ImageImageImage

NBA suspends the season due to Covid19

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

User avatar
WolfAddict
Sophomore
Posts: 234
And1: 255
Joined: Sep 18, 2019
Location: Canberra, Australia
     

Re: NBA suspends the season due to Covid19 

Post#61 » by WolfAddict » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:06 am

Telling people to "stop freaking out" then getting riled up when people don't do what you say is a pretty arrogant way to look at it to be honest.
SO_MONEY
Veteran
Posts: 2,835
And1: 381
Joined: Sep 11, 2009
         

Re: NBA suspends the season due to Covid19 

Post#62 » by SO_MONEY » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:17 am

WolfAddict wrote:Telling people to "stop freaking out" then getting riled up when people don't do what you say is a pretty arrogant way to look at it to be honest.


It might be, yet I am not riled up. When people ignore facts and still "freak out" over things when you have politely explained and why it is not legitimate and then insult you...The "freaking out" is less about the virus and more about the presentation of facts and taking out that information on the messenger.

EDIT: In other words if he calls me a "troll" for not supporting his statements, sarcasm, gallows humor or giving FACTS, I will be left with reporting him AND I assume he doesn't want that.
winforlose
Sophomore
Posts: 168
And1: 66
Joined: Feb 27, 2020

Re: NBA suspends the season due to Covid19 

Post#63 » by winforlose » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:30 am

SO_MONEY wrote:
winforlose wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
Reading comprehension! NO I DID NOT EXPECT A 14 DAY SUSPENSION, nor do I think others do. What is your point? When I say "I don't think people believe that"? I mean just that... I.E. they think it will be LONGER. Additionally, I have mentioned why weather will help where experts believe there will be a reduction because the virus will not be as communicative or as deadly. PERIOD. Stop freaking out.


Honestly your the one using all caps and freaking out. The 14 day period refers to the Gobert situation. Before we knew Mitchell was infected the entire NBA still basically had to self quarantine for 14 days (including refs, coaches, training staff, etc...) unless they took the test and got cleared. The reason is the number of teams Utah played and the possible spread from those teams to other teams. 14 days was literally the minimum. I even said I don’t believe people thought it would be 14 days. Your post was vague and poorly worded and you should be more polite about it. I took the time to respond to you. Honestly, your rudeness and arrogance are neither warranted nor appreciated.


You are mentioning things I didn't say, I.E. misquoting me and lecturing me on candor, super. Perhaps miss-worded? Then again FUNNY you read it how you wanted to. You also accuse me of "rudeness and arrogance" when I am just stating facts. Sure I will use ALL CAPS to draw attention to that so I don't need to embolden or Italicize things . Do you want to be run of this board as well because you are so all consumed for getting called out for stupid things? Relax. Your conceptions should mean less when presented with facts.


First, I left Rubechat because I wasn’t getting anything out of my time there. I am an attorney and I didn’t feel threatened in any way by your trolling. You can lie about me all you want, you can post multiple threads with no other purpose than to disparage me, I really don’t care. My preference would be that you never under any circumstances reply to anything I write, but I realize you cannot help yourself.

Second, your post was poorly worded. If I got it wrong then so be it, but be man enough to admit your error.

Finally, you can claim to be an expert in any area you want, but most of your comments on this thread are either partially or completely false. The entire system is not panicking, it is reacting to an evolving and impossible situation frustrated by poor leadership.

Respectfully I request you not respond to this or any of my posts ever again. If you persist in doing so that is on you.
SO_MONEY
Veteran
Posts: 2,835
And1: 381
Joined: Sep 11, 2009
         

Re: NBA suspends the season due to Covid19 

Post#64 » by SO_MONEY » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:39 am

winforlose wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Honestly your the one using all caps and freaking out. The 14 day period refers to the Gobert situation. Before we knew Mitchell was infected the entire NBA still basically had to self quarantine for 14 days (including refs, coaches, training staff, etc...) unless they took the test and got cleared. The reason is the number of teams Utah played and the possible spread from those teams to other teams. 14 days was literally the minimum. I even said I don’t believe people thought it would be 14 days. Your post was vague and poorly worded and you should be more polite about it. I took the time to respond to you. Honestly, your rudeness and arrogance are neither warranted nor appreciated.


You are mentioning things I didn't say, I.E. misquoting me and lecturing me on candor, super. Perhaps miss-worded? Then again FUNNY you read it how you wanted to. You also accuse me of "rudeness and arrogance" when I am just stating facts. Sure I will use ALL CAPS to draw attention to that so I don't need to embolden or Italicize things . Do you want to be run of this board as well because you are so all consumed for getting called out for stupid things? Relax. Your conceptions should mean less when presented with facts.


First, I left Rubechat because I wasn’t getting anything out of my time there. I am an attorney and I didn’t feel threatened in any way by your trolling. You can lie about me all you want, you can post multiple threads with no other purpose than to disparage me, I really don’t care. My preference would be that you never under any circumstances reply to anything I write, but I realize you cannot help yourself.

Second, your post was poorly worded. If I got it wrong then so be it, but be man enough to admit your error.

Finally, you can claim to be an expert in any area you want, but most of your comments on this thread are either partially or completely false. The entire system is not panicking, it is reacting to an evolving and impossible situation frustrated by poor leadership.

Respectfully I request you not respond to this or any of posts ever again. If you persist in doing so that is on you.


Stop it. This is not a "safe space" you don't get to make demands of people where they don't get to call out false statements... like you doubling down claiming you are a lawyer. That is not trolling. You don't understand what trolling is. If you continue this tact, because we have moderation on this board, I will report you. Is that what you want? Because I am reporting this post. It sadly seems to be the only way to teach you.
winforlose
Sophomore
Posts: 168
And1: 66
Joined: Feb 27, 2020

Re: NBA suspends the season due to Covid19 

Post#65 » by winforlose » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:54 am

SO_MONEY wrote:
winforlose wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
You are mentioning things I didn't say, I.E. misquoting me and lecturing me on candor, super. Perhaps miss-worded? Then again FUNNY you read it how you wanted to. You also accuse me of "rudeness and arrogance" when I am just stating facts. Sure I will use ALL CAPS to draw attention to that so I don't need to embolden or Italicize things . Do you want to be run of this board as well because you are so all consumed for getting called out for stupid things? Relax. Your conceptions should mean less when presented with facts.


First, I left Rubechat because I wasn’t getting anything out of my time there. I am an attorney and I didn’t feel threatened in any way by your trolling. You can lie about me all you want, you can post multiple threads with no other purpose than to disparage me, I really don’t care. My preference would be that you never under any circumstances reply to anything I write, but I realize you cannot help yourself.

Second, your post was poorly worded. If I got it wrong then so be it, but be man enough to admit your error.

Finally, you can claim to be an expert in any area you want, but most of your comments on this thread are either partially or completely false. The entire system is not panicking, it is reacting to an evolving and impossible situation frustrated by poor leadership.

Respectfully I request you not respond to this or any of posts ever again. If you persist in doing so that is on you.


Stop it. This is not a "safe space" you don't get to make demands of people where they don't get to call out false statements... like you doubling down claiming you are a lawyer. That is not trolling. You don't understand what trolling is. If you continue this tact, because we have moderation on this board, I will report you. Is that what you want? Because I am reporting this post. It sadly seems to be the only way to teach you.


The only way to prove I am telling the truth about my profession is to reveal my real name. I simply don’t like or trust you enough to do so. Again the fact that you insist I am not despite having no evidence proves my point about you at least being a cyber bully or at worst a troll. You derail threads with off topic and irrelevant nonsense. You did this to several of my rube chat posts as well because you cannot help yourself. You write this is not a safe space. Please report me. Let a mod look at your actions and judge which of us has followed decorum. All I asked of you is to stop harassing me, it seems your unwilling.
SO_MONEY
Veteran
Posts: 2,835
And1: 381
Joined: Sep 11, 2009
         

Re: NBA suspends the season due to Covid19 

Post#66 » by SO_MONEY » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:03 am

winforlose wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
winforlose wrote:
First, I left Rubechat because I wasn’t getting anything out of my time there. I am an attorney and I didn’t feel threatened in any way by your trolling. You can lie about me all you want, you can post multiple threads with no other purpose than to disparage me, I really don’t care. My preference would be that you never under any circumstances reply to anything I write, but I realize you cannot help yourself.

Second, your post was poorly worded. If I got it wrong then so be it, but be man enough to admit your error.

Finally, you can claim to be an expert in any area you want, but most of your comments on this thread are either partially or completely false. The entire system is not panicking, it is reacting to an evolving and impossible situation frustrated by poor leadership.

Respectfully I request you not respond to this or any of posts ever again. If you persist in doing so that is on you.


Stop it. This is not a "safe space" you don't get to make demands of people where they don't get to call out false statements... like you doubling down claiming you are a lawyer. That is not trolling. You don't understand what trolling is. If you continue this tact, because we have moderation on this board, I will report you. Is that what you want? Because I am reporting this post. It sadly seems to be the only way to teach you.


The only way to prove I am telling the truth about my profession is to reveal my real name. I simply don’t like or trust you enough to do so. Again the fact that you insist I am not despite having no evidence proves my point about you at least being a cyber bully or at worst a troll. You derail threads with off topic and irrelevant nonsense. You did this to several of my rube chat posts as well because you cannot help yourself. You write this is not a safe space. Please report me. Let a mod look at your actions and judge which of us has followed decorum. All I asked of you is to stop harassing me, it seems your unwilling.


Give it up. A lawyer would know what an MRI is. There is a reason we questioned your age over at RubeChat. Just don't be adversarial or instigate insults at minimum. I have no idea why you want to pick a fight with me. Why you want to "lie"? Why you care so much about your statements that may be wrong...? Play well together!!!! Deal. OR don't but I will report you over here for things you got away with over-there...where we self moderate. Here you don't get to call people a TROLL when they are not based on a vendetta. That doesn't fly. Do better.
winforlose
Sophomore
Posts: 168
And1: 66
Joined: Feb 27, 2020

Re: NBA suspends the season due to Covid19 

Post#67 » by winforlose » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:11 am

SO_MONEY wrote:
winforlose wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:

Stop it. This is not a "safe space" you don't get to make demands of people where they don't get to call out false statements... like you doubling down claiming you are a lawyer. That is not trolling. You don't understand what trolling is. If you continue this tact, because we have moderation on this board, I will report you. Is that what you want? Because I am reporting this post. It sadly seems to be the only way to teach you.


The only way to prove I am telling the truth about my profession is to reveal my real name. I simply don’t like or trust you enough to do so. Again the fact that you insist I am not despite having no evidence proves my point about you at least being a cyber bully or at worst a troll. You derail threads with off topic and irrelevant nonsense. You did this to several of my rube chat posts as well because you cannot help yourself. You write this is not a safe space. Please report me. Let a mod look at your actions and judge which of us has followed decorum. All I asked of you is to stop harassing me, it seems your unwilling.


Give it up. A lawyer would know what an MRI is. There is a reason we questioned your age over at RubeChat. Just don't be adversarial or instigate insults at minimum. I have no idea why you want to pick a fight with me. Why you want to lie. Why you care so much about your statements that are wrong. Play well together!!!!


Magnetic resonance imagining. I have had several. I asked what it shows specially in the context of KAT’s wrist. You harp on one thing you didn’t like and continue to do so across multiple sites. I am really am an attorney and I find it insulting that you continue to dispute that. You have done nothing but instigate since discovering that I joined this sight and now your hesitant to report me because you know I am right. You started the fight on rubechat, you continued it here, and if you continue to harass me (trolling, cyber bulling, disparaging remarks about me, threatening to report me for doing absolutely nothing wrong,) then I will be the one reporting you.
SO_MONEY
Veteran
Posts: 2,835
And1: 381
Joined: Sep 11, 2009
         

Re: NBA suspends the season due to Covid19 

Post#68 » by SO_MONEY » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:18 am

winforlose wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
winforlose wrote:
The only way to prove I am telling the truth about my profession is to reveal my real name. I simply don’t like or trust you enough to do so. Again the fact that you insist I am not despite having no evidence proves my point about you at least being a cyber bully or at worst a troll. You derail threads with off topic and irrelevant nonsense. You did this to several of my rube chat posts as well because you cannot help yourself. You write this is not a safe space. Please report me. Let a mod look at your actions and judge which of us has followed decorum. All I asked of you is to stop harassing me, it seems your unwilling.


Give it up. A lawyer would know what an MRI is. There is a reason we questioned your age over at RubeChat. Just don't be adversarial or instigate insults at minimum. I have no idea why you want to pick a fight with me. Why you want to lie. Why you care so much about your statements that are wrong. Play well together!!!!


Magnetic resonance imagining. I have had several. I asked what it shows specially in the context of KAT’s wrist. You harp on one thing you didn’t like and continue to do so across multiple sites. I am really am an attorney and I find it insulting that you continue to dispute that. You have done nothing but instigate since discovering that I joined this sight and now your hesitant to report me because you know I am right. You started the fight on rubechat, you continued it here, and if you continue to harass me (trolling, cyber bulling, disparaging remarks about me, threatening to report me for doing absolutely nothing wrong,) then I will be the one reporting you.


Ummm. I have been here MUCH longer than you, been posting much longer than you...on both boards frankly. The first post where you called me a TROLL wasn't even a direct response to you...You just felt you needed to do it anyways. Not happen. Play innocent, but you are the villain, lol. Frankly, it seems an awful lot like a maturity problem.
winforlose
Sophomore
Posts: 168
And1: 66
Joined: Feb 27, 2020

Re: NBA suspends the season due to Covid19 

Post#69 » by winforlose » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:21 am

SO_MONEY wrote:
winforlose wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
Give it up. A lawyer would know what an MRI is. There is a reason we questioned your age over at RubeChat. Just don't be adversarial or instigate insults at minimum. I have no idea why you want to pick a fight with me. Why you want to lie. Why you care so much about your statements that are wrong. Play well together!!!!


Magnetic resonance imagining. I have had several. I asked what it shows specially in the context of KAT’s wrist. You harp on one thing you didn’t like and continue to do so across multiple sites. I am really am an attorney and I find it insulting that you continue to dispute that. You have done nothing but instigate since discovering that I joined this sight and now your hesitant to report me because you know I am right. You started the fight on rubechat, you continued it here, and if you continue to harass me (trolling, cyber bulling, disparaging remarks about me, threatening to report me for doing absolutely nothing wrong,) then I will be the one reporting you.


Ummm. I have been here MUCH longer than you, been posting much longer than you...on both boards frankly. The first post where you called me a TROLL wasn't even a direct response to you...You just felt you needed to do it anyways. Not happen. Play innocent, but you are the villain, lol.


The mod even asked you to keep it about basketball. The post that started this argument was my giving information about the season suspension. Your response was not basketball related. Every post since has been off topic because you instigated a fight. I am done feeding the troll and reporting your off topic posting. This is the last thread I let you derail.
SO_MONEY
Veteran
Posts: 2,835
And1: 381
Joined: Sep 11, 2009
         

Re: NBA suspends the season due to Covid19 

Post#70 » by SO_MONEY » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:26 am

winforlose wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Magnetic resonance imagining. I have had several. I asked what it shows specially in the context of KAT’s wrist. You harp on one thing you didn’t like and continue to do so across multiple sites. I am really am an attorney and I find it insulting that you continue to dispute that. You have done nothing but instigate since discovering that I joined this sight and now your hesitant to report me because you know I am right. You started the fight on rubechat, you continued it here, and if you continue to harass me (trolling, cyber bulling, disparaging remarks about me, threatening to report me for doing absolutely nothing wrong,) then I will be the one reporting you.


Ummm. I have been here MUCH longer than you, been posting much longer than you...on both boards frankly. The first post where you called me a TROLL wasn't even a direct response to you...You just felt you needed to do it anyways. Not happen. Play innocent, but you are the villain, lol.


The mod even asked you to keep it about basketball. The post that started this argument was my giving information about the season suspension. Your response was not basketball related. Every post since has been off topic because you instigated a fight. I am done feeding the troll and reporting your off topic posting. This is the last thread I let you derail.


Why don't we? Just stop. Reported again.
Jedzz
Head Coach
Posts: 7,035
And1: 1,453
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: NBA suspends the season due to Covid19 

Post#71 » by Jedzz » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:07 am

I don't really care who or what started all this. But only one person in this thread has been responding horrible throughout it, with some of the most crass and inhuman positions taken that I've heard in some time. I might even start to think this person is in great fear right now that his perfect little world he believes he has roped and hogtied already is in danger of being changed by people overeacting to this Cov19. The fear of such is the only thing that brings him here to try and talk down to those he believes are less than him. He likely finds comfort in it. Probably time to let him talk with himself.

Personally I've had to turn off the NBA related sports radio I enjoy so much. Listening to some of these guys talk about "what must be done" is driving me up a wall.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 23,202
And1: 7,123
Joined: Dec 27, 2003
     

Re: NBA may take a hiatus due to Covid19 

Post#72 » by Worm Guts » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:50 pm

Dewey wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
LibertyPrime wrote:
If it's especially dangerous to elders because of their immune systems, it's also likely to be dangerous to kids because of their immune systems. But even assuming it's the same mortality rate, imagine you're a parent and that there's a disease out there you can get by handling the wrong doorknob that when contracted, has a better than 1 in 50 chance of killing your kid. Or even, say 1 in 100. Now start panicking.


You might think so, but it doesn't largely seem to be the case. I get what you are saying, but they don't even know if shutting down schools is going to make a dent. And in reality if your kid has a 1-2% chance of dying or a 99-98% percent of survival if infected or infected from a sever strain... I don't see organic panic.

agree ...

Also, based on proven history, one can make similar cases for so many many other yearly claims such as (other) illnesses, suidice rates, car acidents, starvation, drug OD, deadly storms, etc. as it goes on and on and on ... the media hype machine will build this into a far bigger (100x) issue than it will ever have the chance to be. All these are serious, but many have simply lost their common sense.


Whatever you think of what's happening here, it's about more than the media. The stock market crashing and sports leagues shutting down are independently major news stories and have contributed to making this situation feel more extreme.
But really 1-2% of the population dying is a pretty major event. It's not going end the world, but 1 percent of the world's population is 70 million people. That's a lot of potential deaths.
winforlose
Sophomore
Posts: 168
And1: 66
Joined: Feb 27, 2020

Re: NBA may take a hiatus due to Covid19 

Post#73 » by winforlose » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:45 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Dewey wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
You might think so, but it doesn't largely seem to be the case. I get what you are saying, but they don't even know if shutting down schools is going to make a dent. And in reality if your kid has a 1-2% chance of dying or a 99-98% percent of survival if infected or infected from a sever strain... I don't see organic panic.

agree ...

Also, based on proven history, one can make similar cases for so many many other yearly claims such as (other) illnesses, suidice rates, car acidents, starvation, drug OD, deadly storms, etc. as it goes on and on and on ... the media hype machine will build this into a far bigger (100x) issue than it will ever have the chance to be. All these are serious, but many have simply lost their common sense.


Whatever you think of what's happening here, it's about more than the media. The stock market crashing and sports leagues shutting down are independently major news stories and have contributed to making this situation feel more extreme.
But really 1-2% of the population dying is a pretty major event. It's not going end the world, but 1 percent of the world's population is 70 million people. That's a lot of potential deaths.


Yes and a major blow to the economy. Especially with lay offs and temporary death of certain industries (cruise ships for example.)
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 41,069
And1: 8,961
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: NBA suspends the season due to Covid19 

Post#74 » by Calinks » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:09 pm

winforlose and SO_MONEY it's time to stop. You keep going back fourth and you guys are hijacking the conversations with the arguments. Time to just go your separate ways on your argument and stop responding to each other. No more shots fired or mocking each other in this thread. This stuff carries on there will be formal action. This is your warning. Stop going at it.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
PG24
Junior
Posts: 327
And1: 198
Joined: Jun 20, 2010

Re: NBA suspends the season due to Covid19 

Post#75 » by PG24 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:36 am

These last couple of pages were not_money.
Jedzz
Head Coach
Posts: 7,035
And1: 1,453
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: NBA suspends the season due to Covid19 

Post#76 » by Jedzz » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:18 am

Maybe this would be a great time to spawn an entirely new basketball league. With idk, maybe real referees and consistent fair calling of the rules to each and every player.
winforlose
Sophomore
Posts: 168
And1: 66
Joined: Feb 27, 2020

Re: NBA suspends the season due to Covid19 

Post#77 » by winforlose » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:49 pm

Jedzz wrote:Maybe this would be a great time to spawn an entirely new basketball league. With idk, maybe real referees and consistent fair calling of the rules to each and every player.


This new league, could it include the ability to not pay max money to a player who doesn’t earn it? Some kind of guaranteed money for injury, but not for performance? I think that would be swell :) :) :D
Jedzz
Head Coach
Posts: 7,035
And1: 1,453
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: NBA suspends the season due to Covid19 

Post#78 » by Jedzz » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:22 am

winforlose wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Maybe this would be a great time to spawn an entirely new basketball league. With idk, maybe real referees and consistent fair calling of the rules to each and every player.


This new league, could it include the ability to not pay max money to a player who doesn’t earn it? Some kind of guaranteed money for injury, but not for performance? I think that would be swell :) :) :D


It likely wouldn't have "max" deals at all. Nor should it have any of the other 30 loopholes that the current league uses. Sounds interesting to have a guaranteed amount to cover career killing injuries. Maybe even a central retirement fund that pays out to all. But yeah, something that stops teams from getting locked into 5 year guaranteed deals that destroy teams for that period because of sad efforts or no play at all. Maybe an antimax rule that stops foolish teams from paying any player over 3/15th the roster cap. That way more of the cap is shared by all players and less chance of a single player destroying a franchise. Spread evenly right now with thge NBA's cap it would be over 6MM for each roster spot. If one player is getting 3/15th and another 2/15th, therest of the roster takes a hit but it's not much and you won't see the separation of league min and those getting paid 35MM playing on the same court together. The superstars can obviously make additional funds elswhere, and the caps can maybe grow higher with less waste. Also obvious that while the league is starting out the money just wouldn't be the same anyway.

Just spittin out ideas. If NBA self imposed some of these corrections it would fix many things.
winforlose
Sophomore
Posts: 168
And1: 66
Joined: Feb 27, 2020

Re: NBA suspends the season due to Covid19 

Post#79 » by winforlose » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:47 am

Jedzz wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Maybe this would be a great time to spawn an entirely new basketball league. With idk, maybe real referees and consistent fair calling of the rules to each and every player.


This new league, could it include the ability to not pay max money to a player who doesn’t earn it? Some kind of guaranteed money for injury, but not for performance? I think that would be swell :) :) :D


It likely wouldn't have "max" deals at all. Nor should it have any of the other 30 loopholes that the current league uses. Sounds interesting to have a guaranteed amount to cover career killing injuries. Maybe even a central retirement fund that pays out to all. But yeah, something that stops teams from getting locked into 5 year guaranteed deals that destroy teams for that period because of sad efforts or no play at all. Maybe an antimax rule that stops foolish teams from paying any player over 3/15th the roster cap. That way more of the cap is shared by all players and less chance of a single player destroying a franchise. Spread evenly right now with thge NBA's cap it would be over 6MM for each roster spot. If one player is getting 3/15th and another 2/15th, therest of the roster takes a hit but it's not much and you won't see the separation of league min and those getting paid 35MM playing on the same court together. The superstars can obviously make additional funds elswhere, and the caps can maybe grow higher with less waste. Also obvious that while the league is starting out the money just wouldn't be the same anyway.

Just spittin out ideas. If NBA self imposed some of these corrections it would fix many things.


Believe me, I have a wishlist. Just to suggest a few of them.

1. Salary cap credit to small market teams. Basically, every player reports their endorsement earnings to the league and a progressive system is put in place. For example, if your players in total earned less than x, you get an extra 5 percent to to your salary cap for the year. Less than Y 7%, less than Z, 10 percent. This eliminates the big market discounts that players like KD take when they join a GSW to win a ring.

2. Anti tampering rules that are enforced. Agents getting banned from the league if they try to sign and steer clients to play with other clients. The AD situation is just one example. LeBron should have been heavily fined and possibly suspended depending on the actual things he in recruiting AD.

3. Much harsher anti flopping and anti complaining rules. It should involve suspensions for repeat offenses and techs should be given with much more regularity.

These are just a few of my dream items. Sadly, no virus is going to fix the NBA :(.
Jedzz
Head Coach
Posts: 7,035
And1: 1,453
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: NBA suspends the season due to Covid19 

Post#80 » by Jedzz » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:01 pm

winforlose wrote:
These are just a few of my dream items. Sadly, no virus is going to fix the NBA :(.


That's true but apparently it can stop it from playing. Which is half the problem with trying to fix something so monstrous. While the wheels are turning and the big money is flowing there is no changing such a monster, at least not in a quick or vast way. But once that money stops flowing there might be opportunity. There is also now a big vacuum of sports entertainment. It would take quick coordination and some kind of amazing TV/online deal struck to air games for now without local audience but it might fill the vacuum. How fast I wonder could someone wrangle a number of teams of skilled streetballers together and get them to all go in on playing an honestly officiated game of bball for TV/Internet pay? High flying ankle breaking players that don't need 4 more years to learn how to dribble. Might be worth watching and draw an audience. If it could show they could play an honest game of basketball and be entertaining because of how the talents play, not because of contrived final clock moments and fake ref work, it might be something. Even if as soon as the NBA came back it would all end, it might still have had an impact on what the fans expect from the NBA. A simple example might be how the NFL started to expand on their camera usage based on what the XFL showed was possible.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves