ImageImageImage

Another Preseason Game: Minnesota at Indiana (6 pm, No TV)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Re: Another Preseason Game: Minnesota at Indiana (6 pm, No TV) 

Post#121 » by wesleyt95 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:43 pm

theGreatRC wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:Culver
Wiggs
Cov
Bell
Kat

I really want to see them play as a unit at some point during the preseason.

This sounds like a dope lineup. If KAT/Wiggs can go back to being that 24ppg a piece duo they were the year before Butler came, they can work with a lineup like this

They didnt have guys like Culver and RoCo on the roster that year. Wiggins won't ever have that much of a burden
wesleyt95
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#122 » by wesleyt95 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Culver is probably better and I wouldn't be surprised if he's outscoring him before their contracts expire
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#123 » by minimus » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:59 pm

BTW Bitadze is going to be a good palyer
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#124 » by Dewey » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:39 pm

Wiggins needs to find a groove ... 1-7, 2-9, 4-14, etc. type scoring offense is D-League material. To top it off, he rarely has any assists, rebounds, or steals to offset poor shooting. This many years in the league you'd think he can identify ways to put the ball in the basket even if it's offensive rebounds/put-backs. They need to seriously consider him on the second unit and force him to earn his way back as a starter. :dontknow:
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#125 » by Jedzz » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:16 pm

Wiggins used the glass once in this game. The previous game he kicked one out. These are baby steps. Imagine what he does now with his free starters minutes. Maybe he does both in one game. Oolala. I have faith.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#126 » by Jedzz » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:21 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:Culver yam

Read on Twitter

Watch what happens to everyone else instead of what Culvers doing. All the Wolves look open to me. I would love it if they attempted 50 of these a game. Fake the other 50 possessions and kick out for as many open looks you want from 3. Oh wait, that's just an extreme version of the Warriors offense. Silly me.

Kat can draw that attention. Wiggins can when he decides to. Okogie even clears his own lane. Think Covington couldn't? Who else? Culver now. Bell? Let's do this simple thing they call modern. Last I heard Bell once beat Curry in a 3pt contest or a game of horse. Why not?

Call me old fashioned and unmodern, but I prefer the play that actually did happen vs the kick out for the three.

Not sure what you are sayin. I''m asking for 50 of both. 100 possessions of it.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,666

Post#127 » by Calinks » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:58 pm

If Wiggins isn't using his athleticism he is gimped. He needs to get back to slinging jams and attacking. I supposed his weak handle holds him back there but he needs to try and find ways to use his physical tools to get buckets like he used to.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#128 » by Jedzz » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:03 am

Calinks wrote:If Wiggins isn't using his athleticism he is gimped. He needs to get back to slinging jams and attacking. I supposed his weak handle holds him back there but he needs to try and find ways to use his physical tools to get buckets like he used to.

Slashing and collecting the well setup pass so he doesn't need the handles to get in himself. From whom is the question. Ball movement by all perhaps.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves