ImageImageImage

2020 NBA Draft prospects

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,351

Re: 2020 NBA Draft prospects 

Post#81 » by Mattya » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:51 am

I don't know how Precious doesn't get more hype. Not much of a offensive weapon outside of rolls, off ball play, and hustle plays. I think he has some potential to improve his floor spacing as he does seem to really get good arc on his shot. His rebounding, shot blocking, steals, physicality, and hustle are really interesting though.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,217

Post#82 » by Neeva » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:51 am

This draft class just seems to get weaker and weaker:/
Mattya
RealGM

Post#83 » by Mattya » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:02 am

Neeva wrote:This draft class just seems to get weaker and weaker:/

I have stopped listening to the strong/weak draft talk. There are good players to be had in every draft. There might not be a clear cut superstar #1 pick, but there are a bunch of interesting players.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#84 » by minimus » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:33 pm

Will a draft pick such as Haliburton or RJ Hampton justify current hidden tanking?

I think that possbility of drafting a solid PG is very high, even in worst case scenario we will be able to draft Hayes, Maledon, Tre Jones.

I like Killian Hayes upside. Even without big trade we should play a lot better next year without Teague. I wish we can get Haliburton , but lets assume that we get Hayes: big, creative PG with both defensive and offensive potential. We need some luck to be able to find defensive minded PF, my top choice would be Jerami Grant for 40mil/3yrs. Resign Napier, Martin and one of Bell/Vonleh

KAT/Reid/Vonleh
Grant/Layman/KBD
RoCo/KBD/Martin
Culver/Okogie/Martin
Wiggins/Hayes/Napier

Tre Jones is another guy I would draft in 15-20. Solid defender, facilitator. I think we could use such type of PG (or maybe I miss Tyus)
minimus
RealGM

Post#85 » by minimus » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:46 pm

Impressive prospect. Shooting potential, good athlete and creativity
minimus
RealGM

Post#86 » by minimus » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:50 pm

Low release but he is already trying stepback 3s.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,194

Post#87 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:54 pm

I know everyone is focused on PG, but to me, I think unless we get a Top 4 pick, I think I'd maybe rather look at the SF/PF role.

I'm liking Obi right now.....

tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,194

Post#88 » by Klomp » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:40 am

Something to consider about the PGs though...

I would like to look at guys who don't necessarily get the hype. Guys who come on strong in their last year and climb up the draft charts.

After his second season (of three) at Davidson, DX said Steph Curry "could maybe sneak into the back of the first round." I don't know when he really started picking up draft steam, but I don't think it was going into his junior season. I think it was during the actual season that he shot up the draft boards due to his production rather than due to hype.

Same could be said for guards like Damian Lillard, Ja Morant, Russell Westbrook. All are guys who didn't necessarily have the hype going into the college season, but performed their way into draft lottery conversations.

I'm willing to admit that this isn't a foolproof method though (Kris Dunn, Cameron Payne, Elfrid Payton, Jonny Flynn come to mind). Still, I feel like there are tons of PGs over the years who don't live up to draft hype (more accurately, college preseason hype), maybe more than any other position. Yet they're still drafted high because everyone is always searching for that franchise PG. Guys like Brandon Knight, Kendall Marshall, Trey Burke, Michael Carter-Williams, Emanuel Mudiay, Dennis Smith Jr, Collin Sexton all stayed high in draft rankings because that's where they were slotted before the season.

With that in mind, a couple of guys I'm going to keep my eye on going forward include Myles Powell, Jared Butler, Grant Riller and Joel Ayayi. Various levels of hype and likely draft ceilings, but intriguing names to monitor.

I'm not saying all hyped PGs should be off-limits. There are guys who were hyped going into the college season, performed well, were drafted highly and performed at the NBA level. I don't have a problem drafting someone in that category. Rose, Irving, Walker, Conley and Paul are a few of the names in this category. But it's the in-season production that usually sells it for me.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
gandlogo
Junior
And1: 373

Post#89 » by gandlogo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:12 am

Klomp wrote:I know everyone is focused on PG, but to me, I think unless we get a Top 4 pick, I think I'd maybe rather look at the SF/PF role.

Yup. Toppin is toppin' my wish list. Great handle for his size (another late growing player that was more of a guard in high school). Very good shooter. Rebounds very well. Legit size/frame. And check out his steals and blocks. Culver, Wiggs, RoCo, Tobbin, and KAT. Length, switchability, floor spacing. Doesn't solve the "problem" of the number one option being a ball dominant guard, but it could be a really balanced team.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#90 » by Jedzz » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:31 am

Klomp wrote:I know everyone is focused on PG, but to me, I think unless we get a Top 4 pick, I think I'd maybe rather look at the SF/PF role.

TS% of .666. That fits because this team is hell.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#91 » by Jedzz » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:33 am

gandlogo wrote:

Yup. Toppin is toppin' my wish list. Great handle for his size (another late growing player that was more of a guard in high school). Very good shooter. Rebounds very well. Legit size/frame. And check out his steals and blocks. Culver, Wiggs, RoCo, Tobbin, and KAT. Length, switchability, floor spacing. Doesn't solve the "problem" of the number one option being a ball dominant guard, but it could be a really balanced team.
Switch wiggins to Point and you might have a winner.
minimus
RealGM

Post#92 » by minimus » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:44 am

If we trade RoCo for Russell I can see us filling PF/SF with comboforward from draft or low profile defender such as Aminu or Jerami Grant.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#93 » by Neeva » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:11 pm

O

If we got lucky and ended up with a top four pick and atlanta moved down to 6th or lower I’d honestly trade down with them. Maybe get our pg and pf if toppin falls a bit to 15/16 because of his age. I’m not a fan of ball, edwards or anthony at all..and with Kat we dont need wiseman.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,931

Post#94 » by KGdaBom » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:34 pm

Neeva wrote:

O

If we got lucky and ended up with a top four pick and atlanta moved down to 6th or lower I’d honestly trade down with them. Maybe get our pg and pf if toppin falls a bit to 15/16 because of his age. I’m not a fan of ball, edwards or anthony at all..and with Kat we dont need wiseman.

They way I hear it I would like to have Wiseman regardless of KAT.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#95 » by Norseman79 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:56 pm

Wiseman is a dream. Too good to be true that we could land him.

Wiggins - I want to see if this trip double starts reflecting a new Wig, interested to watch stat sheets moving forward.
Culver
Roco
Towns
Wiseman
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#96 » by vagelis » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:50 pm

I think that he has huge potential. Great size, quickness and athleticism.
He will be in the top 3-5 picks in my opinion. Lamelo, Wiseman and this guy have impressed me so far but I have not seen a lot of players
Mattya
RealGM

Post#97 » by Mattya » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:53 pm

Neeva
Head Coach

Post#98 » by Neeva » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:13 pm

He is slated to go late Lottery. his age will make him slide.. turns 22 soon.

vagelis wrote:

He will be in the top 3-5 picks in my opinion. Lamelo, Wiseman and this guy have impressed me so far but I have not seen a lot of players
Mattya
RealGM

Post#99 » by Mattya » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:17 pm

Avdija, Toppin, Achiuwa, McDaniels, Josh Green, Paul Reed are the prospect I keep my eye on right now outside of the top of the draft.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,931

Post#100 » by KGdaBom » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:09 pm

Neeva wrote:He is slated to go late Lottery. his age will make him slide.. turns 22 soon.

vagelis wrote:

I am totally OK with his age making him slide to us. People get way too caught up in age.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves