Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Re: The vision is coming together 

Post#61 » by Nick K » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:17 am

Worm Guts wrote:
Krapinsky wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
It's another year in the lottery, but I don't know if there's going to be a requirement to draft a PG. I don't think we're intending on a slow rebuild, so I don't think we necessarily need to focus on need in the draft.

*Most Likely*

If I had to place my bets, that's where I think we end up. Of course there is no requirement. It appears we tried to trade up to draft our PG this year and missed. Then we went looking in FA and missed.

The FA market for point guards is very bleak next year unless we're looking at veterans like our own Jeff Teague or Kyle Lowry.

And teams don't just trade their starting PGs unless they have a stock pile at that position. Not a lot of options there either. Lonzo Ball? Colin Sexton? D'angelo Russell after he said thanks but no thanks?

Maybe Russell, but I think we'll be looking for another star. I don't know which stars will be looking to force their way out within the next year, or even for sure if we'll look to make our move in the next year. Maybe it will be a PG or maybe wing, at this point I think we're setting ourselves up to take advantage of whatever opportunities present themselves.

The only thing this team needs is a stud PG. We tried for Garland and we tried for D'Lo. We struck out so we live with Teague and get him out of the Thibs ether and get him back to the Atlants days.

We have a good group.

Who can step up and take over a game with 2 minutes left? Towns and who? We need another guy. Culver? Wigs???
Loyal[]Wolf
Bench Warmer
And1: 455

Post#62 » by Loyal[]Wolf » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:23 am

KGdaBom wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:Next years FA class sucks ass.

Wolves fans are tired of waiting, even though there is always a new FO, the fans still remain the same, we need something to get excited about.

You might say we have a franchise guy in KAT, but we were still bottom 3 in attendance last year and we lost guys like Rose who has a cult following. So nobody is really tuning into games outside of die hards like us

If we had DLO, there'd be some buzz around Minny, but it looks like we're going to be another team that's forgotten quickly unless we make something happen. It's been too damn long and it's nothing but bad news after bad news with this team.

Couldn't even enjoy our playoff run last season without Jimmy being a damn diva right after it was over

Culver will win the ROY. Fans will get excited about him. RoCo will win the DPoY. KAT will win the MVP. Fans excited and filling the seats.

Optimism at its highest.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#63 » by Nick K » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:29 am

Calinks wrote:
Howard Cosell wrote:Yes, a clear vision is coming together. This is what happens with increasing number of empty seats at Target Center....better vision.

Rosas needs to make an impactful move before season begins.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That actually is kinda funny. :lol:
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#64 » by minimus » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:36 am

Read on Twitter

I feel much better now about Rosas and Tyus situation
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#65 » by southern wolf » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:25 am

I'm not sure what some people expected from this offseason, we had no cap space and we were never going to land a big name like Kawhi or Durant anyway and Russell only became an option after some social media posting from KAT and a few reports, who knows how real that was. Wolves fans were setting themselves up for disappointment if they were expecting a quick fix.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#66 » by shangrila » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:12 am

Krapinsky wrote:
shangrila wrote:
Maefteda wrote:Well.. there are no max players who makes sense in 2020 Free Agency though... Maybe Caris LeVert if Nets get a 3rd star somehow...

Levert is one, Jaylen Brown and Buddy Hield are two others. Not that any of them are likely but if you can throw a full max at them maybe you can pry them loose.

Either way, having space is flexibility that I'd like this FO to have.

I'd add Malik Beasley. I don't think they can afford to pay him, Harris, and Murray.

I was looking solely at guys to throw a max at. Not sure if Beasley fits that, though he would be a good candidate to try and overpay a little.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,821

Post#67 » by KGdaBom » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:17 pm

southern wolf wrote:I'm not sure what some people expected from this offseason, we had no cap space and we were never going to land a big name like Kawhi or Durant anyway and Russell only became an option after some social media posting from KAT and a few reports, who knows how real that was. Wolves fans were setting themselves up for disappointment if they were expecting a quick fix.

Russell would not have made us his first visit of FA if he wasn't seriously considering us. According to some all we had to do is make the cap space and he was a done deal.
southern wolf
General Manager

Post#68 » by southern wolf » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:21 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
southern wolf wrote:I'm not sure what some people expected from this offseason, we had no cap space and we were never going to land a big name like Kawhi or Durant anyway and Russell only became an option after some social media posting from KAT and a few reports, who knows how real that was. Wolves fans were setting themselves up for disappointment if they were expecting a quick fix.

Russell would not have made us his first visit of FA if he wasn't seriously considering us. According to some all we had to do is make the cap space and he was a done deal.

The same people who had absolutely no idea Golden State was in play?
minimus
RealGM

Post#69 » by minimus » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:25 pm

southern wolf wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Do you speak about all other teams in NBA except GSW?
southern wolf
General Manager

Post#70 » by southern wolf » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:38 pm

minimus wrote:
southern wolf wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Russell would not have made us his first visit of FA if he wasn't seriously considering us. According to some all we had to do is make the cap space and he was a done deal.

Do you speak about all other teams in NBA except GSW?

I'm talking about the reporters covering it all.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#71 » by shrink » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:42 pm

minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

I feel much better now about Rosas and Tyus situation

This is a fair contract for a back up PG, going into the off-season. Surprisingly, many back up PG’s got significantly more this year. There is a thought that there is only 45 or so decent PG’s in the league, and if you don’t have one, you could be in trouble. I heard an analogy this week to back up quarterbacks in the NFL.

Still, our offer would have been fine, and probably left Tyus as a decent, tradable contract. He got double this offer, from a last minute team who ended up with cap space. The reporting is that at that price, it would be a hard choice for most GM’s, but eventually they would say no. As Klomp mentioned, keeping longterm cap space free is a safer and more flexible move that tying up our finances like this for three years.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,917

Post#72 » by Klomp » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:00 pm

I know some people wouldn't be satisfied with this, but I could theoretically see a possibility where we have Karl-Anthony Towns, D'Angelo Russell and Devin Booker all on the Timberwolves roster by the start of the 2020-21 season, all 25 or younger and under contract for three or four seasons. Not calling it likely, but I can see how it'd be done.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#73 » by Worm Guts » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:09 pm

Klomp wrote:I know some people wouldn't be satisfied with this, but I could theoretically see a possibility where we have Karl-Anthony Towns, D'Angelo Russell and Devin Booker all on the Timberwolves roster by the start of the 2020-21 season, all 25 or younger and under contract for three or four seasons. Not calling it likely, but I can see how it'd be done.

When that happens, we can give credit. You can’t really expect people to be happy when little of significance has happened.
minimus
RealGM

The vision is coming together 

Post#74 » by minimus » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:19 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Klomp wrote:I know some people wouldn't be satisfied with this, but I could theoretically see a possibility where we have Karl-Anthony Towns, D'Angelo Russell and Devin Booker all on the Timberwolves roster by the start of the 2020-21 season, all 25 or younger and under contract for three or four seasons. Not calling it likely, but I can see how it'd be done.

When that happens, we can give credit. You can’t really expect people to be happy when little of significance has happened.

As long as PHO keep the worst possible way to manage team, I would say that Booker can be traded to MIN with high probability. And as long as GSW have Curry, Green and Thompson Russell can be realistically traded to MIN.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#75 » by Worm Guts » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:25 pm

minimus wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

As long as PHO keep the worst possible way to manage team, I would say that Booker can be traded to MIN with high probability. And as long as GSW have Curry, Green and Thompson Russell can be realistically traded to MIN.

They can realistically not be traded to Minnesota too. When it happens we can be excited, until then its fair to be skeptical.
minimus
RealGM

Post#76 » by minimus » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:36 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
minimus wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

They can realistically not be traded to Minnesota too. When it happens we can be excited, until then its fair to be skeptical.

D-Lo trade could already happen, so you can be realistically optimistic.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#77 » by Nick K » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:08 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:Next years FA class sucks ass.

Wolves fans are tired of waiting, even though there is always a new FO, the fans still remain the same, we need something to get excited about.

You might say we have a franchise guy in KAT, but we were still bottom 3 in attendance last year and we lost guys like Rose who has a cult following. So nobody is really tuning into games outside of die hards like us

If we had DLO, there'd be some buzz around Minny, but it looks like we're going to be another team that's forgotten quickly unless we make something happen. It's been too damn long and it's nothing but bad news after bad news with this team.

Couldn't even enjoy our playoff run last season without Jimmy being a damn diva right after it was over

Culver will win the ROY. Fans will get excited about him. RoCo will win the DPoY. KAT will win the MVP. Fans excited and filling the seats.

That sounds about right to me. :)
wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#78 » by wesleyt95 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:28 pm

be completely honest, if those 3 were to link up you think they'd choose Minneapolis?
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 691

Post#79 » by karch34 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:49 am

wesleyt95 wrote:

be completely honest, if those 3 were to link up you think they'd choose Minneapolis?

It won't be Golden State for obvious reasons.

So comes down to amazing weather during the season, 30-50% of the crowd at home games cheering for opposing team due to transplants, and management that traded TJ Warren and a good pick for cap space to overpay Rubio VS bad weather during season, die hard fans, and what appears to be forward thinking front office if they keep Glen from being involved.

Or wherever KAT says they go. Russell might end up elsewhere when that time comes but outside a couple of places where is he going to be the one to say bring my two guys here? Orlando?
Tukkerwolf
Starter
And1: 2,177

Post#80 » by Tukkerwolf » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:51 am

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves