Worm Guts wrote:Dewey wrote:SO_MONEY wrote:
You might think so, but it doesn't largely seem to be the case. I get what you are saying, but they don't even know if shutting down schools is going to make a dent. And in reality if your kid has a 1-2% chance of dying or a 99-98% percent of survival if infected or infected from a sever strain... I don't see organic panic.
Also, based on proven history, one can make similar cases for so many many other yearly claims such as (other) illnesses, suidice rates, car acidents, starvation, drug OD, deadly storms, etc. as it goes on and on and on ... the media hype machine will build this into a far bigger (100x) issue than it will ever have the chance to be. All these are serious, but many have simply lost their common sense.
Whatever you think of what's happening here, it's about more than the media. The stock market crashing and sports leagues shutting down are independently major news stories and have contributed to making this situation feel more extreme.
But really 1-2% of the population dying is a pretty major event. It's not going end the world, but 1 percent of the world's population is 70 million people. That's a lot of potential deaths.
Yes, it is a major event but there is way too much panic involved.
This is not a popular take, but all current signs point to the fact that there are too many people on earth already. With each passing year, the nature of the planet is destroyed more and more by humanity and climate change is bascially unstoppable at this point of time.
If COVID19 is the way you die...just say "congratz mother*ucker you were stronger than me" from heaven and that's it.
Additionally, corona virus will most likely cause a baby boom all the way from December 2020 to February or March 2021.
People are stuck in quarantine. You can't watch tv all day. What will they do? Have s*x.