ImageImageImage

Wolves 2019-2020 City Edition Jerseys?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Wolf of Ball St
Junior
And1: 519

Wolves 2019-2020 City Edition Jerseys? 

Post#1 » by Wolf of Ball St » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:00 pm

Anyone have intel on whether the Wolves are bringing back the purple this year? I thought there’d be an opportunity for the Wolves to do almost like a Miami Vice Nights-esque series (first the white, then black, then sunset Vice, now this year teal) with the Prince theme, or even a special court.

Other looks I thought would be cool to see this year:

- MPLS jerseys (though I don’t know whether there’s any trademark/legal issues between the Wolves and Lakers that would prevent Minnesota from wearing MPLS)

- Early 90’s away jerseys (more of a classic than a city look)

Thoughts?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,925

Re: Wolves 2019-2020 City Edition Jerseys? 

Post#2 » by Klomp » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:17 pm

Wolf of Ball St wrote:Anyone have intel on whether the Wolves are bringing back the purple this year? I thought there’d be an opportunity for the Wolves to do almost like a Miami Vice Nights-esque series (first the white, then black, then sunset Vice, now this year teal) with the Prince theme, or even a special court.

Other looks I thought would be cool to see this year:

- MPLS jerseys (though I don’t know whether there’s any trademark/legal issues between the Wolves and Lakers that would prevent Minnesota from wearing MPLS)

- Early 90’s away jerseys (more of a classic than a city look)

Thoughts?

I've heard the purple (and white too) Prince jerseys will not be back, nor will the black throwbacks. We've got the white, the blue, the neon green, and one more we don't know about yet (the city edition).
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

Post#3 » by Calinks » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:16 pm

I doubt anything they can be better than the Prince Jerseys or they grey ones before them
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#4 » by King Malta » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:28 am

Calinks wrote:I doubt anything they can be better than the Prince Jerseys or they grey ones before them

(Potentially) Unpopular Opinions That I Have: the Prince colour scheme/Unis should be the franchise's default look.
Wolf of Ball St
Junior
And1: 519

Post#5 » by Wolf of Ball St » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:23 pm

King Malta wrote:
Calinks wrote:I doubt anything they can be better than the Prince Jerseys or they grey ones before them

(Potentially) Unpopular Opinions That I Have: the Prince colour scheme/Unis should be the franchise's default look.

Not unpopular, I really liked that color scheme. When they went through their most recent logo design and jersey change, I thought they missed a big opportunity. The logo is legit, but the jersey design is so poor. And the neon green is the wrong shade of green. Would have been better if they brought back the shade of green from the mid 90s. Here’s hoping for a sweet city theme!
SCTwins
Rookie
And1: 884

Post#6 » by SCTwins » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:09 pm

King Malta wrote:

Well... I have never purchased any sports-related clothing since I was in high school, until last year I ordered one of the Purple Reign Nike hoodies. I love that color scheme and the Prince tie-in.

However, I disagree that they should be our default look. To me, we have never gotten the colors right for this team... Timberwolves= grey, Forest = Green, Land of 10,000 Lakes = Blue. Nobody else in the NBA has that color scheme. Am I thinking too simple here?

Also, just for the record, I absolutely hated our "new branding" last year. It was basically a Seattle Seahawks ripoff, and our jerseys look like practice jerseys now. We still haven't come close to topping the KG-era look with the Pine trees on the neck line, but I still never understood where the black came from. Grey, Green, Blue, maybe a little touch of white... I mean, the colors are right there in our own logo.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves