ImageImageImage

Game 26: Minnesota Timberwolves (10-15) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (6-22) - 8:00 PM ET

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,700

Re: Game 26: Minnesota Timberwolves (10-15) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (6-22) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#161 » by Shaka_Zulu » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:42 am

post0115 wrote:Okogie should not start

4 out of our 5 starters this game should never start.

All of them been garbaggio.
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer

Re: Game 26: Minnesota Timberwolves (10-15) vs. New Orleans Pelicans (6-22) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#162 » by Shaka_Zulu » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:44 am

Varejao17 wrote:I’m a soccer fan here in Brasil, we are very very passionate over here (my team is Vasco da Gama btw). So, I really cant stand how those players can be so careless and uninterested and the fans in the build doesnt seem to care at all either. I know the cultures are different and I respect that, but it just pisses me off!

As primarily a football (soccer) fanatic too and basketball being a distant 2nd, it pisses me the f off to see this too. Especially Teague, if he was playing football professionally and stinking it up THIS MUCH, he would be booed out of the stadium by his own fans long time ago. Inexcusable...The fact he is getting 19m a year for this is a travesty...
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#163 » by Jedzz » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:32 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Dewey wrote:37.9% FG
25.6% 3pt
63.0% FT’s
All you need to know.

It’s always a huge disappointment when you’re reminded that you don’t have the horses to pick up the slack when one of the players are out ... on your home floor. Not good.

Trade values dropping.

We dont have a next man up.

Kat or wiggs give you almost 30, even when one is down.

Who else steps up that can drop 20+.

We have a bunch of role player types that cant get buckets.

Layman goes down, again we dont have options for players to step up. Someone who can consistently get 10 off the bench while not being horrible on defense.

The thing is, they are all terrible on defense. All our starters now, all the bench players. None of them are consitent defenders. At best it comes and goes, but the lows are amazingly low and the highs seem high only in contrast. So I'm sick of the excuses that we can't play this person or that person yet because of fear of their defense. The team allows 120-140 almsot every game anyway.

Because of this I choose to out score opponents and let that be their best defense. Let the demoralizing loss of confidence fall upon the opponent trying to chase us, instead of us always playing from behind. Play the shooters. Sit the fakers. In time if defense comes, great. Until then, keep scoring.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#164 » by Jedzz » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:40 am

Calinks wrote:Don't have the talent. Now extreme work ethic and confidence can make up for a lot of that be our confidence is shot too. Early in the year everyone bought in and were playing at a super high level. That's not the case anymore and it shows. A talented team would still be able to get it done on most night even if they weren't playing at their peak.

All it takes is having just enough shooters to have at least one a game that can hold his own and pull the team out of the lulls. A quick couple threes revs up the whole team and all of a sudden more shots are completed by everyone. But when the team only has a couple barely average shooters at best, those one or two guys aren't hitting them and it becomes a collapse. Nobody home to pick everyone up.

To say we don't have them when they have a few in the gleague isn't fair to say yet. They just aren't allowing them to develop on this level. So they don't know yet. Send Culver back down to Gleague to develop there and give someone else a chance. Send Okogie down to develop his shooting and give another guy a chance. This is how we find out if we have none, or some.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#165 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:19 pm

Shaka_Zulu wrote:

I disagree.
KAT, Roco and Wiggins Can start on just about any team.
We need a 4, and a non-rock pounding PG that can shoot.
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer

Post#166 » by Shaka_Zulu » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:15 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
Shaka_Zulu wrote:

I disagree.

When I said this game, I meant those who started this game (not usual starters), Wiggins was only acceptable starter. Teague, Okogie, Graham and Dieng was infuriating (Dieng has to be the meekest big ever, getting punked physically by guards). The level of insane awful efficient offense by this games "starters" was bizzare. Even when Wiggins opened up open lanes for them with kickouts, they managed to screw it up every damn time.

For the love of God Kat, never get injured again.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#167 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:59 pm

Shaka_Zulu wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
Shaka_Zulu wrote:

I disagree.

When I said this game, I meant those who started this game (not usual starters), Wiggins was only acceptable starter. Teague, Okogie, Graham and Dieng was infuriating (Dieng has to be the meekest big ever, getting punked physically by guards). The level of insane awful efficient offense by this games "starters" was bizzare. Even when Wiggins opened up open lanes for them with kickouts, they managed to screw it up every damn time.

For the love of God Kat, never get injured again.
Ok Gotcha.
And for the love of the basketball Gods, KAT doesn't look at our team and future and ask out next week.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#168 » by PerkinsFor3 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:26 pm

PerkinsFor3 wrote:Nowell could do that.

Nowell gon do that.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves