ImageImageImage

"Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo"

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

minimus
General Manager
Posts: 8,272
And1: 2,070
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#41 » by minimus » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:57 am

packforfreedom wrote:maybe calm down a little?


Thats Jedzz :) He is always going full speed, in one direction, not looking in back view mirrors :lol:
KGdaBom
RealGM
Posts: 10,743
And1: 2,198
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#42 » by KGdaBom » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:59 pm

Jedzz is crusading for J Mac and IMO that's a good thing to do. My personal opinion is that J Mac is deserving of better than a 1+3 and if the Wolves let him go they are making a mistake. On the other hand I think the sample size is too small to make absolutes about him. I feel the same about Beasley. Good case, but don't count on him being a year in year out 40+% shooter from 3 scoring 20 or more PPG. I'm far from being an expert on Campazzo. If the Wolves like him a lot then sign him to a 3 or 4 year reasonable deal of about $6 million per and let him and J Mac duke it out for the backup PG role. In that case DON"T draft a PG. Use the pick on a PF (I'm hoping that's Okongwu).
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 55,728
And1: 11,873
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#43 » by Klomp » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:00 pm



Something worth bringing up about him is that he shared the backcourt with Luka Doncic for awhile on Real Madrid. Why is that important? Because Doncic is a bigger ball-dominant guard who struggles to stay in front of point guards defensively, but is better as a help defender. D'Angelo Russell is in a similar category as a player. Campazzo has the ability to play off someone like Russell or Doncic on offense but will be good enough defensively to take the point guard matchup.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Jedzz
General Manager
Posts: 8,309
And1: 1,750
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#44 » by Jedzz » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:07 pm

Klomp wrote:

Something worth bringing up about him is that he shared the backcourt with Luka Doncic for awhile on Real Madrid. Why is that important? Because Doncic is a bigger ball-dominant guard who struggles to stay in front of point guards defensively, but is better as a help defender. D'Angelo Russell is in a similar category as a player. Campazzo has the ability to play off someone like Russell or Doncic on offense but will be good enough defensively to take the point guard matchup.


Luka is like Wiggins size or larger, heavier.

ugh I want to tear up this sales pitch feels really korny to me.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 55,728
And1: 11,873
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#45 » by Klomp » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:04 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Something worth bringing up about him is that he shared the backcourt with Luka Doncic for awhile on Real Madrid. Why is that important? Because Doncic is a bigger ball-dominant guard who struggles to stay in front of point guards defensively, but is better as a help defender. D'Angelo Russell is in a similar category as a player. Campazzo has the ability to play off someone like Russell or Doncic on offense but will be good enough defensively to take the point guard matchup.


Luka is like Wiggins size or larger, heavier.

ugh I want to tear up this sales pitch feels really korny to me.

I never said Luka and D'Angelo are the exact same size, I just said they are both bigger guards which is what they are.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
minimus
General Manager
Posts: 8,272
And1: 2,070
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#46 » by minimus » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:09 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Jedzz is crusading for J Mac and IMO that's a good thing to do. My personal opinion is that J Mac is deserving of better than a 1+3 and if the Wolves let him go they are making a mistake. On the other hand I think the sample size is too small to make absolutes about him. I feel the same about Beasley. Good case, but don't count on him being a year in year out 40+% shooter from 3 scoring 20 or more PPG. I'm far from being an expert on Campazzo. If the Wolves like him a lot then sign him to a 3 or 4 year reasonable deal of about $6 million per and let him and J Mac duke it out for the backup PG role. In that case DON"T draft a PG. Use the pick on a PF (I'm hoping that's Okongwu).


I think that Rosas has shown a very rational approach to deal with offseason.

1) define priorities and targets. For instance, it is clear that #1 we need to re-sign Beasley, #2 find starting PF, #3 find secondary dynamic ballhandler
2) there are different scenarios to resolve our ballhandler issue. Internal development (Culver, Nowell), FA market (JMac, Campazzo), trade(LeVert), draft(Hayes, Edwards etc).
3) it is clear that Rosas MUST do his homework to understand in details every possible scenario to make MIN better
4) when time comes he will be prepared, as I always say that decision is easy and takes only few moments. Preparation work takes time and patience

Same type of decision making path for PF.
2) explore FA market (Juancho, Jerami Grant), trade(Aaron Gordon), draft(Okongwu, Tyler Bey, Paul Reed, Patrick Williams etc), Internal development (Vanderbilt).
3) do homework to understand in details every possible scenario to make MIN better
4) take decision

Yes, we dont have much resources (time, roster spots, cap space), but these aree natural conditions of every team. Right now it does not make sense to be upset about Rosas doing his homework diligently. Final decision will come later.
Jedzz
General Manager
Posts: 8,309
And1: 1,750
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#47 » by Jedzz » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:54 am

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Luka is like Wiggins size or larger, heavier.

ugh I want to tear up this sales pitch feels really korny to me.

I never said Luka and D'Angelo are the exact same size, I just said they are both bigger guards which is what they are.
Yes but you are claiming he's bigger and therefore too slow to defend guards when he's likely not. He's not a fever pitch player like Barea or even Jmac, but he's just got a more patient approach or style. Which I tend to like how he pulls it off. I get you are still focused on big or small, tall or short. I'm looking at how they play and saying it's so different that they aren't groupable.

As I suggested, it might work better if Wiggins was playing PG, which he has. (if Wiggins had better instant thinking and BBIQ for the role), then you could compare or group with Luka based on size. Dlo just has really good reach. Otherwise he's just above Rubio size. That reach could be used to defend much more and our coaches might help him with that. Offensively like Rubio, Dlo isn't occasionally throwing down slams. JMac plays above rim much more than these guys. Where Luka again compares to Wiggins athletically capable of throwing down dunks, but doing so maybe only 15-20 times a season. Luka has that same top shelf kind of athletics but he is smooth and measured about using things such as speed. Also young in the league, his defense might develop more yet and not have any issues with smaller guards just because he's taller.
shangrila
General Manager
Posts: 8,924
And1: 2,385
Joined: Dec 21, 2009
Location: Land of Aus
 

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#48 » by shangrila » Sat Aug 1, 2020 8:57 am

Klomp wrote:

Something worth bringing up about him is that he shared the backcourt with Luka Doncic for awhile on Real Madrid. Why is that important? Because Doncic is a bigger ball-dominant guard who struggles to stay in front of point guards defensively, but is better as a help defender. D'Angelo Russell is in a similar category as a player. Campazzo has the ability to play off someone like Russell or Doncic on offense but will be good enough defensively to take the point guard matchup.

I always find it funny watching these Euro highlight videos. Like, I'm no fan of the rap that usually plays over the NBA stuff but WTF is that music? Come on and slam, really?

Anyway, he seems like an intelligent defender that's deceptively quick (in that league at least). He also looks like a bowling ball and I worry about his offence.

He's a meh from me. If we sign him, cool. If not, whatever.
minimus
General Manager
Posts: 8,272
And1: 2,070
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#49 » by minimus » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:43 am

Correct me if I wrong, but:

* - buyout amount can be negotiated to some degree
* - MIN can contribute only 725K which wont count against our cap space
* - even if Facundo signs with us, he wont be able to pay that money from MIN salary, because he will get his paycheck after each game during season. That means he will need to pay 5.25mil from his pocket
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 55,728
And1: 11,873
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#50 » by Klomp » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:46 am

Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Luka is like Wiggins size or larger, heavier.

ugh I want to tear up this sales pitch feels really korny to me.

I never said Luka and D'Angelo are the exact same size, I just said they are both bigger guards which is what they are.
Yes but you are claiming he's bigger and therefore too slow to defend guards when he's likely not. He's not a fever pitch player like Barea or even Jmac, but he's just got a more patient approach or style. Which I tend to like how he pulls it off. I get you are still focused on big or small, tall or short. I'm looking at how they play and saying it's so different that they aren't groupable.

As I suggested, it might work better if Wiggins was playing PG, which he has. (if Wiggins had better instant thinking and BBIQ for the role), then you could compare or group with Luka based on size. Dlo just has really good reach. Otherwise he's just above Rubio size. That reach could be used to defend much more and our coaches might help him with that. Offensively like Rubio, Dlo isn't occasionally throwing down slams. JMac plays above rim much more than these guys. Where Luka again compares to Wiggins athletically capable of throwing down dunks, but doing so maybe only 15-20 times a season. Luka has that same top shelf kind of athletics but he is smooth and measured about using things such as speed. Also young in the league, his defense might develop more yet and not have any issues with smaller guards just because he's taller.

Are you Jordan's agent or maybe Jordan himself? It's amazing how you can't even have a discussion about two other players without interjecting him into the conversation.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 55,728
And1: 11,873
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#51 » by Klomp » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:47 am

shangrila wrote:I always find it funny watching these Euro highlight videos. Like, I'm no fan of the rap that usually plays over the NBA stuff but WTF is that music? Come on and slam, really?

Never watched Space Jam?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 55,728
And1: 11,873
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#52 » by Klomp » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:58 am

Jedzz wrote:Yes but you are claiming he's bigger and therefore too slow to defend guards when he's likely not. He's not a fever pitch player like Barea or even Jmac, but he's just got a more patient approach or style. Which I tend to like how he pulls it off. I get you are still focused on big or small, tall or short. I'm looking at how they play and saying it's so different that they aren't groupable.

Dallas usually has him guarding SFs and PFs, not PGs. Sure he might be able to guard the occasional PG, but I'm talking about on the whole. He's better as a help defender.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 55,728
And1: 11,873
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#53 » by Klomp » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:32 pm

No doubt Pascucci probably had a hand in that scouting process back then too

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
minimus
General Manager
Posts: 8,272
And1: 2,070
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#54 » by minimus » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:37 pm



For those who have interest you can watch some full games of Final Four with Campazzo.
Jedzz
General Manager
Posts: 8,309
And1: 1,750
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#55 » by Jedzz » Sat Aug 1, 2020 8:31 pm

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:I never said Luka and D'Angelo are the exact same size, I just said they are both bigger guards which is what they are.
Yes but you are claiming he's bigger and therefore too slow to defend guards when he's likely not. He's not a fever pitch player like Barea or even Jmac, but he's just got a more patient approach or style. Which I tend to like how he pulls it off. I get you are still focused on big or small, tall or short. I'm looking at how they play and saying it's so different that they aren't groupable.

As I suggested, it might work better if Wiggins was playing PG, which he has. (if Wiggins had better instant thinking and BBIQ for the role), then you could compare or group with Luka based on size. Dlo just has really good reach. Otherwise he's just above Rubio size. That reach could be used to defend much more and our coaches might help him with that. Offensively like Rubio, Dlo isn't occasionally throwing down slams. JMac plays above rim much more than these guys. Where Luka again compares to Wiggins athletically capable of throwing down dunks, but doing so maybe only 15-20 times a season. Luka has that same top shelf kind of athletics but he is smooth and measured about using things such as speed. Also young in the league, his defense might develop more yet and not have any issues with smaller guards just because he's taller.

Are you Jordan's agent or maybe Jordan himself? It's amazing how you can't even have a discussion about two other players without interjecting him into the conversation.


He just works well for example here and he's obviously a player who's minutes you are suggesting can be replaced with Campozzo. He's a player we've seen here recently and you are talking about how a differnt guy would fit here next to our other players. I'm using WIggins here as well and he's no longer on the team. But he's my closer example to Luka's size and athletics and we saw Wiggins used at PG here. I know you watch the team so I know you can confirm based on your own memory, not take my word for it. I'm just pointing them out. Why are you afraid to get to the truth with closer comparisons and fit here?
shangrila
General Manager
Posts: 8,924
And1: 2,385
Joined: Dec 21, 2009
Location: Land of Aus
 

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#56 » by shangrila » Sat Aug 1, 2020 11:51 pm

Klomp wrote:
shangrila wrote:I always find it funny watching these Euro highlight videos. Like, I'm no fan of the rap that usually plays over the NBA stuff but WTF is that music? Come on and slam, really?

Never watched Space Jam?

The film from 20 years ago? Sure. Wouldn't expect to see it's soundtrack on a youtube vid in 2020 though.
Jedzz
General Manager
Posts: 8,309
And1: 1,750
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#57 » by Jedzz » Sun Aug 2, 2020 9:24 am

Klomp wrote:No doubt Pascucci probably had a hand in that scouting process back then too

Read on Twitter


ok VanKlomp. That's about enough. it's like needles in my side.

he's going to whip pass the Wolves into contention!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 55,728
And1: 11,873
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#58 » by Klomp » Sun Aug 2, 2020 11:30 am

Jedzz wrote:ok VanKlomp. That's about enough. it's like needles in my side.

he's going to whip pass the Wolves into contention!

I didn't even say anything to you, I just posted a link to provide more info for anyone who would like more context of why Minnesota might be interested or how they heard about him. Sorry, I must've struck a nerve.....
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
KGdaBom
RealGM
Posts: 10,743
And1: 2,198
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#59 » by KGdaBom » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:55 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:No doubt Pascucci probably had a hand in that scouting process back then too

Read on Twitter


ok VanKlomp. That's about enough. it's like needles in my side.

he's going to whip pass the Wolves into contention!

I like the idea of getting Campazzo for a reasonable contract and NOT drafting a PG. He by no means needs to be a replacement for J Mac. The two of them can Duke it out for minutes.
Jedzz
General Manager
Posts: 8,309
And1: 1,750
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: "Timberwolves are currently the strongest team on Campazzo" 

Post#60 » by Jedzz » Sun Aug 2, 2020 10:44 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:No doubt Pascucci probably had a hand in that scouting process back then too

Read on Twitter


ok VanKlomp. That's about enough. it's like needles in my side.

he's going to whip pass the Wolves into contention!

I like the idea of getting Campazzo for a reasonable contract and NOT drafting a PG. He by no means needs to be a replacement for J Mac. The two of them can Duke it out for minutes.


I would honestly rather they had a third true PG sitting in the G developing and not playing with the team. They can use one of the many guards they already have if they somehow have in injury issue or want three point guards on the floor for some reason. They have Culver still, Nowell maybe. Neither seems like true point guards to me but can pitch in if needed.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves