ImageImageImage

2020 NBA Draft prospects

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

Norseman79
Senior
Posts: 552
And1: 152
Joined: Jul 26, 2017
     

2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#1 » by Norseman79 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:44 pm

Never too early right?

So much depends on how they use Culver, the year Wiggins has, and how much reshaping Rosas has to do.

G's I currently am interested in the French guys Theo Maledon and Killian Hayes, great pairings with Culver. Obviously there are other prospects, but I like their size and potential.

W's Currently, McDaniels, Smith, and Achiuwa fit the mold of what I believe the Wolves are looking for.

C Wiseman. He is only here in the event that things go horribly wrong and we need a total reset because Kat pulls a Davis and wants out. Of course, if that happens, Covington and Wiggins will be leaving as well.

Who are you guys keeping an eye on this year?
wesleyt95
Rookie
Posts: 1,148
And1: 273
Joined: Sep 23, 2018
 

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#2 » by wesleyt95 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:41 pm

Isaiah Stewart
wesleyt95
Rookie
Posts: 1,148
And1: 273
Joined: Sep 23, 2018
 

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#3 » by wesleyt95 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:42 pm

He's a freshman at U of Washington... 6'9 240lb PF, has post game, 3pt range and can defend 2-5
KGdaBom
General Manager
Posts: 8,666
And1: 1,891
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#4 » by KGdaBom » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:55 pm

Norseman79 wrote:Never too early right?

So much depends on how they use Culver, the year Wiggins has, and how much reshaping Rosas has to do.

G's I currently am interested in the French guys Theo Maledon and Killian Hayes, great pairings with Culver. Obviously there are other prospects, but I like their size and potential.

W's Currently, McDaniels, Smith, and Achiuwa fit the mold of what I believe the Wolves are looking for.

C Wiseman. He is only here in the event that things go horribly wrong and we need a total reset because Kat pulls a Davis and wants out. Of course, if that happens, Covington and Wiggins will be leaving as well.

Who are you guys keeping an eye on this year?

Stop with the KAT pulling a Davis $hit. He's in the first year of a 5 year contract. :banghead:

Also Wiggins won't be leaving, because nobody will want him.
Norseman79
Senior
Posts: 552
And1: 152
Joined: Jul 26, 2017
     

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#5 » by Norseman79 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:52 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:Never too early right?

So much depends on how they use Culver, the year Wiggins has, and how much reshaping Rosas has to do.

G's I currently am interested in the French guys Theo Maledon and Killian Hayes, great pairings with Culver. Obviously there are other prospects, but I like their size and potential.

W's Currently, McDaniels, Smith, and Achiuwa fit the mold of what I believe the Wolves are looking for.

C Wiseman. He is only here in the event that things go horribly wrong and we need a total reset because Kat pulls a Davis and wants out. Of course, if that happens, Covington and Wiggins will be leaving as well.

Who are you guys keeping an eye on this year?

Stop with the KAT pulling a Davis $hit. He's in the first year of a 5 year contract. :banghead:

Also Wiggins won't be leaving, because nobody will want him.


Dude, anything is possible. I did say if things went horribly wrong. Chill man, it ain't happening, I just like Wiseman enough to say I would take him if Kat leaves.
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 14,611
And1: 3,667
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#6 » by Mattya » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:13 pm

wesleyt95 wrote:He's a freshman at U of Washington... 6'9 240lb PF, has post game, 3pt range and can defend 2-5


From what I have seen and read about him he isn’t guarding 2s or 3s and his shot is still a work in progress. Nbadraft.net even says his free throw shooting is in the 60s. Can you show me something you have found that shows differently?
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 14,611
And1: 3,667
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#7 » by Mattya » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:17 pm

Lamelo Ball looks really good to me. Hayes looks like a blur to me. He has tons of potential. Cole Anthony and James Wiseman will be interesting to watch as well.
wesleyt95
Rookie
Posts: 1,148
And1: 273
Joined: Sep 23, 2018
 

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#8 » by wesleyt95 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:42 pm

Mattya wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:He's a freshman at U of Washington... 6'9 240lb PF, has post game, 3pt range and can defend 2-5


From what I have seen and read about him he isn’t guarding 2s or 3s and his shot is still a work in progress. Nbadraft.net even says his free throw shooting is in the 60s. Can you show me something you have found that shows differently?

Show dese nutz
SmokeyPaw
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,729
And1: 871
Joined: May 14, 2016
 

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#9 » by SmokeyPaw » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:42 pm

The draft appears top heavy in ball handlers. Tankathon's top 8 includes 5 pgs, Edwards (likely primary option, and Ajevda ( point forward). Then you have Maxey, Hayes, Ayo, Tre and Halliburton all listed in the top 30. So I'm primarily interested im seeing how this group develops over the season.
wesleyt95
Rookie
Posts: 1,148
And1: 273
Joined: Sep 23, 2018
 

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#10 » by wesleyt95 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:42 pm

Lmao
wesleyt95
Rookie
Posts: 1,148
And1: 273
Joined: Sep 23, 2018
 

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#11 » by wesleyt95 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:46 pm

He's athletic enough to guard wings and most prospects need work on shooting, I'm not saying he's a 3 pt specialist but he can knock down an open 3
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 14,611
And1: 3,667
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#12 » by Mattya » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:59 pm

wesleyt95 wrote:
Mattya wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:He's a freshman at U of Washington... 6'9 240lb PF, has post game, 3pt range and can defend 2-5


From what I have seen and read about him he isn’t guarding 2s or 3s and his shot is still a work in progress. Nbadraft.net even says his free throw shooting is in the 60s. Can you show me something you have found that shows differently?

Show dese nutz


I don’t see anything there mam.
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 14,611
And1: 3,667
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#13 » by Mattya » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:00 pm

wesleyt95 wrote:He's athletic enough to guard wings and most prospects need work on shooting, I'm not saying he's a 3 pt specialist but he can knock down an open 3


Based on?

Let me guess, deez nuts?
KGdaBom
General Manager
Posts: 8,666
And1: 1,891
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#14 » by KGdaBom » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:19 pm

Norseman79 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:Never too early right?

So much depends on how they use Culver, the year Wiggins has, and how much reshaping Rosas has to do.

G's I currently am interested in the French guys Theo Maledon and Killian Hayes, great pairings with Culver. Obviously there are other prospects, but I like their size and potential.

W's Currently, McDaniels, Smith, and Achiuwa fit the mold of what I believe the Wolves are looking for.

C Wiseman. He is only here in the event that things go horribly wrong and we need a total reset because Kat pulls a Davis and wants out. Of course, if that happens, Covington and Wiggins will be leaving as well.

Who are you guys keeping an eye on this year?

Stop with the KAT pulling a Davis $hit. He's in the first year of a 5 year contract. :banghead:

Also Wiggins won't be leaving, because nobody will want him.


Dude, anything is possible. I did say if things went horribly wrong. Chill man, it ain't happening, I just like Wiseman enough to say I would take him if Kat leaves.

I'm not going to let KAT leaving posts go unchallenged. Not going to chill about that $hit. Sorry.
wesleyt95
Rookie
Posts: 1,148
And1: 273
Joined: Sep 23, 2018
 

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#15 » by wesleyt95 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:36 pm

Mattya wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:He's athletic enough to guard wings and most prospects need work on shooting, I'm not saying he's a 3 pt specialist but he can knock down an open 3


Based on?

Let me guess, deez nuts?

Based on aau footage that's all over YouTube
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 14,611
And1: 3,667
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#16 » by Mattya » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:47 pm

wesleyt95 wrote:
Mattya wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:He's athletic enough to guard wings and most prospects need work on shooting, I'm not saying he's a 3 pt specialist but he can knock down an open 3


Based on?

Let me guess, deez nuts?

Based on aau footage that's all over YouTube


Well then it shouldn’t be difficult to provide a link. It would probably take less time than trolling.
wesleyt95
Rookie
Posts: 1,148
And1: 273
Joined: Sep 23, 2018
 

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#17 » by wesleyt95 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:46 pm

User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 14,611
And1: 3,667
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#18 » by Mattya » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:08 pm

wesleyt95 wrote:


I saw one high school three in this entire highlight real.

In reality he doesn't seem to even be a 70% free throw shooter yet.
KGdaBom
General Manager
Posts: 8,666
And1: 1,891
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#19 » by KGdaBom » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:14 pm

Mattya wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:


I saw one high school three in this entire highlight real.

In reality he doesn't seem to even be a 70% free throw shooter yet.

I was half asleep while watching, but seemed like he had a lot of dunks and scoring for one game. Do you have his stat line?
wesleyt95
Rookie
Posts: 1,148
And1: 273
Joined: Sep 23, 2018
 

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#20 » by wesleyt95 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:43 pm

Mattya wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:


I saw one high school three in this entire highlight real.

In reality he doesn't seem to even be a 70% free throw shooter yet.

His form looked smooth and that was 6 months ago and he has another 9 to improve...

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves