ImageImageImage

Game 49: Minnesota Timberwolves (15-33) @ Sacramento Kings (18-31) - 10:00 PM ET

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: Game 49: Minnesota Timberwolves (15-33) @ Sacramento Kings (18-31) - 10:00 PM ET 

Post#61 » by Jedzz » Tue Feb 4, 2020 6:57 pm

karch34 wrote:Situation with KAT is weird because he is so gifted offensively but by all metrics defensively below average.

One thing that got me irregardless is he's upset about not being an All Star, but the team has lost the last 19 games he's played in. Would having KG longer or in some capacity as a mentor gave him someone who would've made it clear how hard he had to work and be able to say shut up and keep your head down instead of whining to refs?

Does having RoCo playing out of position as safety net really help his D as much as a true rim defender does?

Does having a system where he's more focused on mixing 3s with more post play which could then open up more kick outs and getting teammates involved help?
yes yes yes probably yes and yes. Did I mention, yes?
Jedzz
RealGM

Re: Game 49: Minnesota Timberwolves (15-33) @ Sacramento Kings (18-31) - 10:00 PM ET 

Post#62 » by Jedzz » Tue Feb 4, 2020 7:02 pm

Foye wrote:
It's not in our best interest to play him as PF. Never was, never will.

Just making these blanket empty claims.
DaKid
Senior
And1: 186

Post#63 » by DaKid » Tue Feb 4, 2020 7:30 pm

Dewey wrote:Why not give KAT and Wiggins some R&R ? Give Dieng and the gang some run again. Anyway, they have to try some things that exclude KAT and Wiggins as center pieces. Make them fit in rather than having the team act as their servants

Wiggins rarely has plays ran for him anymore. It's all about KAT all the time. At the beginning of the season they were putting the ball in wiggins' hands, not anymore. Jmo, they are hitching their horse to the wrong max guy.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#64 » by Foye » Tue Feb 4, 2020 8:29 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Foye wrote:

I have explained in detail in the trade thread. No need to do it again.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#65 » by Dewey » Tue Feb 4, 2020 10:16 pm

Foye wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Foye wrote:

... but just not buying what your selling ... no biggy.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
vagelis
Starter
And1: 794

Post#66 » by vagelis » Tue Feb 4, 2020 10:36 pm

Dewey wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:
Calinks wrote:Some of it is on KAT. Absolutely, especially on defense. But the problems with the team are far more vast than KAT. He could be a lot better, that's true but the should be far far better. KAT needs to raise his game 5 more levels, the rest of the team needs to raise it 15 more levels.

If this is true, then can you please tell me why we look so much better when KAT doesn't play?

It's wierd. Seems the team stops playing basketball when KAT is on the floor and he is THE focus. They back away and become less involved. When Dieng is on the floor, they stay engaged. Sounds dumb, I really can't explain it, but I believe their is something to it.

In the start of the season Wiggins was the first option together with Towns in offense taking the more shots, taking the clutch shots and taking a lot of touches.
Then for whatever reason the team decided to make Towns the clear first option and Wiggins is not consindered as the second option right now. Nappier is the second option.
The result is that we became the worst team in NBA.
DaKid
Senior

Post#67 » by DaKid » Tue Feb 4, 2020 10:43 pm

vagelis wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:
If this is true, then can you please tell me why we look so much better when KAT doesn't play?

It's wierd. Seems the team stops playing basketball when KAT is on the floor and he is THE focus. They back away and become less involved. When Dieng is on the floor, they stay engaged. Sounds dumb, I really can't explain it, but I believe their is something to it.

In the start of the season Wiggins was the first option together with Towns in offense taking the more shots, taking the clutch shots and taking a lot of touches.
Then for whatever reason the team decided to make Towns the clear first option and Wiggins is not consindered as the second option right now. Nappier is the second option.
The result is that we became the worst team in NBA.

Imo, I think they should put the ball back in Wiggins hands and let him be the 1st option again. Let Kat play off of him. They played winning basketball like that. Whatever happened is behind closed doors. If Wiggins is traded, we will see that Wiggins again
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,939

Post#68 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 4, 2020 10:49 pm

Dewey wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:
Calinks wrote:Some of it is on KAT. Absolutely, especially on defense. But the problems with the team are far more vast than KAT. He could be a lot better, that's true but the should be far far better. KAT needs to raise his game 5 more levels, the rest of the team needs to raise it 15 more levels.

There are two sides of the court when Towns is out there and when Dieng is out there. Did they look engaged with Dieng on the court when they're on offense?

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
DaKid
Senior

Post#69 » by DaKid » Tue Feb 4, 2020 10:55 pm

Klomp wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:

There are two sides of the court when Towns is out there and when Dieng is out there. Did they look engaged with Dieng on the court when they're on offense?

Read on Twitter

They were also without Wiggins in that span. Wiggins definitely brings up their offensive efficiency and is significantly better than towns on the defensive end
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#70 » by Jedzz » Wed Feb 5, 2020 2:50 am

Foye wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Foye wrote:

I understand. I guess I missed it and searching isn't a search thing here. So I'm asking.

I think Towns has been proving he's more and more like Kevin Love by the season. Aside from maybe the dunks, but he's a little wild on those and causing himself some injuries there anyway.

Otherwise they could try, and this is going to blow way to many minds...just play Reid next to Towns. Let them share duties and whoever is stronger at whatever picks up the slack there. Reid really gets from point A to B quickly if anyone has been watching. He also shows a high desire to give defensive effort.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,332

Post#71 » by Calinks » Wed Feb 5, 2020 3:43 am

Read on Twitter
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,835

Post#72 » by AirP. » Wed Feb 5, 2020 3:47 am

Read on Twitter
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#73 » by shangrila » Wed Feb 5, 2020 4:08 am

AirP. wrote:
Read on Twitter

From what I gather they want our '21 unprotected 1st, which is insane and they're obviously not getting. At most I'd offer them a pick swap that year but even then it would be protected to some degree.

I'm not surprised GS is asking for it though. Got to try.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves