ImageImageImage

**The Official 2019-2020 Timberwolves Prediction Thread**

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,945

Re: **The Official 2019-2020 Timberwolves Prediction Thread** 

Post#21 » by Nick K » Wed Oct 9, 2019 3:06 pm

Jedzz wrote:I saw part of the Lakers Warriors game and I can't believe how large the Lakers players looked. LeBron looks larger for some reason and that starting 5 that came out just wow. Our bicyclists are going to struggle against that. The Warriors looked like little kids and aside from streaks of decent shooting were just getting manhandled. Hopefully they can have players like Vonleh and Reid ready when the Lakers come around. We don't have Tyus' pride to take on Lebron anymore.

Good points. Ayton really handled Vonleh to my disappointment. I really expected Vonleh to be a rebounding force. Maybe Reid and Bell can help us there.

Who can shoot the 3 for us outside of KAT, and Roco? Layman threw up one brick after another.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#22 » by Jedzz » Wed Oct 9, 2019 6:31 pm

Nick K wrote:
Jedzz wrote:I saw part of the Lakers Warriors game and I can't believe how large the Lakers players looked. LeBron looks larger for some reason and that starting 5 that came out just wow. Our bicyclists are going to struggle against that. The Warriors looked like little kids and aside from streaks of decent shooting were just getting manhandled. Hopefully they can have players like Vonleh and Reid ready when the Lakers come around. We don't have Tyus' pride to take on Lebron anymore.

Good points. Ayton really handled Vonleh to my disappointment. I really expected Vonleh to be a rebounding force. Maybe Reid and Bell can help us there.

Who can shoot the 3 for us outside of KAT, and Roco? Layman threw up one brick after another.
Agreed. In this first preseason game I was surprised to see Graham warm up after an ugly start and started hitting both 2s and 3s. He's possible if he can sustain that. Nowell didn't hit his two 3s, but he shot well on everything else afterwards including 3 of 3 FTs. He's kind of notorious for starting slow in the college games he was starting in, and heating up as games wore on. This is why I want them to give Nowell a chance here. Because he can shoot the 3 at a high clip but it might be hard for him to prove it if 8 minutes of a 4th quarter preseason dump is it for his chance. I didn't see anyone else showing much of a shot yet.

Hopefully Vonleh can show us something more in his next game.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,945

Post#23 » by Nick K » Wed Oct 9, 2019 10:58 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Nick K wrote:

Agreed. In this first preseason game I was surprised to see Graham warm up after an ugly start and started hitting both 2s and 3s. He's possible if he can sustain that. Nowell didn't hit his two 3s, but he shot well on everything else afterwards including 3 of 3 FTs. He's kind of notorious for starting slow in the college games he was starting in, and heating up as games wore on. This is why I want them to give Nowell a chance here. Because he can shoot the 3 at a high clip but it might be hard for him to prove it if 8 minutes of a 4th quarter preseason dump is it for his chance. I didn't see anyone else showing much of a shot yet.

Hopefully Vonleh can show us something more in his next game.

I love Nowell. He and Vonleh are the two we need to really step up. Nowell can be that bench scorer we need so badly. I loved Nowell's aggressive confidence. He found his way initially then wasn't fazed a bit. He made those 3 free throws like a walk in the park. I hope Ryan gives him every chance to succeed even if he makes a few mistakes. At this point I like Nowell better than Okogie. The better player was Okobo not Okogie.

I'd rather see Vonleh start instead of starting 3 sf's. We just don't rebound well enough.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#24 » by King Malta » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:27 am

How many wins this season?: I'm gonna go with 38 wins

MVP of the team besides KAT:
Roco

Scapegoat of the team (person who gets the most blame when things go wrong): Ryan Saunders or KAT (not a winner, doesn't make his team better, Butler was right, bull***, bull***)

Most disappointing player: Layman. We already know what we're probably gonna get with Wiggins. But it seems there's some hype around Layman and I'm not sure it's gonna pan out

Most surprising player: Culver. Obviously there's higher than usual expectations given he's a high pick, but I think he'll be a better contributor than most of us expect

Most improved player on the wolves: Okogie

Timbewolves Rookie of the year (The best new member of the timberwolves organization): Rosas

NBA Rookie of the Year: The 'Garland to screw the Wolves' narrative is too real to ignore :lol:

BOLD PREDICTIONS

T-Wolves make a trade for a fringe all-star mid-season.
Wiggins doesn't start the following season as a Timberwolf.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,764

Post#25 » by Colbinii » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:38 pm

How many wins this season?: 35

MVP of the team besides KAT:
Roco

Scapegoat of the team (person who gets the most blame when things go wrong): Wiggins or Teague

Most disappointing player: Karl-Anthony Towns

Most surprising player: Okogie

Most improved player on the wolves: Wiggins

Timbewolves Rookie of the year (The best new member of the timberwolves organization): Rosas

NBA Rookie of the Year: Difficult to pick. Zion most likely but he may not have the best numbers.

BOLD PREDICTIONS

Timberwolves end up in the bottom 5 of the NBA.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#26 » by Dewey » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:12 pm

The prediction is so challenging when you don't have a perimeter goto guy ... it's clearly gonna be a roller-coaster offensively. Defensively, we better come around here real soon or we will have no way to stay in games with our offense/3pt shooting. I gotta get a look at Bell and also see how our team defense goes over the 2-3 preseason games ... if we cant tighten things up it could be dicey.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,456

Post#27 » by Foye » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:02 am

How many wins this season? 30 wins

MVP of the team besides KAT: ROCO

Scapegoat of the team (person who gets the most blame when things go wrong): Wiggins

Most disappointing player: Wiggins, Teague

Most surprising player: Vonleh

Most improved player on the wolves: Okogie

Timberwolves Rookie of the year (The best new member of the timberwolves organization): Culver

NBA Rookie of the Year: Ja

BOLD PREDICTIONS
We are a Towns injury away from being the worst team in the league.
Naz Reid will be a positive surprise but not even see the floor in half the games.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#28 » by packforfreedom » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:08 am

How many wins this season? ~30 wins

MVP of the team besides KAT: RoCo

Scapegoat of the team - for me the definition of a scapegoat that the blame is somewhat unjustified: For Wiggins and Teague it'll be 100% justified so I go with Saunders

Most disappointing player: Can Wiggins still disappoint? Maybe, but I'll go with Okogie.

Most surprising player: Layman

Most improved player on the wolves: Since our new Rookies don't count and I don't think Okogie and KBD improved much, i take unleashed KAT

Timberwolves Rookie of the year: Culver

bold (?) predictions:

our ratio of 3 point attemps and 3 pointers made won't be pretty.

Ryan will shuffle the S5 quite a bit.

no significant move will be made till trade deadline.

chatter about KAT wanting out will increase
Wolf Wiggum 41
Sophomore
And1: 60

Post#29 » by Wolf Wiggum 41 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:03 pm

How many wins this season? 29

Scapegoat of the team: Wiggins, Saunders

Most disappointing player: Okogie

Most surprising player: Napier

Most improved player on the wolves: KAT

Timberwolves Rookie of the year: Reid

Bold predictions:
Wiggins out of S5, Naz Reid solid rotation player by trade deadline.
No "great" trades this season.
Wolves NBA bottom 3 in defense.
Wolves win draft lottery.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#30 » by Dewey » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:48 am

Wins: 32
Scapegoat: Rosas
MVP of Team: RoCo
Most disappointing: Wiggins
Most surprising: Napier
Most improved: Layman
Rookie of the year: Culver
Bold prediction: Wolves will swing and miss on significant deadline trade.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#31 » by _AIJ_ » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:26 am

Wins: 51
Scapegoat: teague
MVP of Team: kat
Most disappointing: Teague
Most surprising: Wiggins
Bold prediction: Wolves 2nd seed in the division

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
NebWolvesFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#32 » by NebWolvesFan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:34 pm

How many wins this season? 42 wins

MVP of the team besides KAT: Culver

Scapegoat of the team (person who gets the most blame when things go wrong): Wiggins

Most disappointing player: Wiggins, Okogie

Most surprising player: Graham

Most improved player on the wolves: Graham

Timberwolves Rookie of the year (The best new member of the timberwolves organization): Culver

NBA Rookie of the Year: Zion (although Culver will get some buzz)

BOLD PREDICTIONS
The Lakers due to injuries miss the playoffs.
Dieng and Wolves' 2020 No. 1 pick gets traded before deadline.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#33 » by Calinks » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:07 pm

Calinks wrote:Yea we had another thread couple months back but now the season is about to start. Lets get the official Timberwolves predictions going! You can predict whatever you want, doesn't have to follow my format.

How many wins this season?: I think we may be slightly better than most expect. Finish just below .500 gonna say 39 wins.

MVP of the team besides KAT: ROCO

Scapegoat of the team (person who gets the most blame when things go wrong): Ryan Saunders

Most disappointing player: Wiggins

Most surprising player: Vonleh

Most improved player on the wolves: KBD

NBA Rookie of the Year: Garland (just to torture our souls again)

BOLD PREDICTIONS

Wiggins will shoot very close to 40 percent form three (like 38.5)
One of Vonleh, Bell, or Layman will really blow up. Have a low level star like impact
Ryan Saunders will be on the hot seat mid season. Get fired or be in real danger of getting fired.

So far pretty off on most of mine. Jury is still out on a few. Definitely flopped on my Bell, Layman, Vonleh prediction lol.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Folklore
Senior
And1: 171

Post#34 » by Folklore » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:26 am

Folklore wrote:Wins: 33 (slow start then tank)
MVP: KAT
Scapegoat: Rosas (No vets and people will be surprised that we actually have a bad team)
Disappointing: Jordan Bell (he's an idiot) Andrew still taking those long 2's and turn around jumpers/Okogie gets injured due to flopping under the basket
Surprising: Naz
Most Improved: Okogie's play-making /Naz Reed/ Gorgui's three point shot improves
Timberwolves ROY: Culver
NBA ROY: Ja

BOLD Predictions:
Rosas will activate tank mode once fans realize that the team is about finding cheap talent this year
and KAT will have some kind of (fake) injury to land a PG (Ball) next draft.

Andrew will be traded in a three team trade to Toronto.
Unless he plays within the system Bell will be horrible and Naz will get all of his minutes after Gorgui and Jeff get traded.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,705

Post#35 » by minimus » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:27 pm

minimus wrote:How many wins this season?: 40 wins if we stay healthy.

Scapegoat of the team (person who gets the most blame when things go wrong): Wiggins. Obvious choice.

Most disappointing player: Okogie. Lack of elite ballhandler will hurt his play.

Timbewolves Rookie of the year (The best new member of the timberwolves organization): g-league coach/GM, because they will develop a rotational player this year

NBA Rookie of the Year: I honestly dont care, but Nowell or Reid will be a steal of the draft. Culver will not be in ROY race, but he will impact the game in the second half of the season.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
We will win some good games in the starts of the season, because of athleticism and improved chemistry. We will lost many games in Dec, Jan, Feb, because of inexperience and incoming trade changes.
Wiggins will have 22+ppg season.
One of Teague, RoCo, Dieng will be traded. Young players will get more minutes in 2nd half of the season.
Bell, Vonleh wont give much in terms of points, rebounds or blocks, but they will create a solid defensive trio with KAT. Our defense will be top15.
One from Wolves will get a vote as candidate for 6th man award.
KAT will not have a big improvement in terms of numbers, but will control both defense and offense.
Napier will hit more than one clutch shot.

Lol
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,705

Post#36 » by minimus » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:46 am

minimus wrote:
minimus wrote:How many wins this season?: 40 wins if we stay healthy.

Scapegoat of the team (person who gets the most blame when things go wrong): Wiggins. Obvious choice.

Most disappointing player: Okogie. Lack of elite ballhandler will hurt his play.

Timbewolves Rookie of the year (The best new member of the timberwolves organization): g-league coach/GM, because they will develop a rotational player this year

NBA Rookie of the Year: I honestly dont care, but Nowell or Reid will be a steal of the draft. Culver will not be in ROY race, but he will impact the game in the second half of the season.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
We will win some good games in the starts of the season, because of athleticism and improved chemistry. We will lost many games in Dec, Jan, Feb, because of inexperience and incoming trade changes.
Wiggins will have 22+ppg season.
One of Teague, RoCo, Dieng will be traded. Young players will get more minutes in 2nd half of the season.
Bell, Vonleh wont give much in terms of points, rebounds or blocks, but they will create a solid defensive trio with KAT. Our defense will be top15.
One from Wolves will get a vote as candidate for 6th man award.
KAT will not have a big improvement in terms of numbers, but will control both defense and offense.
Napier will hit more than one clutch shot.

Lol

Double lol
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#37 » by Jedzz » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:51 pm

Is 22 wins doable? Or could we possibly wipe off a couple wins and get down to 10 please?
In line for yet another top 5/6 pick, another slow developing miss.

Gotta lose a few to Kings, Hawks, Hornets in upcoming games. Don't you dare win now after making us sit through all this losing.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,456

Post#38 » by Foye » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:47 am

Here is my predicition for the offseason:

Our 1st round pick gets traded for D'Angelo Russell.

Our first then turns out a superstar or is trade bait for Golden State to acquire another superstar either this or next offseason.
With our help, aGolden State is back at the top of the Western Conference standings.

Meanwhile, we continue to be an utterly mediocre team relying on big scoring games from KAT, Wiggins and Russell while hovering just below the .500 mark.
Dalvin
Rookie
And1: 860

Post#39 » by Dalvin » Fri Feb 7, 2020 12:54 am

Dalvin wrote:How many wins this season?: Enough to get into the playoffs

MVP of the team besides KAT: Wiggins (He has to step up as the 2nd top guy if we're going to have a chance to be in the playoffs)

Scapegoat of the team (person who gets the most blame when things go wrong): Jeff Teague (he's my first person to blame ever since he was taken in to replace Rubio)

Most disappointing player: Jeff Teague (Not Rubio, still disappointed)

Most surprising player: Culver (He needs to be a good contributor and exceed our expectations)

Most improved player on the wolves: Wiggins (Again, he has to step up)

Timbewolves Rookie of the year (The best new member of the timberwolves organization): Culver

NBA Rookie of the Year: Culver (Definitely a homer pick lol)

BOLD PREDICTIONS

Teague is traded for Rubio once it is possible (I'm definitely a Rubio fanboy second, since Timberwolves team fan come first :D )
NBA Champs 2020. Book it. 8-)

Guess I was proven wrong on my first bold prediction. The other one is still possible :lol:
32 game winning streak with the new roster has us finishing with a record of 47-35 and being in the playoffs upsetting upper seeds on our way to a championship :D
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#40 » by KGdaBom » Sat Feb 8, 2020 12:49 pm

Dewey wrote:Wins: 32
Scapegoat: Rosas
MVP of Team: RoCo
Most disappointing: Wiggins
Most surprising: Napier
Bold prediction: Wolves will swing and miss on significant deadline trade.

You definitely got your bold prediction wrong if you meant that we wouldn't make one. I hope you got it wrong if swing and miss meant that we would make a bad trade. :D

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves