ImageImageImage

Game 50: Minnesota Timberwolves (15-34) vs Atlanta Hawks (13-38) - 8:00 PM ET

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Re: Game 50: Minnesota Timberwolves (15-34) vs Atlanta Hawks (13-38) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#81 » by MN7725 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:05 am

Calinks wrote:I think it's stupid to make roster moves to please KAT. KAT should be happy with a good team, I don't think Rosas is chasing Russell just because KAT wants him, he's chasin Russell because he feels like he needs him to take this team in the right direction.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/2/3/21121918/trade-deadline-dangelo-russell-clint-capela-robert-covington

this stood out

He’s a 23-year-old guard averaging 24 points while shooting 38 percent from 3 on 10 attempts per game. Those numbers are obscene. The only other guards who have averaged over 23 points and nine 3-point attempts over a full season are Curry and James Harden; Young, Luka Doncic, and Damian Lillard are also doing it this season. Russell, Curry, and Lillard are the only players shooting over 37 percent from 3 in those seasons, putting Russell in rare company.

Other dudes mentioned are untouchable, whatever else his faults Russell can jack 3s and thats what Wolves seem to singularly value above any other skill

KAT friend is probably bonus more than reason they are targeting
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: Game 50: Minnesota Timberwolves (15-34) vs Atlanta Hawks (13-38) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#82 » by Jedzz » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:14 am

The day everyone talked themselves into trading KAT the last day of deadline.

Make the calls now, all teams in the league. Tell em all, best blind bid by 11AM gets you in the top 3 with a chance to haggle further. Top 3 haggle process is over by 2pm. Grand announcement follows at 2:30.

Get it over with.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#83 » by Jedzz » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:25 am

MN7725 wrote:
Calinks wrote:I think it's stupid to make roster moves to please KAT. KAT should be happy with a good team, I don't think Rosas is chasing Russell just because KAT wants him, he's chasin Russell because he feels like he needs him to take this team in the right direction.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/2/3/21121918/trade-deadline-dangelo-russell-clint-capela-robert-covington

this stood out

He’s a 23-year-old guard averaging 24 points while shooting 38 percent from 3 on 10 attempts per game. Those numbers are obscene. The only other guards who have averaged over 23 points and nine 3-point attempts over a full season are Curry and James Harden; Young, Luka Doncic, and Damian Lillard are also doing it this season. Russell, Curry, and Lillard are the only players shooting over 37 percent from 3 in those seasons, putting Russell in rare company.

Other dudes mentioned are untouchable, whatever else his faults Russell can jack 3s and thats what Wolves seem to singularly value above any other skill

KAT friend is probably bonus more than reason they are targeting

It's true, that shooting issue is the straw that broke the back this season. If they had one single player capable of such shooting this entire season would have been different. No doubt about it in my mind.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#84 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:26 am

WolfAddict wrote:Garbage... Just complete and utter garbage.

I wish they'd just come out and say we're tanking... Would save me the pain of watching these "players"

thats on you man.
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,544

Post#85 » by WolfAddict » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:26 am

If KAT is indeed not putting in 100% because of some imagined slight about trading/not signing his mates, then I don't want him here. Plain and simple. There's not one player bigger than a team.
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,544

Post#86 » by WolfAddict » Thu Feb 6, 2020 5:28 am

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:
WolfAddict wrote:Garbage... Just complete and utter garbage.

I wish they'd just come out and say we're tanking... Would save me the pain of watching these "players"

thats on you man.

Can't really argue with you on that one brother
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,888

Post#87 » by Klomp » Thu Feb 6, 2020 6:38 am

Jedzz wrote:The day everyone talked themselves into trading KAT the last day of deadline.

Make the calls now, all teams in the league. Tell em all, best blind bid by 11AM gets you in the top 3 with a chance to haggle further. Top 3 haggle process is over by 2pm. Grand announcement follows at 2:30.

Get it over with.

I've honestly been thinking about this, though I see 0.00001% chance it happens tomorrow. But this summer? Depending on the lottery, it could be interesting.

New York is a team that Towns would want to play for, that could offer a big time asset (if they win the lottery?), that could match salaries, and where the other team would be confident in their ability to build around him. New York could probably get Russell after getting Towns too where we may not be able to appease him that way.

If we could start next season with say Wiseman and Edwards at the top of the draft, it'd be a nice little deal to jump start the building process.

Not saying I want to do it or that it should happen, but I think it would be interesting if that's what it came down to.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,191

Post#88 » by Neeva » Thu Feb 6, 2020 8:33 am

I am okay with trading kat because he is not really the number one option the wolves need but not yet this draft is too weak need to wait for 2022 draft emoni bates? Chet holmgren?
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#89 » by Dewey » Thu Feb 6, 2020 12:07 pm

Jedzz wrote:The day everyone talked themselves into trading KAT the last day of deadline.

Get it over with.

Hear ya cluckin big chicken!
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#90 » by Slim Tubby » Thu Feb 6, 2020 3:50 pm

Klomp wrote:

Get it over with.

I've honestly been thinking about this, though I see 0.00001% chance it happens tomorrow. But this summer? Depending on the lottery, it could be interesting.

New York is a team that Towns would want to play for, that could offer a big time asset (if they win the lottery?), that could match salaries, and where the other team would be confident in their ability to build around him. New York could probably get Russell after getting Towns too where we may not be able to appease him that way.

If we could start next season with say Wiseman and Edwards at the top of the draft, it'd be a nice little deal to jump start the building process.

Not saying I want to do it or that it should happen, but I think it would be interesting if that's what it came down to.

I'm with you on this thought process, Klomp. At the beginning of the season, the idea of trading KAT was absurd to me. No way, no how. I don't feel that way any more. The maturation process for KAT has yet to begin and I no longer have hope that he's a player that can lead a team and build around. Wiseman and Edwards would be a tasty start to yet another new beginning.
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves