of 1sts, do you even want him on this team?

His contract averages out to 41m for each of the next 4 years (with 47m due his last year when he turns 34yo).
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Re: Do you want Westbrook on the Timberwolves? 

Post#2 » by Nitroglycerin » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:18 pm

I rather try to snatch Alexander
Trust the PRosas!
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,967

Post#3 » by Domejandro » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:38 pm

Depends on the price, but for the garbage other people are balking at, absolutely.
Wolves21
Sixth Man
And1: 400

Post#4 » by Wolves21 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:41 pm

Their shouldn't even be a question.If you can get a top ten to fifteen player in the league who's still in his prime(turning 31 this year) to team up with your young star player to form a all nba pairing you pull the trigger.I don't care about the price even it its more then just a combo of Wiggins/Dieng/Teague in terms of picks and the younger talent in Covington,Okogie,Culver.

Westbrook/Towns would be a hell of a pair and turns us into a playoff team as of today and possibly into a contending team.You look out West the the top teams basically are two all star/all nba talents in terms of Kawhi/George,James/Davis,Curry/Thompson,Harden/CP3...ect
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#5 » by Merc_Porto » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:42 pm

Hell NO
Dude doesn't make anyone around him better.
Never did.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Post#6 » by KGdaBom » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:45 pm

It obviously depends on the price. I answered yes assuming all we had to give was Wiggins, Dieng and Teague and they were including SGA in the deal.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#7 » by SO_MONEY » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:47 pm

Nope.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk
wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#8 » by wesleyt95 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:48 pm

KGdaBom wrote:It obviously depends on the price. I answered yes assuming all we had to give was Wiggins, Dieng and Teague and they were including SGA in the deal.

I'd offer Teague Dieng Okogie and a 1st or 2
Fargofan5
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#9 » by Fargofan5 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:54 pm

Might as well go all in, Teague, Dieng, S&t Tyus for Westbrook, then Wiggins, okogi, pick for Ibaka, van vleet. Definately a playoff team and possibly more for a couple of years.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 917

Post#10 » by jscott » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:01 am

Fargofan5 wrote:Might as well go all in, Teague, Dieng, S&t Tyus for Westbrook, then Wiggins, okogi, pick for Ibaka, van vleet. Definately a playoff team and possibly more for a couple of years.

Ibaka has certainly lost a step or two over the last few seasons.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#11 » by Merc_Porto » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:06 am

jscott wrote:
Fargofan5 wrote:Might as well go all in, Teague, Dieng, S&t Tyus for Westbrook, then Wiggins, okogi, pick for Ibaka, van vleet. Definately a playoff team and possibly more for a couple of years.

Ibaka has certainly lost a step or two over the last few seasons.
Didn't look that way in this last championship run.
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#12 » by wildvikeswolves » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:19 am

That contract is too much. With how ball dominant he is I doubt KAT would like playing with him. I’d rather wait for a guy like Beal, Booker, or another younger guy that fits.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#13 » by Jedzz » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:31 am

mercgold3 wrote:Hell NO
Dude doesn't make anyone around him better.
Never did.

So you're saying that OKC has sucked his whole time while he's been there and that he makes no one around him better? Did Durant and George play well around him or not? They played great around him.

Paul G - 2017 and 2018 are his 2nd and 3rd best TS% in his career. (the OKC with RW years)
Durant - made his first jump up to .600s in TS% in 2008 when Westbrook joined them. Stayed mostly same in Warriors uniform.

2006 31-51 (Seattle)
2007 20-62 (Seattle) (Durant only)
2008 RW draft year (OKC) 23-59 WS leader Durant
2009 50-32 WS leader Durant
2010 55-27 WS leader Durant
2011 47-19 WS leader Durant
2012 60-22 WS leader Durant
2013 59-23 WS leader Durant
2014 45-37 WS leader Westbrook
2015 55-27 WS leader Durant
2016 47-35 WS leader Westbrook
2017 48-34 WS leader Westbrook
2018 49-33 WS leader George
2019 ?

That team has been a constant juggernaut since he became an 82 game starter in 2009. They kept winning with a small droppoff when Durant left them. understandable.

I have a question for you. Has Towns or Wiggins made anyone better on the Wolves teams around them yet?
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#14 » by Jedzz » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:38 am

wildvikeswolves wrote:That contract is too much. With how ball dominant he is I doubt KAT would like playing with him. I’d rather wait for a guy like Beal, Booker, or another younger guy that fits.

Why wait for them? Start making the calls and offering deals. Beal asap. It's not like Wizards haven't been trading this offseason.
wildvikeswolves
Starter
And1: 577

Post#15 » by wildvikeswolves » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:45 am

Jedzz wrote:
wildvikeswolves wrote:That contract is too much. With how ball dominant he is I doubt KAT would like playing with him. I’d rather wait for a guy like Beal, Booker, or another younger guy that fits.

Why wait for them? Start making the calls and offering deals. Beal asap. It's not like Wizards haven't been trading this offseason.

I’d bet Rosas has called the Wizards for him, but I’m sure the price is sky high at the moment.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#16 » by Jedzz » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:51 am

wildvikeswolves wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

I’d bet Rosas has called the Wizards for him, but I’m sure the price is sky high at the moment.
We'll never know. I don't doubt they want alot, he's good. But he's only got two years left there and right now it's 28/season and they have that Wall contract restricting their moves every year from 38 to 47.
Wolves21
Sixth Man
And1: 400

Post#17 » by Wolves21 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:53 am

We have Towns locked up and just coming into his prime the time to strike is NOW.To many fans want to take the slow road and build for years with young talent around Towns and continue the losing trend which baring one season has been the case since '04.

You half to be bold and put on the big boy pants and step up to the plate and try and swing for the fenchs.Just like Thibs did in getting Jimmy yes it didn't work out long term for us and hurt the team and we lost Jimmy and Thibs in turn was fired but it was the right move to make.Hopefully Rosas isn't scraced and takes his swing just know just like Thibs if it blows up it might cost you your job but its worth the risk.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,195

Post#18 » by Neeva » Sun Jul 7, 2019 1:16 am

Wolves21 wrote:We have Towns locked up and just coming into his prime the time to strike is NOW.To many fans want to take the slow road and build for years with young talent around Towns and continue the losing trend which baring one season has been the case since '04.

You half to be bold and put on the big boy pants and step up to the plate and try and swing for the fenchs.Just like Thibs did in getting Jimmy yes it didn't work out long term for us and hurt the team and we lost Jimmy and Thibs in turn was fired but it was the right move to make.Hopefully Rosas isn't scraced and takes his swing just know just like Thibs if it blows up it might cost you your job but its worth the risk.

Being impatient and stupid is never the right move.
2-3 years from now is when the wolves need to make big win now moves , by then they will have more assets to swing for the fences. Why would the wolves want to be in the mess the thunder are in now 2-3 years down the road for a few one and dones in the playoffs?
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Post#19 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jul 7, 2019 1:30 am

Neeva wrote:
Wolves21 wrote:We have Towns locked up and just coming into his prime the time to strike is NOW.To many fans want to take the slow road and build for years with young talent around Towns and continue the losing trend which baring one season has been the case since '04.

Being impatient and stupid is never the right move.
2-3 years from now is when the wolves need to make big win now moves , by then they will have more assets to swing for the fences. Why would the wolves want to be in the mess the thunder are in now 2-3 years down the road for a few one and dones in the playoffs?

What to one is impatient and stupid to another is bold and courageous. In the end the results show who was right.
SmokeyPaw
Starter
And1: 1,163

Post#20 » by SmokeyPaw » Sun Jul 7, 2019 1:46 am

Westbrook has declined markedly over the last two seasons by usage, efficiency and whatever advanced stat you want to choose (BPM,RPM etc). He's 30 and very dependent on his athleticism. The last years on that contract might be ugly.

The issue is his productivity may have cratered at the time KAT is making his next contract decision. He's less worrisome than wall or paul, but I wouldnt want to take him unless we believed he would make us contenders in the short term. I dont think that's the case.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves