ImageImageImage

Game 33: Minnesota Timberwolves (12-20) @ Milwaukee Bucks (30-5) - 8:00 PM ET

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,807

Re: Game 33: Minnesota Timberwolves (12-20) @ Milwaukee Bucks (30-5) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#81 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 2, 2020 6:38 pm

Jedzz wrote:Maybe you haven't kept up with our team records with WIggins Towns over the years. Yeah, that group of two sitting out games lately.

You see additional assets for trades. So do I. Only the ones I propose trading have a fictitious value that will bring much more return.

Have you kept up with the team records of the New Orleans Pelicans? Clearly it shows they were correct in trading the fictitious value of Anthony Davis, I mean look at how the Pelicans are at the top of the league dominating everyone since the trade. Same with the Kings since trading Demarcus Cousins.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: Game 33: Minnesota Timberwolves (12-20) @ Milwaukee Bucks (30-5) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#82 » by Jedzz » Thu Jan 2, 2020 7:40 pm

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Maybe you haven't kept up with our team records with WIggins Towns over the years. Yeah, that group of two sitting out games lately.

You see additional assets for trades. So do I. Only the ones I propose trading have a fictitious value that will bring much more return.

Have you kept up with the team records of the New Orleans Pelicans? Clearly it shows they were correct in trading the fictitious value of Anthony Davis, I mean look at how the Pelicans are at the top of the league dominating everyone since the trade. Same with the Kings since trading Demarcus Cousins.

What has Cousins done since? There were reasons.
Pelicans got paid in return. It's on them what they do with those assets. Just like it would be on the Wolves making choice on returns for Towns. Pelicans are waiting on Zion. It's not like they have an empty stable now. Pels are 11-23 without Zion 9MM (0 games). Timberwolves are 12-21 with WIggins 29MM (26 games), Towns 30MM (23) games. They lost games with these players playing.

Which team is worse off? Hard to say really.

I'm under no delusion of what losing a player like Towns means, losing a star means. But he's an offensive stud at Center. That's his one and only choice of position. The team could move on if they are smart about return assets.

Many talk out of both sides when talking about trades. They want to build our bench around Towns, they want to develop from within too. But they also want to use those players with any hint of positivity to trade for others. All in trying to get a best fit around this unique player. It's a tall order, to which there could be other options. The value is through the roof for a team wanting to add him for a run to the next 4- 5 titles. We have to otherwise find the perfect player in trade to make these two Max players viable along with the rest of the team costing near nothing.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#83 » by Dewey » Thu Jan 2, 2020 7:46 pm

Jedzz wrote:
TheDominator273 wrote:This level of effort is what's needed when we get KAT and Wiggins back and we can win against anyone. We are in the game based on hustle and heart alone right now.

We won't get this level of effort and heart from them consistently. They never had to earn it like the players doing so tonight have had to.

True. High effort is fun to watch ... you can feel the "want to" and the deisre to prove themselves.

It's always been easy to confuse talented players, goo work ethics, and mentally tough competitors. Below, I listed some vague examples of players types out there. Point is - some work for everything from day 1, some discover themselves over time and develop a passion, others are handed the silver spoon without leadership, and a rare few have it all and rise to the top. Most all NBA players have talent and the physical tools, but not all have the same desire and/or mental capacity to master their craft.

Player A: Grinder ... Works butt off to get playing time, yet never really develop a unique skillset.
Player B: Achiever ... Work butt off to get playing time, improve themselves phyically, and develop a unique skillset.
Player C: Entitlist ... Never had to work for but come to expect playing time due to natural talents and phyical tools.
Player D: Underachiever ... Lack the committment to work eventhough they have known talent and physical tools.
Player E: Do'er ... Works butt off, realize/utilize talent and phyical gifts, and study the game in hopes to be the best.

Bottom-line: Cream always rises to the top. It may present itself through talent, physical tools, work ethic, or some combination. However, a lack of leadership will nullify the cause and minimize the spirit. KAT and Wiggins do not represent leadership, but needless to say, would greatly benefit from a star'ish player who holds it, respresents it, lives it, and leads it through example. We need that guy.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#84 » by Jedzz » Fri Jan 3, 2020 1:39 am

Dewey wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
TheDominator273 wrote:This level of effort is what's needed when we get KAT and Wiggins back and we can win against anyone. We are in the game based on hustle and heart alone right now.

We won't get this level of effort and heart from them consistently. They never had to earn it like the players doing so tonight have had to.

True. High effort is fun to watch ... you can feel the "want to" and the deisre to prove themselves.

It's always been easy to confuse talented players, goo work ethics, and mentally tough competitors. Below, I listed some vague examples of players types out there. Point is - some work for everything from day 1, some discover themselves over time and develop a passion, others are handed the silver spoon without leadership, and a rare few have it all and rise to the top. Most all NBA players have talent and the physical tools, but not all have the same desire and/or mental capacity to master their craft.

Player A: Grinder ... Works butt off to get playing time, yet never really develop a unique skillset.
Player B: Achiever ... Work butt off to get playing time, improve themselves phyically, and develop a unique skillset.
Player C: Entitlist ... Never had to work for but come to expect playing time due to natural talents and phyical tools.
Player D: Underachiever ... Lack the committment to work eventhough they have known talent and physical tools.
Player E: Do'er ... Works butt off, realize/utilize talent and phyical gifts, and study the game in hopes to be the best.

Bottom-line: Cream always rises to the top. It may present itself through talent, physical tools, work ethic, or some combination. However, a lack of leadership will nullify the cause and minimize the spirit. KAT and Wiggins do not represent leadership, but needless to say, would greatly benefit from a star'ish player who holds it, respresents it, lives it, and leads it through example. We need that guy.

I like that writeup. I dare say Thibs tried to bring one of those guys here. We all have different thoughts about how that went.

I'm not certain that the cream always rises to the top in this league. Wish it did. Injuries, tanking and now "resting players" are the last remaining doors of opportunity that can give these guys a chance to surface a little. Without which they may never be realized much on teams like this. Napier needs to keep running with this recent chance. See if anyone notices.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves