Alright guys

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

SCTwins
Rookie
And1: 884

Re: Alright guys 

Post#21 » by SCTwins » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:09 pm

I dont understand why anyone would be upset right now. Lol

We purged our 2 worst contracts along with 1 very good player and got back an All Star PG, and 3 point shooter with upside, a mid first pick and 3 other young prospects to check out (Hernangomez, Spellman, Vanderbilt).

This is a good day.. will miss Gorgui though.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#22 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:13 pm

shangrila wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
shangrila wrote:Agreed. Cade Cunningham looks transformational, I'm not sure about the rest. But since the pick is top 3 protected we won't give him up or anyone else so it's all good.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if we miss the playoffs and move up in the lottery in the first time in franchise history...into the 4th spot.

Don't even think such things much less say them.

I'm trying for the reverse-jinx

It doesn't work.
Maybe Rosas has some dirt on Silver, and the ping pong balls bounce our way for once.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#23 » by shangrila » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:14 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
shangrila wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Don't even think such things much less say them.

I'm trying for the reverse-jinx

It doesn't work.
Maybe Rosas has some dirt on Silver, and the ping pong balls bounce our way for once.

Hoping for the best never works either.

I'm trying something new, stop judging me.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#24 » by Mamba4Goat » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:25 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
shangrila wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:I don't buy it. Lots of years they project a strong class only to have just a few really good players. And it funny how they project those classes based off of 1 and done's. Then they get into real school competition and fold like lawn chairs. I am okay giving up the pick. Considering Rosas pulled off what MOST here thought he could'nt do, we may very well get another to make up for that one. Get the talent in the door, draft picks are no sure thing.

Agreed. Cade Cunningham looks transformational, I'm not sure about the rest. But since the pick is top 3 protected we won't give him up or anyone else so it's all good.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if we miss the playoffs and move up in the lottery in the first time in franchise history...into the 4th spot.

The trade would still be worth it tbh.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Post#25 » by KGdaBom » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:25 pm

SCTwins wrote:I dont understand why anyone would be upset right now. Lol

We purged our 2 worst contracts along with 1 very good player and got back an All Star PG, and 3 point shooter with upside, a mid first pick and 3 other young prospects to check out (Hernangomez, Spellman, Vanderbilt).

A few points. Russell an All Star on a technicality. He got in as an alternate and as much as I would like to see it he most likely will never get in again. Spellman should be a G Leaguer, Vanderbilt is a G Leaguer and we are now stuck with Johnson who is a couple notches below Gorgui. All in all though it's OK.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Post#26 » by KGdaBom » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:26 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
shangrila wrote:Agreed. Cade Cunningham looks transformational, I'm not sure about the rest. But since the pick is top 3 protected we won't give him up or anyone else so it's all good.

Given my choice of the 4th pick in 21 or Russell I'm taking the pick. However, moving Wiggins might make the difference.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#27 » by shangrila » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:34 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Don't even think such things much less say them.

Given my choice of the 4th pick in 21 or Russell I'm taking the pick. However, moving Wiggins might make the difference.

Well yeah, that's the caveat. It's Russell or the pick AND Wiggins.

I'd take Russell right now.
paytonkemp
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#28 » by paytonkemp » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:36 pm

When will D'Angelo be available ?
I bet he won't play vs the Clippers ?
SCTwins
Rookie
And1: 884

Post#29 » by SCTwins » Thu Feb 6, 2020 9:39 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
SCTwins wrote:I dont understand why anyone would be upset right now. Lol

A few points. Russell an All Star on a technicality. He got in as an alternate and as much as I would like to see it he most likely will never get in again. Spellman should be a G Leaguer, Vanderbilt is a G Leaguer and we are now stuck with Johnson who is a couple notches below Gorgui. All in all though it's OK.

I love it. This team wasn't working as is, and had no signs of improving.

It's true that D'Lo is only an all star on technicality, and it's easier to get in as a PG in the East, but Wiggs has never even sniffed that level.

I think the young guys have some upside as well.

More importantly, we have some pieces that should be a better fit with KAT. I'm not sold that we will ever be more than a first round exit with him as our leader, but now he has no excuses to fail.

I'm sick of treadmilling (even worse than that this year). If we are not trending upwards after next season, I think we blow the whole thing up, including KAT. Time for him to put up or shut up.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#30 » by King Malta » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:00 pm

:lol: what a self involved thread. See ya mate.

Generally, I don't get the idea of giving up on sports team anyway tbh, maybe that's just me. I'm in this s*** for life...which knowing my luck will end the year before the TWolves win their first ring.
TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Post#31 » by TheDominator273 » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:05 pm

I felt the same way after the Rubio trade but it's hard to actually become a fan of another team. Hope you find what you're looking for, you're welcome back anytime.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#32 » by Dewey » Thu Feb 6, 2020 10:37 pm

TheDominator273 wrote:I felt the same way after the Rubio trade but it's hard to actually become a fan of another team. Hope you find what you're looking for, you're welcome back anytime.

I'm exhausted just trying to catch up ... RoCo deal (we knew mostly), then the DLo deal (50/50 hunch it was possible), then the Dieng deal as well (didnt see that coming)!!

Holy shnikey I need to regroup and see what the rolster will hold for sure ... something like this?
DLo/McLaughlin
Culver/Okogie/Beasley/Evans/Nowell
Layman/Turner/Johnson/Vanderbilt
Hermongomaz/Spellman
KAT/Reid
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#33 » by Jedzz » Fri Feb 7, 2020 1:07 am

paytonkemp wrote:When will D'Angelo be available ?
I bet he won't play vs the Clippers ?

When the snow melts, so late March?
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#34 » by Jedzz » Fri Feb 7, 2020 1:11 am

Dewey wrote:
TheDominator273 wrote:I felt the same way after the Rubio trade but it's hard to actually become a fan of another team. Hope you find what you're looking for, you're welcome back anytime.

I'm exhausted just trying to catch up ... RoCo deal (we knew mostly), then the DLo deal (50/50 hunch it was possible), then the Dieng deal as well (didnt see that coming)!!

Holy shnikey I need to regroup and see what the rolster will hold for sure ... something like this?
DLo/McLaughlin
Culver/Okogie/Beasley/Evans/Nowell
Layman/Turner/Johnson/Vanderbilt
Hermongomaz/Spellman
KAT/Reid

Okogie needs to be moved this summer. I was wrong, he's not even Brewer. I'd like him out of the way myself. His defensive "effort" isn't stopping any teams so far.

Logjams everywhere there still. But Kat's gonna step on Layman's toe as soon as he's back so we don't have to worry about fitting him in anymore.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves