ImageImageImage

Noooooo!!! Fitbit has not renewed their sponsorship.

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 41,069
And1: 8,961
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Noooooo!!! Fitbit has not renewed their sponsorship. 

Post#1 » by Calinks » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:05 pm

https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/news/2020/06/22/timberwolves-patch-sponsor-search.html

The wolves are looking for a new sponsor. This is bad news, not because I care so much about Fitbit (though I do think they are nice) it's because I think we had one of the best sponsor setups in the NBA. The sponsor was there but it didn't stand out like a sore thumb, it fit well in the uniform, felt fairly natural. Now we might replace it with some terrible blotch that doesn't match at all.


Image
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 14,611
And1: 3,667
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: Noooooo!!! Fitbit has not renewed their sponsorship. 

Post#2 » by Mattya » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:10 pm

Would have to think Mayo Clinic has to be in the running
Jedzz
Head Coach
Posts: 7,035
And1: 1,453
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Noooooo!!! Fitbit has not renewed their sponsorship. 

Post#3 » by Jedzz » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:12 pm

Mattya wrote:Would have to think Mayo Clinic has to be in the running


They might want less publicity being this is the team that has most of the roster injured all season and taking 4 months for any injury.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 41,069
And1: 8,961
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Noooooo!!! Fitbit has not renewed their sponsorship. 

Post#4 » by Calinks » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:34 pm

Shut Mayo Clinic down if they try to do what they did with the Lynx, took over the whole damn uniform.

Might as well be the Minnesota Mayo Clinics.

Image
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 14,611
And1: 3,667
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: Noooooo!!! Fitbit has not renewed their sponsorship. 

Post#5 » by Mattya » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:57 pm

Calinks wrote:Shut Mayo Clinic down if they try to do what they did with the Lynx, took over the whole damn uniform.

Might as well be the Minnesota Mayo Clinics.

Image


I don’t think the NBA allows ads like this. WNBA needs anything they can to remain afloat.
Jedzz
Head Coach
Posts: 7,035
And1: 1,453
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Noooooo!!! Fitbit has not renewed their sponsorship. 

Post#6 » by Jedzz » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:58 am

Mattya wrote:
Calinks wrote:Shut Mayo Clinic down if they try to do what they did with the Lynx, took over the whole damn uniform.

Might as well be the Minnesota Mayo Clinics.

Image


I don’t think the NBA allows ads like this. WNBA needs anything they can to remain afloat.


That's still really sad. Who was the asshat responsible for forcing that?
User avatar
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
Posts: 23,146
And1: 2,594
Joined: Jul 29, 2008
Location: Frankfurt
 

Re: Noooooo!!! Fitbit has not renewed their sponsorship. 

Post#7 » by Foye » Fri Jul 3, 2020 11:43 am

Don't get the issues you guys have with advertisement on the jerseys...common practice here in Europe.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves