minimus wrote:Interesting fact: DEN are 15th of 16 bubble teams in terms of pace. Which seems understandable because Jokic might be the less athletic center in entire NBA and whole DEN offense is built around Serbian. There are a lot of similarities between KAT/DLo and Jokic/Murray, however I don't see us playing such a slow pace, moreover I see us running at full speed. I don't see us playing Millsap type of PF next to KAT, I am wondering whether recent Vanderbilt praise from Rosas and Ryan might be a good indication of what type of PF they want.
After first game DEN vs LAL, I think that the best direction for us is to make this team even more dynamic
. Let me explain. I think dynamic offense means combination of following things:
* - multiple shooters on the floor who create centers of gravity on perimeter, creating opportunities for off-ball movement
* - multiple ballhandlers
and passers on the floor who facilitate, move the ball
* - mobile, versatile big man who can score both down low, from 3pt or by slashing, rolling to the basket
* - big 3&D wings who can defend in space
Saying this I think we already have a solid foundation for it
* - Beasley, Juancho, DLo, KAT, JMac, Reid, Layman are shooters.
* - DLo, KAT, JMac can pass
* - KAT is an elite offensive minded big man, Reid might develop into the same type of big man
* - Layman is a big wing, Culver has potential to be 3&D
We clearly must to re-sign at least Beasley, JMac. If possible, re-sign Juancho and Martin. But even if we re-sign them to team-friendly deals, we need to add a few players. Here is the list of players I would get to fill these needs:
1) one high potential ballhandler - Killian Hayes (FRP)
2) one big wing 3&D - Jae Crowder (full MLE)
3) one mobile, athletic PF - Vanderbilt (develop and insert in rotation)
4) defensive minded backup big man Xavier Tillman (#17 pick)
Let compare this with:
I like KAT-Crowder-Culver-Beasley-DLo starting five, I also like high scoring bench mod Reid-Juancho-Layman-Okogie-Hayes, and third string defensive minded five Tillman-Vanderblit-Martin-Nowell-JMac.