ImageImageImage

Karl-Anthony-Towns-Keep-Sleeping-On-Wolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Loyal[]Wolf
Bench Warmer
And1: 455

Re: Karl-Anthony-Towns-Keep-Sleeping-On-Wolves 

Post#21 » by Loyal[]Wolf » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:55 am

Nothing impressive about the Wolves in the preseason. Lots of missed shots, and sloppy play. Maybe Towns and the team are saving it all for the regular season. If not, the whole NBA will be laughing at that statement by Towns.
wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#22 » by wesleyt95 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:14 am

KGdaBom wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:
beezy wrote:We are a 35-40 win team. Getting above 40 wins will require much luck. The rah-rah culture type stuff feels good and gives the illusion of winning before the regular season but lack of talent will sink us. The team is headed in the right direction though. Rosas will be a star I think.

We dont have the horses rn, a Roco trade could get us there

If we don't have the horses now it's almost certain we won't have the horses after trading away RoCo. Are you still in favor of sending him out for a roll of used Toilet Paper?

No I'm in favor of sending out a horse in his prime for 2 young horses... that can actually run with Culver for his career at the right time
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,815

Post#23 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:58 am

wesleyt95 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:We dont have the horses rn, a Roco trade could get us there

If we don't have the horses now it's almost certain we won't have the horses after trading away RoCo. Are you still in favor of sending him out for a roll of used Toilet Paper?

No I'm in favor of sending out a horse in his prime for 2 young horses... that can actually run with Culver for his career at the right time

I'd much rather have a great horse in his prime than 2 young ones who have Secretariat in their blood line, but have never done anything. Go RoCo.
wesleyt95
Rookie

Post#24 » by wesleyt95 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:24 am

KGdaBom wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:If we don't have the horses now it's almost certain we won't have the horses after trading away RoCo. Are you still in favor of sending him out for a roll of used Toilet Paper?

I'd much rather have a great horse in his prime than 2 young ones who have Secretariat in their blood line, but have never done anything. Go RoCo.

Get real... you're overrating him
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#25 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:46 am

wesleyt95 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:No I'm in favor of sending out a horse in his prime for 2 young horses... that can actually run with Culver for his career at the right time

Get real... you're overrating him

Not according to the eye test or the numbers. He's a flat out great player. But you of course don't value him because he's pushing 30 and doesn't score 20 a game.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#26 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:30 am

I know this is the KAT thread, but since RoCo has been brought up here is the latest on RoCo from RotoWorld.

Robert Covington
SF, Minnesota Timberwolves

Robert Covington posted a 13-point, 11-rebound double-double during Thursday's exhibition, adding three 3-pointers and two steals over 22 minutes.
Covington got off to a slow start offensively, going just 1-of-3 from the field through the first half of action, but he turned things around after halftime and also finished without a single turnover. The main thing here is that RoCo looks healthy, and if he can just manage to stay on the court this season, he could easily be a top-20 guy.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#27 » by packforfreedom » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:25 am

mplsfonz23 wrote:"We have to play our game of basketball," said Towns. "It doesn’t matter about being anyone. We have to play to our standards. We have to play the way we play. We don’t have time to waste looking at other people and worrying about being the second version of this team and that team. We got to worry about being the first version of us and playing our style of basketball.

he gone :-?
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#28 » by Foye » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:05 pm

packforfreedom wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:"We have to play our game of basketball," said Towns. "It doesn’t matter about being anyone. We have to play to our standards. We have to play the way we play. We don’t have time to waste looking at other people and worrying about being the second version of this team and that team. We got to worry about being the first version of us and playing our style of basketball.

he gone :-?

He will be. Hopefully, we will be smart enough to cash in on him before it gets to the point where we are getting lowball offers only.
SCTwins
Rookie
And1: 884

Post#29 » by SCTwins » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:21 pm

KGdaBom wrote: he could easily be a top-20 guy.

A top 20 what?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,571

Post#30 » by shrink » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:26 pm

KGdaBom wrote:I know this is the KAT thread, but since RoCo has been brought up here is the latest on RoCo from RotoWorld.

Robert Covington
SF, Minnesota Timberwolves

Robert Covington posted a 13-point, 11-rebound double-double during Thursday's exhibition, adding three 3-pointers and two steals over 22 minutes.
Covington got off to a slow start offensively, going just 1-of-3 from the field through the first half of action, but he turned things around after halftime and also finished without a single turnover. The main thing here is that RoCo looks healthy, and if he can just manage to stay on the court this season, he could easily be a top-20 guy.

To be fair, this is RotoWorld, so they mean a top 20 guy in roto fantasy, where blocks and steals are far harder to come by. On the other hand, roto does not count his defense, where he may be a top 5 player in the nba, or his contract, which is also one of the best in basketball.

I agree with the sentiment. I’m not sure he is all the way up to a top overall 20 player, but he is usually under-rated with the word “role player” thrown on top of him for justification. It’s true he’s a role player, but his statistical impact on a team next to a star (like Townsj can be up at the Top 20 level. In the last three years, in overall RPM, he’s been #25, #8, and even #37 in his limited last season. Last year on the Trade Board, he flirted with being a top 25 guy.

Getting back to the topic of the thread, if he and Towns had even an average team behind them, KAT would be right - people would be under-estimating them. However, with all the youth and lack of depth, even RoCo and KAT will likely be unable to keep us out of the lottery during this development year.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#31 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:02 pm

SCTwins wrote:
KGdaBom wrote: he could easily be a top-20 guy.

A top 20 what?

Player. What Else?
Or top 20 fantasy player.
He has a HUGE impact on winning or losing.
wesleyt95
Rookie

Post#32 » by wesleyt95 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:16 pm

A team with RoCo as its 2nd best player is a team headed to Lotto, he's a background guy
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#33 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:59 pm

wesleyt95 wrote:A team with RoCo as its 2nd best player is a team headed to Lotto, he's a background guy

You claim to be a Wolves fan yet you have nothing, but disdain for a very good player and our second best player. You would give him away for basically nothing. A team with RoCo as the second best player and very good 3rd 4th and 5th best players could win it all.
wesleyt95
Rookie

Post#34 » by wesleyt95 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:05 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:A team with RoCo as its 2nd best player is a team headed to Lotto, he's a background guy

You claim to be a Wolves fan yet you have nothing, but disdain for a very good player and our second best player. You would give him away for basically nothing. A team with RoCo as the second best player and very good 3rd 4th and 5th best players could win it all.

Where did I say I'd give him away for nothing? Are u crazy? A team led by Towns so far is headed to the Lotto too until proven otherwise... Covingtons played like 25 games for us, Towns gets numbers but isn't a proven winner so fans need to stop acting like we have so much to lose. We need talent asap...
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#35 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:13 pm

wesleyt95 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Where did I say I'd give him away for nothing? Are u crazy? A team led by Towns so far is headed to the Lotto too until proven otherwise... Covingtons played like 25 games for us, Towns gets numbers but isn't a proven winner so fans need to stop acting like we have so much to lose. We need talent asap...

IIRC you posted a multitude of trade ideas sending RoCo for almost nothing in return. I may be mistaken, but you had us trading him for Anfernee Simons straight up at one time. Later IIRC you recanted on that one. I just dropped Simons in my fantasy league as it looks like he won't be getting even 20 minutes a game for Portland. I dropped him in a league 208 players deep, but you wanted us to trade RoCo for him. I know he is stuck behind Lillard and McCollum, but if he really had the skills they would find a way to get him on the court. Why don't you just admit that you despise him (exaggeration) and get it out in the open. Your trade proposals are all the proof I need to know that you hold extremely little regard for him.
wesleyt95
Rookie

Post#36 » by wesleyt95 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:46 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:You claim to be a Wolves fan yet you have nothing, but disdain for a very good player and our second best player. You would give him away for basically nothing. A team with RoCo as the second best player and very good 3rd 4th and 5th best players could win it all.

IIRC you posted a multitude of trade ideas sending RoCo for almost nothing in return. I may be mistaken, but you had us trading him for Anfernee Simons straight up at one time. Later IIRC you recanted on that one. I just dropped Simons in my fantasy league as it looks like he won't be getting even 20 minutes a game for Portland. I dropped him in a league 208 players deep, but you wanted us to trade RoCo for him. I know he is stuck behind Lillard and McCollum, but if he really had the skills they would find a way to get him on the court. Why don't you just admit that you despise him (exaggeration) and get it out in the open. Your trade proposals are all the proof I need to know that you hold extremely little regard for him.

I have nothing against him but you guys are attached like he's done so much for this franchise, he hasn't even played half a season for us yet we want to crown him... he's a solid piece but both sides could benefit from a trade get out of your emotions
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#37 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:44 pm

wesleyt95 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
wesleyt95 wrote:Where did I say I'd give him away for nothing? Are u crazy? A team led by Towns so far is headed to the Lotto too until proven otherwise... Covingtons played like 25 games for us, Towns gets numbers but isn't a proven winner so fans need to stop acting like we have so much to lose. We need talent asap...

I have nothing against him but you guys are attached like he's done so much for this franchise, he hasn't even played half a season for us yet we want to crown him... he's a solid piece but both sides could benefit from a trade get out of your emotions

No emotions. You just act like he is virtually worthless. You would give him away for let's say NAW or Herro right? Any young player who shows any potential at all and you would send him packing. Way, way, way below market value.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves