ImageImageImage

Hire Nate McMillan?

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

minimus
General Manager
Posts: 8,272
And1: 2,070
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: Hire Nate McMillan? 

Post#81 » by minimus » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:04 am

Battletrigger wrote:
minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:me saying how much he sucks.


JFYI, I don't know about your mentally, but in Russian when a man says to another man "you suck", it will usually lead to blood. There is difference between saying "you are bad at something" or "your opinion is incorrect" and "you suck". No one will say about another person in public "he sucks". At least this is not the way grown men speak in our mentally.


In Russia there are too many things that lead to blood :lol:


No, not really. It is safe and peaceful :) You can come and chill in Russia without any worries, mate!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 55,728
And1: 11,873
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Hire Nate McMillan? 

Post#82 » by Klomp » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:24 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:If Ryan’s last name was a Ryan Anderson, he wouldn’t be a head coach in the NbA. That’s a fact. He has no head coaching experience or any experience playing basketball at a high level.

Neither did Erik Spoelstra when he was hired.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
UnFadeable21
Senior
Posts: 556
And1: 122
Joined: Mar 30, 2019

Re: Hire Nate McMillan? 

Post#83 » by UnFadeable21 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:36 pm

Klomp wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:If Ryan’s last name was a Ryan Anderson, he wouldn’t be a head coach in the NbA. That’s a fact. He has no head coaching experience or any experience playing basketball at a high level.

Neither did Erik Spoelstra when he was hired.


Spo recieved many schlarships for D-1 basketball and played at a high level. Was a head coach for a club team in Europe and then hand picked by a Hall of Fame coach and executive in Pat Riley.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 55,728
And1: 11,873
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Hire Nate McMillan? 

Post#84 » by Klomp » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:40 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Klomp wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:If Ryan’s last name was a Ryan Anderson, he wouldn’t be a head coach in the NbA. That’s a fact. He has no head coaching experience or any experience playing basketball at a high level.

Neither did Erik Spoelstra when he was hired.


Spo recieved many schlarships for D-1 basketball and played at a high level. Was a head coach for a club team in Europe and then hand picked by a Hall of Fame coach and executive in Pat Riley.

Wrong.

Image
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
KGdaBom
RealGM
Posts: 10,743
And1: 2,198
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Hire Nate McMillan? 

Post#85 » by KGdaBom » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:08 pm

Not all assistant coaching jobs are the same. I think for an assistant coach to step up to a HC he needs to have experience as a lead assistant for a successful organization.
Neeva
Veteran
Posts: 2,854
And1: 935
Joined: Jun 03, 2016

Re: Hire Nate McMillan? 

Post#86 » by Neeva » Thu Oct 1, 2020 10:59 pm

So D’Antoni is still available? Why aren’t the wolves going after him if they are serious about this system and winning ?
KGdaBom
RealGM
Posts: 10,743
And1: 2,198
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Hire Nate McMillan? 

Post#87 » by KGdaBom » Thu Oct 1, 2020 11:12 pm

Neeva wrote:So D’Antoni is still available? Why aren’t the wolves going after him if they are serious about this system and winning ?

Because we don't do things that way around here son :lol: .
We have to wait for Flip to fail to the point where none of the fans support him anymore. Than we will look for our next coach.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves