***Timberwolves New Players Press Conference Thread*** On Now

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Re: ***Timberwolves New Players Press Conference Thread*** On Now 

Post#21 » by Calinks » Sat Feb 8, 2020 6:26 pm

I wouldn;t outright say that was bashing. I also think it's a pretty solid take. Wiggins is essentially an elite athlete but not a basketball player. His athleticism is so elite and his skills are good enough to be an NBA player but it isn't his calling IMO. He's better suited to something else, I have no idea what that is.

Then there are guys like Jimmy Butler, they are basketball players. Of course they also have amazing physical gifts that most men don't have but if Jimmy was a joe blow average guy, he would still be a good basketball player (maybe not NBA). He has the instincts, he gets it.

You see it all the time in combat sports. There are fighters who are good or solid fighters who have some crazy physical tools. But those guy's aren't necessarily fighters. There is a mentality and higher level understanding that they are lacking. They are great athletes have a great fighters body. Their mind isn't suited to fighting though. There are people that box professionally and there are boxers. There is a difference.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Re: ***Timberwolves New Players Press Conference Thread*** On Now 

Post#22 » by Calinks » Sat Feb 8, 2020 6:30 pm

Also Kevin Lynch is one of the most transparent people we have. If you pay attention you will see that he puts a lot of his real feelings on display. He can't flat out say these guys are terrible or this team is trash but it's easy to pick up on it. Everyone else tries to hold back. Jim Pete bites his tongue a lot.

When the season started and we were playing well, Kevin Lynch was clearly cheery. He was feeling good. Then as things started going down hill that familiar disdain was coming through. He's been fairly down on the team for a long time and for good reason. I suspect he will be looking a lot more cheery again, he really felt like we needed to get Wiggins off this team.

When the team does start winning games and looking good again watch him, it will be noticable how his mood improves. Kevin and especially Jim Pete seem to be the most emotionally attached to the teams success on the broadcast side.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves