Re: ***Around The League 2020 Bubble Thread*** 

Post#422 » by KGdaBom » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:18 pm

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter

SUCH-in!

Who's Monte McNair and who hired him?

The Sacramento Kings announced today that the team has hired Monte McNair as General Manager. A native of Oak Park, California, McNair returns to his home state from the Houston Rockets, where he has held the title of Assistant General Manager since 2018. Prior to that, McNair led the analytic efforts of the Rockets basketball operations department where he worked closely with Houston’s coaching staff to provide on-court strategy and analysis along with opponent preparation.

Another Rockets staffer moving up to GM. Good for him.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,827

Post#423 » by KGdaBom » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:19 pm

minimus wrote:This BOS team is built for Wiseman

Tatum and their 3 FRPs should get the job done. :D
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#424 » by minimus » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:31 pm

KGdaBom wrote:

Something like Wiseman, JJ, Culver, #17 for Jaylen and #26 would be my pipe dream.

Draft Tillie, Reed

KAT/Reid/Tillie
Vanderbilt/Juancho/Reed
Brown/Layman/Martin
Beasley/Okogie/Nowell
DLo/JMac
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#425 » by KGdaBom » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:23 pm

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Something like Wiseman, JJ, Culver, #17 for Jaylen and #26 would be my pipe dream.

Draft Tillie, Reed

KAT/Reid/Tillie
Vanderbilt/Juancho/Reed
Brown/Layman/Martin
Beasley/Okogie/Nowell
DLo/JMac

Not good enough IMO. I'd just rather draft Edwards.
minimus
RealGM

Post#426 » by minimus » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:27 pm

Interesting that DEN had no answer to oversized LAC froncourt, AD/DH/LBJ. Maybe because Jokic is big enough for С, but Millsap/Grant/Craig could not stop opponents from score. Grant rebounding numbers are really concerning to me. I wonder how DEN will address this issue with PF position this offseason.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,350

Post#427 » by Calinks » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:42 pm

Even though the NBA has gone away from bigs/size I still think it can be affective they are playing at a high level. Lakers are a nightmare for bigs, it's a videogame b ut in NBA2K20 in my career when my PF had to play the Lakers in the playoffs, it was horrible, they have so many bigs they can throw at you all game, it's really hard to do anything in the paint and they can abuse small matchups in the paint too.

I wouldn't mind if the wolves ever tried shifting KAT to PF and we got a big defender at the 5. I guess with our current system that 5 would still have to be mobile and shoot the three but damn, KAT and that big could be a force as so few teams are doing that.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
minimus
RealGM

Post#428 » by minimus » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:54 pm

Calinks wrote:Even though the NBA has gone away from bigs/size I still think it can be affective they are playing at a high level. Lakers are a nightmare for bigs, it's a videogame b ut in NBA2K20 in my career when my PF had to play the Lakers in the playoffs, it was horrible, they have so many bigs they can throw at you all game, it's really hard to do anything in the paint and they can abuse small matchups in the paint too.

I wouldn't mind if the wolves ever tried shifting KAT to PF and we got a big defender at the 5. I guess with our current system that 5 would still have to be mobile and shoot the three but damn, KAT and that big could be a force as so few teams are doing that.

I think "playoff Rondo" is the X-factor for LAL. He enters the game, throws perfect lobs, makes genius entry passes, he plays exceptional defense. He is crucial for LAL, because he feeds bigs, he makes decisions based on mismatch, he reads defense.

I think DLo can feed traditional bigman without problem. He was playing well with Allen in BRO. Can it work with Wiseman or Okongwu? Sure. But I think it is still can't be full time solution. I also would not mind DH on the bench for vermin. In East BOS and MIA playing wing heavy rotations. In West, DEN and LAL play bigmen heavy rotations. It will be very interesting Finals. Personally I think that 3pt shot makes hard to justify traditional bigman at PF. The only way traditional bigman can get starting playing time now is playing exceptional, versatile defense, finish at rim at high rate(lobs, dunks etc) and be above average passer. Anyway we will get our answers soon, let's wait for Finals.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#429 » by KGdaBom » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:13 am

minimus wrote:
Calinks wrote:Even though the NBA has gone away from bigs/size I still think it can be affective they are playing at a high level. Lakers are a nightmare for bigs, it's a videogame b ut in NBA2K20 in my career when my PF had to play the Lakers in the playoffs, it was horrible, they have so many bigs they can throw at you all game, it's really hard to do anything in the paint and they can abuse small matchups in the paint too.

I think "playoff Rondo" is the X-factor for LAL. He enters the game, throws perfect lobs, makes genius entry passes, he plays exceptional defense. He is crucial for LAL, because he feeds bigs, he makes decisions based on mismatch, he reads defense.

I think DLo can feed traditional bigman without problem. He was playing well with Allen in BRO. Can it work with Wiseman or Okongwu? Sure. But I think it is still can't be full time solution. I also would not mind DH on the bench for vermin. In East BOS and MIA playing wing heavy rotations. In West, DEN and LAL play bigmen heavy rotations. It will be very interesting Finals. Personally I think that 3pt shot makes hard to justify traditional bigman at PF. The only way traditional bigman can get starting playing time now is playing exceptional, versatile defense, finish at rim at high rate(lobs, dunks etc) and be above average passer. Anyway we will get our answers soon, let's wait for Finals.

Yet Rondo is a terrible shooter.
minimus
RealGM

Post#430 » by minimus » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:02 am

KGdaBom wrote:Yet Rondo is a terrible shooter.

Yet he is shooting 47.4% from 3PT in playoff this year.

P.S. I guess you dont know what "playoff Rondo" means. He is one of my favorite players all-time.

Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#431 » by Killboard » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:03 pm

Calinks wrote:
Killboard wrote:Only here to say I wanted Murray, Anunoby and Herro in 3 of the last 4 drafts where the wolves were picking. I suppose I missed on Bam and Donovan Mitchell.

Who do you want this draft?

Killian Hayes. Not the hype Lamelo, Edwards or Wiseman have, but he is much safer as a prospect and still has really really good potential. He does not have the burst or bounce those other guys have, but that is the reason why so many euros are overlooked. I would fine with him even if we don't trade back. Vassell and Okogongwu would be fine as well after 4, and likely more ready to contribute, but their ceiling is not that high IMO. Okoro could have more potential than those two, but is gambling on his shooting coming around.

Then outside the top10 I like Patrick Williams and Poku. Desmond Bane and Paul Reed moving in the 20's or in the top of the 2nd round.
minimus
RealGM

Post#432 » by minimus » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:26 pm

Read on Twitter

It is getting serious
minimus
RealGM

Post#433 » by minimus » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:34 pm

Read on Twitter
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,197

Post#434 » by Neeva » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:48 pm

Gershon is guy that loves Edwards(and Toppin) and not as high on Ball.
minimus
RealGM

Post#435 » by minimus » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:05 pm

Neeva wrote:Gershon is guy that loves Edwards(and Toppin) and not as high on Ball.

I wonder whether Dane Moore tweet means that we will trade our FRP for future consideration (2021 FRP). I also don't know he is in charge for Euro scouting.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#436 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:25 am

Neeva wrote:Gershon is guy that loves Edwards(and Toppin) and not as high on Ball.

If he doesn't want us drafting Ball I like him already and consider that encouraging toward the idea of us not drafting Ball.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#437 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:36 am

I was busy today and just noticed that the Lakers squeaked out game 2 and have a nice 2-0 lead heading to Denver.
I was SHOCKED to see that the two highest scoring players happened to be the tallest regulars on their respective teams.
Give me size and skill every time over size or skill. Go Lakers.
If I can only have one or the other I will go with Skill, but I'm looking for players that have both.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#438 » by Jedzz » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:12 am

Brendan 9h
the man who said thon maker will be an mvp is now making draft picks

Pao 9h
Sounds like the Mel Kiper Jr of the NBA.

Hopefully it's better help than the twitter verse thinks.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#439 » by Jedzz » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:16 am

#1 overall, #17, #33, and what else should we throw in for picks and bodies to get Jokic to play next to Towns and Dlo? He shoots threes about as well as Davis, little better maybe. Lower 30s.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,952

Post#440 » by Klomp » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:00 am

Jedzz wrote:Brendan 9h
the man who said thon maker will be an mvp is now making draft picks

Pao 9h
Sounds like the Mel Kiper Jr of the NBA.

Hopefully it's better help than the twitter verse thinks.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves