ImageImageImage

Looking more and more like the NBA season is coming back. How will this affect the Wolves?

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

Jedzz
Head Coach
Posts: 7,044
And1: 1,453
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Looking more and more like the NBA season is coming back. How will this affect the Wolves? 

Post#61 » by Jedzz » Thu Jun 4, 2020 2:09 am

gandlogo wrote:Woj just said on ESPN that the eight teams left out are trying to pull together some sort of exhibition league for the fall. Said those teams need the opportunity to work/develop that they would miss out on not playing like the rest of the league. Nothing finalized, but something being discussed. I doubt it gets us televised games, but you never know. But it would be important from a developmental standpoint.


It's just dumb. excluding 8 teams like this. For what? Why shouldn't they be playing if 22 other teams will? This is all so they can attempt to fluke win New Orleans into the playoffs. There is no other reason for it. The only team actually eliminated from the playoffs by record right now is the Warriors. Everyone else is getting the shaft and will now have to wait out these slow bastards that will drag this on into November before taking another break until the Superbowl is over.

They are waiting two months until the end of July. What a joke. I swear someone else should just start a new league and steal the fans out from under this gambling and TV coerced mess of a league.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 41,071
And1: 8,964
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Looking more and more like the NBA season is coming back. How will this affect the Wolves? 

Post#62 » by Calinks » Thu Jun 4, 2020 2:25 am

gandlogo wrote:Woj just said on ESPN that the eight teams left out are trying to pull together some sort of exhibition league for the fall. Said those teams need the opportunity to work/develop that they would miss out on not playing like the rest of the league. Nothing finalized, but something being discussed. I doubt it gets us televised games, but you never know. But it would be important from a developmental standpoint.

Oh I definitely think the games will be televised. People will want to see their teams and networks will be looking to air stuff still. TV is desperate. Don't forget lots of regular programming has been put on hold too, production has been down and it takes time to shoot shows, and get them going. Live sports and reality tv which is quickly produced and airable will be big-ticket items for the next 6 months.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Neeva
Starter
Posts: 2,411
And1: 772
Joined: Jun 03, 2016

Re: Looking more and more like the NBA season is coming back. How will this affect the Wolves? 

Post#63 » by Neeva » Thu Jun 4, 2020 3:39 am

Oh well the only win that I wanted for the wolves the rest of the 2019/2020 season was winning the draft lottery anyway.
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 14,611
And1: 3,667
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: Looking more and more like the NBA season is coming back. How will this affect the Wolves? 

Post#64 » by Mattya » Thu Jun 4, 2020 5:00 am

Now if they are making drastic changes, help us out and get rid of the one and done rule and turn this "weak" draft into a "strong" draft.
Neeva
Starter
Posts: 2,411
And1: 772
Joined: Jun 03, 2016

Re: Looking more and more like the NBA season is coming back. How will this affect the Wolves? 

Post#65 » by Neeva » Thu Jun 4, 2020 5:49 am

Mattya wrote:Now if they are making drastic changes, help us out and get rid of the one and done rule and turn this "weak" draft into a "strong" draft.

Yes please!! Who knows of the next ncaa season will even happen. Nba needs to do the right thing.
ClarkeW
Ballboy
Posts: 28
And1: 14
Joined: Nov 28, 2019
   

Re: Looking more and more like the NBA season is coming back. How will this affect the Wolves? 

Post#66 » by ClarkeW » Thu Jun 4, 2020 1:57 pm

Jedzz wrote:
gandlogo wrote:Woj just said on ESPN that the eight teams left out are trying to pull together some sort of exhibition league for the fall. Said those teams need the opportunity to work/develop that they would miss out on not playing like the rest of the league. Nothing finalized, but something being discussed. I doubt it gets us televised games, but you never know. But it would be important from a developmental standpoint.


It's just dumb. excluding 8 teams like this. For what? Why shouldn't they be playing if 22 other teams will? This is all so they can attempt to fluke win New Orleans into the playoffs. There is no other reason for it. The only team actually eliminated from the playoffs by record right now is the Warriors. Everyone else is getting the shaft and will now have to wait out these slow bastards that will drag this on into November before taking another break until the Superbowl is over.

They are waiting two months until the end of July. What a joke. I swear someone else should just start a new league and steal the fans out from under this gambling and TV coerced mess of a league.


I’m going to try and answer some of your questions. Not saying I agree with all the answers, but this is the logic behind them...

- They aren’t bringing in all 30 teams because of the extra numbers they would need to bring into the bubble. Those 8 extra teams would mean another 400 people or so, and thus increase the strain on safety precautions, etc.

- 22 teams were chosen because with an 8 game regular season remaining, those are the only teams still in playoff range. Also, the NBA still wants to broadcast as many regular season games as possible due to TV contracts.

- One reason that things aren’t starting up again until the end of July is to allow teams/players to get ready, as has already been discussed and nauseam so I won’t get into it again.

- Another reason it won’t start again until end of July is so that the league can get ready. There are still a million things for them to figure out, primarily regarding player safety, and if their statements so far are any indication they don’t have all the answers yet.

- You mentioned next season not starting until after the Super Bowl. Based on recent reports next season is actually slated to start on Christmas Day (as I anticipated). Can’t see that getting pushed any later than early-mid January or else they risk running over the beginning of football season again next year.

One thing that I wholeheartedly agree with is that Adam Silver would love it if the Pelicans took advantage of this to slide into the 8th seed haha.
Jedzz
Head Coach
Posts: 7,044
And1: 1,453
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Looking more and more like the NBA season is coming back. How will this affect the Wolves? 

Post#67 » by Jedzz » Thu Jun 4, 2020 7:15 pm

ClarkeW wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
gandlogo wrote:Woj just said on ESPN that the eight teams left out are trying to pull together some sort of exhibition league for the fall. Said those teams need the opportunity to work/develop that they would miss out on not playing like the rest of the league. Nothing finalized, but something being discussed. I doubt it gets us televised games, but you never know. But it would be important from a developmental standpoint.


It's just dumb. excluding 8 teams like this. For what? Why shouldn't they be playing if 22 other teams will? This is all so they can attempt to fluke win New Orleans into the playoffs. There is no other reason for it. The only team actually eliminated from the playoffs by record right now is the Warriors. Everyone else is getting the shaft and will now have to wait out these slow bastards that will drag this on into November before taking another break until the Superbowl is over.

They are waiting two months until the end of July. What a joke. I swear someone else should just start a new league and steal the fans out from under this gambling and TV coerced mess of a league.


I’m going to try and answer some of your questions. Not saying I agree with all the answers, but this is the logic behind them...

- They aren’t bringing in all 30 teams because of the extra numbers they would need to bring into the bubble. Those 8 extra teams would mean another 400 people or so, and thus increase the strain on safety precautions, etc.

- 22 teams were chosen because with an 8 game regular season remaining, those are the only teams still in playoff range. Also, the NBA still wants to broadcast as many regular season games as possible due to TV contracts.

- One reason that things aren’t starting up again until the end of July is to allow teams/players to get ready, as has already been discussed and nauseam so I won’t get into it again.

- Another reason it won’t start again until end of July is so that the league can get ready. There are still a million things for them to figure out, primarily regarding player safety, and if their statements so far are any indication they don’t have all the answers yet.

- You mentioned next season not starting until after the Super Bowl. Based on recent reports next season is actually slated to start on Christmas Day (as I anticipated). Can’t see that getting pushed any later than early-mid January or else they risk running over the beginning of football season again next year.

One thing that I wholeheartedly agree with is that Adam Silver would love it if the Pelicans took advantage of this to slide into the 8th seed haha.


I get the intent to try to explain away idiots and evil people being idiots with any kind of logic that can be found. What else is there to do but satisfy one's own sanity by placating yourself rationalizing it all. It's not like we have any choice or input so understand why people do. But I can complain where others can read it to get it off my chest. So that's all I'm doing. I'm not going to placate myself or believe much of the rationalizing to be honest. Not when the real reasons are easy to see and the excuses are full of holes.

Let's just start at your end statement. You admit what Silver would want to see happen. TV execs also want Zion in playoffs to happen. So, if you start there and work yourself backwards you start to find the underlying reason that forces much of the strange decisions. Good luck honestly expecting teams 4 games back to honestly break into the playoffs with an additional 8 games. The worst part is all the adhoc rulings and fomatting that is occuring to make this work. Talk about astericks creating years. If you are keeping some teams out, then just roll with the 16 based on the prior record. It's comepletely fair. If you want more games for TV, then let those teams all play each other a few times and muck up their seeding if you want.

The rest is rationalizing these other odd decisions/choices. Things like waiting until the end of July to start are just because they are slow to act but also forced because of these other goofy choices. This delay/wait could also even have something to do with Zion, because they probably think he needs a special reginment to get back into playing weight.

Choices such as:

--Bringing them all to play at Disney. Why? All you are doing is bringing a lot more people into a single area. When each series starts, both teams could just go to one stadium anywhere and play out the series. One stadium that already has TV cameras setup. Do this for each series in whatever stadiums you want so nobody has home court. This wat you never bring a huge bubble of people together. Have you heard other Disney location rumors/ideas that each team could be allowed to "bring their own court" with them? :lol: I heard that on radio and laughed, they "weren't sure how it could be done in time..." I haven't bothered to think through why they could possibly really want everyone in one area such as Orlando. But it's not going to make any of them any more "safe" having it all piled into one area.

--On the 22 vs 30 teams. If 8 teams is somewhere around 400 people, then the 22 they are bringing is already bringing 1,100 people into one area. What's the big difference between 1,100 and 1500? Both numbers are foolish. One big giant bubble of idiots. Good thing we already know most of the players have already been introduced to the covid. I guess they should only bring in TV people who already have been.

--Playing out/broadcasting TV contracts. What about the 8 teams being cast off from this? They aren't playing out their schedule of broadcasted games. Are they just saying the TV execs don't care because these are bottom feeder teams? Do these 8 teams have to take a cut on the TV money they planned on? This theory about finishing out the TV contracts is full of holes or at least being put out there as a halfassed answer.

Sill, I enjoyed your efforts.
ClarkeW
Ballboy
Posts: 28
And1: 14
Joined: Nov 28, 2019
   

Re: Looking more and more like the NBA season is coming back. How will this affect the Wolves? 

Post#68 » by ClarkeW » Thu Jun 4, 2020 10:25 pm

Jedzz wrote:
ClarkeW wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
It's just dumb. excluding 8 teams like this. For what? Why shouldn't they be playing if 22 other teams will? This is all so they can attempt to fluke win New Orleans into the playoffs. There is no other reason for it. The only team actually eliminated from the playoffs by record right now is the Warriors. Everyone else is getting the shaft and will now have to wait out these slow bastards that will drag this on into November before taking another break until the Superbowl is over.

They are waiting two months until the end of July. What a joke. I swear someone else should just start a new league and steal the fans out from under this gambling and TV coerced mess of a league.


I’m going to try and answer some of your questions. Not saying I agree with all the answers, but this is the logic behind them...

- They aren’t bringing in all 30 teams because of the extra numbers they would need to bring into the bubble. Those 8 extra teams would mean another 400 people or so, and thus increase the strain on safety precautions, etc.

- 22 teams were chosen because with an 8 game regular season remaining, those are the only teams still in playoff range. Also, the NBA still wants to broadcast as many regular season games as possible due to TV contracts.

- One reason that things aren’t starting up again until the end of July is to allow teams/players to get ready, as has already been discussed and nauseam so I won’t get into it again.

- Another reason it won’t start again until end of July is so that the league can get ready. There are still a million things for them to figure out, primarily regarding player safety, and if their statements so far are any indication they don’t have all the answers yet.

- You mentioned next season not starting until after the Super Bowl. Based on recent reports next season is actually slated to start on Christmas Day (as I anticipated). Can’t see that getting pushed any later than early-mid January or else they risk running over the beginning of football season again next year.

One thing that I wholeheartedly agree with is that Adam Silver would love it if the Pelicans took advantage of this to slide into the 8th seed haha.


I get the intent to try to explain away idiots and evil people being idiots with any kind of logic that can be found. What else is there to do but satisfy one's own sanity by placating yourself rationalizing it all. It's not like we have any choice or input so understand why people do. But I can complain where others can read it to get it off my chest. So that's all I'm doing. I'm not going to placate myself or believe much of the rationalizing to be honest. Not when the real reasons are easy to see and the excuses are full of holes.

Let's just start at your end statement. You admit what Silver would want to see happen. TV execs also want Zion in playoffs to happen. So, if you start there and work yourself backwards you start to find the underlying reason that forces much of the strange decisions. Good luck honestly expecting teams 4 games back to honestly break into the playoffs with an additional 8 games. The worst part is all the adhoc rulings and fomatting that is occuring to make this work. Talk about astericks creating years. If you are keeping some teams out, then just roll with the 16 based on the prior record. It's comepletely fair. If you want more games for TV, then let those teams all play each other a few times and muck up their seeding if you want.

The rest is rationalizing these other odd decisions/choices. Things like waiting until the end of July to start are just because they are slow to act but also forced because of these other goofy choices. This delay/wait could also even have something to do with Zion, because they probably think he needs a special reginment to get back into playing weight.

Choices such as:

--Bringing them all to play at Disney. Why? All you are doing is bringing a lot more people into a single area. When each series starts, both teams could just go to one stadium anywhere and play out the series. One stadium that already has TV cameras setup. Do this for each series in whatever stadiums you want so nobody has home court. This wat you never bring a huge bubble of people together. Have you heard other Disney location rumors/ideas that each team could be allowed to "bring their own court" with them? :lol: I heard that on radio and laughed, they "weren't sure how it could be done in time..." I haven't bothered to think through why they could possibly really want everyone in one area such as Orlando. But it's not going to make any of them any more "safe" having it all piled into one area.

--On the 22 vs 30 teams. If 8 teams is somewhere around 400 people, then the 22 they are bringing is already bringing 1,100 people into one area. What's the big difference between 1,100 and 1500? Both numbers are foolish. One big giant bubble of idiots. Good thing we already know most of the players have already been introduced to the covid. I guess they should only bring in TV people who already have been.

--Playing out/broadcasting TV contracts. What about the 8 teams being cast off from this? They aren't playing out their schedule of broadcasted games. Are they just saying the TV execs don't care because these are bottom feeder teams? Do these 8 teams have to take a cut on the TV money they planned on? This theory about finishing out the TV contracts is full of holes or at least being put out there as a halfassed answer.

Sill, I enjoyed your efforts.


Hey, I do what I can haha.

The reality is I see the logic behind some of their decision making, but I agree that it’s flawed. For example, I can understand wanting to give fringe playoff teams a chance to compete for the eight seed... but 22 teams? That number seems like somebody trying to figure out what the highest number of teams that they can bring back for games while still trying to limit the risk at least somewhat by not having all the teams there.

As for Disney, I do like the idea of a single ‘bubble location’. Disney makes sense as a closed off area with enough hotels & facilities to keep players relatively separated while also in the same area to play against each other. The real risk of getting sick is in having large groups of people travel from location to location, so while obviously not a perfect solution I do believe it’s the best one.

Personally I was a big fan of the 20 team World Cup style solution they were talking about last week. That seemed like the best balance of opportunity for fringe playoff teams combined with actually meaningful, exciting games. Alas, should have known that was too good to be true.
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 14,611
And1: 3,667
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: Looking more and more like the NBA season is coming back. How will this affect the Wolves? 

Post#69 » by Mattya » Fri Jun 5, 2020 12:35 am

So I haven't researched to much how this will all play out, but Brooklyn being 6 games up on Washington with 8 games to play would be a pretty colossal collapse by the Nets.
Neeva
Starter
Posts: 2,411
And1: 772
Joined: Jun 03, 2016

Re: Looking more and more like the NBA season is coming back. How will this affect the Wolves? 

Post#70 » by Neeva » Fri Jun 5, 2020 2:40 am

Mattya wrote:So I haven't researched to much how this will all play out, but Brooklyn being 6 games up on Washington with 8 games to play would be a pretty colossal collapse by the Nets.

Yep I feel the wolves will end up with the 15th pick ultimately with Orlando going ahead one spot.
Jedzz
Head Coach
Posts: 7,044
And1: 1,453
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Looking more and more like the NBA season is coming back. How will this affect the Wolves? 

Post#71 » by Jedzz » Fri Jun 5, 2020 2:53 am

ClarkeW wrote:
Hey, I do what I can haha.

The reality is I see the logic behind some of their decision making, but I agree that it’s flawed. For example, I can understand wanting to give fringe playoff teams a chance to compete for the eight seed... but 22 teams? That number seems like somebody trying to figure out what the highest number of teams that they can bring back for games while still trying to limit the risk at least somewhat by not having all the teams there.

As for Disney, I do like the idea of a single ‘bubble location’. Disney makes sense as a closed off area with enough hotels & facilities to keep players relatively separated while also in the same area to play against each other. The real risk of getting sick is in having large groups of people travel from location to location, so while obviously not a perfect solution I do believe it’s the best one.

Personally I was a big fan of the 20 team World Cup style solution they were talking about last week. That seemed like the best balance of opportunity for fringe playoff teams combined with actually meaningful, exciting games. Alas, should have known that was too good to be true.


One more reason to cast off 8 teams, beyond the idea that they can't win enough to get into playoffs, is to stop some of the best teams from having easy canon fodder for more wins. More easy wins for any of the teams already in the playoffs just adds to the gap that already exists. Dropping it down to the best 22 left and having them play each other means everyone will have to compete a little harder for their wins. It also means a few of those teams getting this chance may have had more games against easy teams already this year that other teams can't bank on like they might have been looking forward to at the last month or so of the schedule. Maybe if I get time to get bored I'll check what some of the schedules would have been for these current seeded teams and how many easy skate games they are losing from this.
KGdaBom
General Manager
Posts: 8,666
And1: 1,891
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Looking more and more like the NBA season is coming back. How will this affect the Wolves? 

Post#72 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jun 5, 2020 3:11 am

Neeva wrote:
Mattya wrote:So I haven't researched to much how this will all play out, but Brooklyn being 6 games up on Washington with 8 games to play would be a pretty colossal collapse by the Nets.

Yep I feel the wolves will end up with the 15th pick ultimately with Orlando going ahead one spot.

Isn't there a play in round after the 8 remaining regular season games? Wouldn't those be seeds 11 vs 22 12 vs 21 13 vs 20 14 vs 19 15 vs 18 and 16 vs 17? All it would take is for 18 to beat 15 for us to lose the pick. Or have they tossed out the play in idea?
ClarkeW
Ballboy
Posts: 28
And1: 14
Joined: Nov 28, 2019
   

Re: Looking more and more like the NBA season is coming back. How will this affect the Wolves? 

Post#73 » by ClarkeW » Fri Jun 5, 2020 3:20 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Neeva wrote:
Mattya wrote:So I haven't researched to much how this will all play out, but Brooklyn being 6 games up on Washington with 8 games to play would be a pretty colossal collapse by the Nets.

Yep I feel the wolves will end up with the 15th pick ultimately with Orlando going ahead one spot.

Isn't there a play in round after the 8 remaining regular season games? Wouldn't those be seeds 11 vs 22 12 vs 21 13 vs 20 14 vs 19 15 vs 18 and 16 vs 17? All it would take is for 18 to beat 15 for us to lose the pick. Or have they tossed out the play in idea?


The play in round is now a different format. From what I understand it will look something like this...

- If the team that finishes in 9th is within 4 games of the team that finishes within 8th, they will have a play-in series

- The team that is in 8th will only need to win one game to advance. The team that is in 9th will need to win two straight games to advance.

- This could lead to a potential max of four play-in round games. Although looking at how far back the Wizards are, it’s more likely that ends up being two play-in games at most.

It could still be exciting. Sort of like our regular season finale against the Nuggets a couple years ago. But it won’t be quite the spectacle they were making it sound like it could be.
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 14,611
And1: 3,667
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: Looking more and more like the NBA season is coming back. How will this affect the Wolves? 

Post#74 » by Mattya » Fri Jun 5, 2020 3:21 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Neeva wrote:
Mattya wrote:So I haven't researched to much how this will all play out, but Brooklyn being 6 games up on Washington with 8 games to play would be a pretty colossal collapse by the Nets.

Yep I feel the wolves will end up with the 15th pick ultimately with Orlando going ahead one spot.

Isn't there a play in round after the 8 remaining regular season games? Wouldn't those be seeds 11 vs 22 12 vs 21 13 vs 20 14 vs 19 15 vs 18 and 16 vs 17? All it would take is for 18 to beat 15 for us to lose the pick. Or have they tossed out the play in idea?


I think that is if there is less than a 4 game difference between the 8th and 9th seed?
KGdaBom
General Manager
Posts: 8,666
And1: 1,891
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Looking more and more like the NBA season is coming back. How will this affect the Wolves? 

Post#75 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jun 5, 2020 12:46 pm

ClarkeW wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Neeva wrote:Yep I feel the wolves will end up with the 15th pick ultimately with Orlando going ahead one spot.

Isn't there a play in round after the 8 remaining regular season games? Wouldn't those be seeds 11 vs 22 12 vs 21 13 vs 20 14 vs 19 15 vs 18 and 16 vs 17? All it would take is for 18 to beat 15 for us to lose the pick. Or have they tossed out the play in idea?


The play in round is now a different format. From what I understand it will look something like this...

- If the team that finishes in 9th is within 4 games of the team that finishes within 8th, they will have a play-in series

- The team that is in 8th will only need to win one game to advance. The team that is in 9th will need to win two straight games to advance.

- This could lead to a potential max of four play-in round games. Although looking at how far back the Wizards are, it’s more likely that ends up being two play-in games at most.

It could still be exciting. Sort of like our regular season finale against the Nuggets a couple years ago. But it won’t be quite the spectacle they were making it sound like it could be.

This is some seriously wonky sheet. :o
Thanks for the update.
KGdaBom
General Manager
Posts: 8,666
And1: 1,891
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Looking more and more like the NBA season is coming back. How will this affect the Wolves? 

Post#76 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jun 5, 2020 12:46 pm

Mattya wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Neeva wrote:Yep I feel the wolves will end up with the 15th pick ultimately with Orlando going ahead one spot.

Isn't there a play in round after the 8 remaining regular season games? Wouldn't those be seeds 11 vs 22 12 vs 21 13 vs 20 14 vs 19 15 vs 18 and 16 vs 17? All it would take is for 18 to beat 15 for us to lose the pick. Or have they tossed out the play in idea?


I think that is if there is less than a 4 game difference between the 8th and 9th seed?

This is some seriously wonky sheet. :o
Thanks for the update.
wolves_89
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,147
And1: 1,754
Joined: Jul 10, 2012
 

Re: Looking more and more like the NBA season is coming back. How will this affect the Wolves? 

Post#77 » by wolves_89 » Fri Jun 5, 2020 10:01 pm

Mattya wrote:So I haven't researched to much how this will all play out, but Brooklyn being 6 games up on Washington with 8 games to play would be a pretty colossal collapse by the Nets.


The Nets would probably have to go 0-8 and then lose the play-in to Washington 0-2 to fall out of the playoffs. I saw on one of the boards that the Wizards schedule is:

Celtics
Thunder
Sixers
Nets
Bucks
Celtics
Suns
Bucks

I'd be fairly surprised if Washington wins more than 2 games (meaning the Nets would only need to win 1 game to keep their playoff spot).
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 41,071
And1: 8,964
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Looking more and more like the NBA season is coming back. How will this affect the Wolves? 

Post#78 » by Calinks » Sat Jun 6, 2020 4:37 am

Looks like the non playoff race teams are looking for a way to get some games in. Some televised games too. I am pretty sure that if they play any kind of competitive ball they will find a way to get it on tv.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29273429/sources-nba-teams-left-orlando-mulling-ways-keep-players-active-amid-hiatus

Among the front-office ideas presented to the NBA, sources said.

A combination of voluntary and mandatory workouts for two weeks in July.

Regional mini-camps in August that include joint practices for a period of days and approximately three televised games.

Organized team activities (OTA's) for mid-September.

Teams want an opportunity for training camps to start 7-to-10 days earlier for the 2020-2021 season for those teams left out of Orlando
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves