ImageImageImage

***Around The League 2020 Bubble Thread***

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,827

Re: ***Around The League 2020 Bubble Thread*** 

Post#81 » by KGdaBom » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:44 am

Neeva wrote:Damn the nets for winning games they should lose and damn memphis giving boston another lottery pick.

The Bucks gave that one to them. Nets are being crushed by the Celtics at halftime tonight.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,373

Post#82 » by Calinks » Thu Aug 6, 2020 3:05 am

Michael Porter Jr. Killing it again. Don't give a crap if a player is hurt if you think they are a star take them and sit them for a season or two. Totally worth it.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,200

Post#83 » by Neeva » Thu Aug 6, 2020 3:15 am

Calinks wrote:Michael Porter Jr. Killing it again. Don't give a crap if a player is hurt if you think they are a star take them and sit them for a season or two. Totally worth it.

**** jokic ! That was one costly win:/ I don’t give a damn about non playoff record though.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#84 » by minimus » Thu Aug 6, 2020 12:21 pm

ORL should rebuild. They have no chance with this roster.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#85 » by Jedzz » Thu Aug 6, 2020 3:53 pm

Would it make sense for one of the better teams to drop games in the seeding period in order to end up taking on what could have been a later round or finals opponent instead in an earlier round or even first round? To knock them out early? In hopes of having an easier finals round?
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#86 » by Calinks » Thu Aug 6, 2020 8:53 pm

There is no way in hell they are doing a non-playoff team bubble lol. Too many big injuries have happened in this current buibble. Imagine how many GM's would lose their minds if their star player tore an ACL in the scrimmage bubble and would miss the next season lol. No way man. Wont see the wolves until December.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#87 » by Calinks » Fri Aug 7, 2020 1:16 am

Trailblazers are doing their thing again, going on a huge run to make the playoffs. They pull this every year I swear, they look like they are in trouble and then they turn it on and go on like a 10 games win streak.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#88 » by Calinks » Fri Aug 7, 2020 2:07 am

Porter Jr. is turning into a damn star. Didn't know the kid could rebound like this, sheesh. Denver has been striking gold these last 6 years. Jokic, Nurkic, Murray, Porter, Beasley, and maybe Bol someday. Hire whoever leaves their drafting front office next lol.

It's actually kind of disgusting when you think about it, they have been flirting with the playoffs for years, been a solid to really good team and yet they have still drafted amazingly. Us and many other teams have been at the bottom of the barrel for several years with top 8 picks and have missed a ton.

I will always value a first-round pick, particularly top 20, you can def find some gems out of the top 5.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#89 » by Calinks » Fri Aug 7, 2020 2:23 am

Trent Jr. 5/7 from the three point line. Assassin.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#90 » by KGdaBom » Fri Aug 7, 2020 5:28 am

Calinks to have lost that game to Denver and missed ending that playoff drought would have tempted me to Hari Kaari or however it's spelled. No guarantee we would have drafted Porter and if we had no guarantee he would have became a star for us. He's showing signs, but all in all I prefer that one and done in the playoffs.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#91 » by Klomp » Fri Aug 7, 2020 5:40 am

KGdaBom wrote:Calinks to have lost that game to Denver and missed ending that playoff drought would have tempted me to Hari Kaari or however it's spelled. No guarantee we would have drafted Porter and if we had no guarantee he would have became a star for us. He's showing signs, but all in all I prefer that one and done in the playoffs.

I do think that playoff berth was hugely important. Combine missing the playoffs again with the Thibodeau/Butler drama and I'm not certain Towns would've signed the guaranteed 5-year deal that following September.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#92 » by Rookie-Mistake » Fri Aug 7, 2020 5:44 am

I've tuned into bubble games.. very hard to watch compared to pre-bubble.. i'm not as much of a basketball purist than what i thought i would be.

I need the entertainment, i need the fan reactions.. am i alone here?
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#93 » by Calinks » Fri Aug 7, 2020 6:01 am

KGdaBom wrote:Calinks to have lost that game to Denver and missed ending that playoff drought would have tempted me to Hari Kaari or however it's spelled. No guarantee we would have drafted Porter and if we had no guarantee he would have became a star for us. He's showing signs, but all in all I prefer that one and done in the playoffs.

Not saying I disagree. REally just pointing out how good Denver has done drafting, and again how very important it is you nail your draft picks. Lots of teams have squandered far too many high level picks.

Rookie-Mistake wrote:I've tuned into bubble games.. very hard to watch compared to pre-bubble.. i'm not as much of a basketball purist than what i thought i would be.

For me I haven't felt that much different. I'd say my enjoyment level is close to the same. Not quite 100 percent but it's like 85 percent and that's good enough for me right now. I actually do enjoy the piped in fan noise, thought it would be stupid but I like it. The virtual fans I could take or leave but I like them more than the cardboard cutouts in baseball.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,200

Post#94 » by Neeva » Fri Aug 7, 2020 6:38 am

Calinks wrote:Porter Jr. is turning into a damn star. Didn't know the kid could rebound like this, sheesh. Denver has been striking gold these last 6 years. Jokic, Nurkic, Murray, Porter, Beasley, and maybe Bol someday. Hire whoever leaves their drafting front office next lol.

It's actually kind of disgusting when you think about it, they have been flirting with the playoffs for years, been a solid to really good team and yet they have still drafted amazingly. Us and many other teams have been at the bottom of the barrel for several years with top 8 picks and have missed a ton.

I will always value a first-round pick, particularly top 20, you can def find some gems out of the top 5.

They gave away mitchell for nothing. Murray and jokic are overated.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#95 » by KGdaBom » Fri Aug 7, 2020 1:48 pm

Rookie-Mistake wrote:I've tuned into bubble games.. very hard to watch compared to pre-bubble.. i'm not as much of a basketball purist than what i thought i would be.

As far as I'm concerned you are alone. I like the basketball and don't give a rat's a$$ about having fans there. :o
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,868

Post#96 » by life_saver » Fri Aug 7, 2020 6:31 pm

I actually haven't really felt much difference in environment...maybe end of closely contested games have better atmosphere if actual crowd was there but other than that, I don't really find any big differences. NBA has done excellent job so far. Since, most of the teams playing in bubble are playoff teams, there have been lot of closely contested fun games so far
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#97 » by Mattya » Fri Aug 7, 2020 10:04 pm

If I’m doing my math right if the Nets win or the Wizards lose today then it is impossible for the Wiz to force a play in.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#98 » by Jedzz » Fri Aug 7, 2020 11:10 pm

I was hoping they would pipe in sound and put up projector screens and was glad to see they have sort of. To me it seems to help plenty. I wonder what the players think about getting their seats off the edge of the court in the hockey box looking team seating. Could that be something that sticks?
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#99 » by Jedzz » Fri Aug 7, 2020 11:13 pm

Calinks wrote:Porter Jr. is turning into a damn star. Didn't know the kid could rebound like this, sheesh. Denver has been striking gold these last 6 years. Jokic, Nurkic, Murray, Porter, Beasley, and maybe Bol someday. Hire whoever leaves their drafting front office next lol.

How come your last sentance seems to be oblivious to your first two paragraphs? Tell that part of you that wrote the last sentence to go sit in the corner and think about what he's done.

The top end of the FR are for selling seats and hope. The mid to late first, the second round, and the undrafted pickups are where champion teams are filled out. I can tell you which end the Timberwolves have focused on and then I can show you their cap record and game record. But you can't lead a thirsty man to water if he keeps thinking you are a mirage lying to him.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#100 » by KGdaBom » Fri Aug 7, 2020 11:54 pm

Mattya wrote:If I’m doing my math right if the Nets win or the Wizards lose today then it is impossible for the Wiz to force a play in.

That ship has sailed. I'm just hoping for the Nets to lose all the rest of their games so we can get pick 15 instead of 16 or 17.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves